Important: HOSTS stay in the house. Ideal for a big family. Stay in quiet, comfortable room in safe and clean neighborhood with free parking. 4 bedrooms for 8, big kitchen, 2.5 baths,big dining room sits 8 , spacious family & living rooms and more.
Built in 2012, this brand new house is a two-storied building (3150 sq. ft) that has all a new and big house has: clean, bright, fresh, spacious and well designed to suit the comfort of modern life. In addition, the house is equipped with water filtering system that makes the water pure, soft and safe.
Please read our details carefully before booking. Thank you for your cooperation!
1) The house hosts 8 guests. Extra guest pays $35 each to share the 4 rooms and baths and other facilities. Guests have access to 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, a living room, a family room, a dinning room, a kitchen, furniture and TVs. The HOSTS stay in the same house in a separate bedroom in the corner upstairs. The whole house is WiFi accessible.
2) Bedrooms and bathrooms: Guests have 2 super quiet rooms with a bath upstairs and another 2 bedrooms downstairs also with a bath. There is a 1/2 bath for additional use. All bedrooms are fully furnished with clean and comfort queen size beds with high quality linens. All towels, shampoo, body wash and toiletry are provided in the bathroom.
2) Breakfast: Please ask us for special homemade breakfast service.
3) Kitchen: Limited access, such as microwave and toaster. Please ask host for permission to use the stove or oven
4) Guests have TVs in rooms upstairs. This a 42 inch TV downstairs in the family room.There are both Chinese and English channels downstairs.
Interaction with Guests
I am a college professor and my wife is a professional house wife. We love people and love to make friends with people from all over the world.
We guarantee to provide excellent customized services and make you feel like staying in your own home.
The house is surrounded by mountains on the north and the east. We are in a very quiet and safe neighborhood. Right in front of the house is a big grass covered park with playgrounds, basketball, baseball and soccer sports fields.
The weather here is beautiful year round, and usually a few degrees warmer and less foggy than that immediately on the coast.
Our house is 4 minutes away from the Monterey gateway, Monterey Peninsular Exit on I-101 where you can come and enjoy all that Monterey Bay has to offer from Santa Cruz to Big Sur. The Monterey Bay Aquarium, historic Cannery Row, Fishman’s Wharf, whale watching, wine tasting in Carmel Valley, Moss Landing, Marina Beach, fishing, cycling，kayaking, sliding, or stroll along one of the many beaches are within 14- 25 miles.
Salinas Transit Center, Steinbeck Center, and railway station is about 4 miles away, which is accessible by buses. It is an ideal mid way between San Francisco and Los Angeles. Gilroy Outlet Malls are 30 minutes drive on North 101 and Hearst Castle is about 2 hours and half down on South 101. Five miles from the house is Highway 68 whereby you can reach Toro Park (6 miles), Laguna Seca Race Track (14 miles), and Monterey City (20 miles). Hwy 1 and Marina Beach is 12 miles on the West. Shopping is convenient: supermarkets, shopping centers and bus stops close by within walking distance.
Other Things to Note
Gas price at the exit of 101 nearby the house is famously cheap, around 20cents per gallon cheaper than Monterey and Mariana areas.
The weather here is beautiful year round, and usually a few degrees warmer and less foggy than immediately on the coast.
Below is Chinese translation:
我们的住处属于蒙特雷湾区 Menterey Bay。蒙特雷海湾凉爽的气候和优美的风景令无数游人流连忘返，乐不思归。这里曾经有画家张大千的国外故居之一（参见《访张大千加州故居》--吴晓铃 《人民日报》 1987/04/25）这里也是诺贝尔获奖者斯坦贝克的故乡。斯坦贝克笔下《罐头厂街》（Cannery Row）的那条同名街就在蒙特雷市闻名全美的水族馆前边，还有《愤怒的葡萄》（The Grapes of Wrath）和《人鼠之间》（Of Mice and Men）的田野上奔跑着现代化的农机。这两部小说都拍成了电影，小说和电影的背景就是我们这儿的城市萨利娜市Salinas周围。这里也有诗人罗宾逊•翟弗尔斯（１８８７－１９６２）的石塔故居。此外，17英里风景线，卡迈尔高尔夫场，卡迈尔酿酒庄园，赫斯特古堡，美丽的海边一号公路以及路边旁的沙滩瀑布，渔人码头，还有海狮、海象、海豹、鲸鱼、鸟岛等奇特景观数不胜数。这里一年四季都适合旅游，夏天是超级的避暑圣地，冬天便是春暖花开的乐园。超一流的人文和自然景观是这里吸引全世界游人的主要原因。作为居住在这里的中国人，我们很高兴能有机会为我们同胞服务。除了提供住宿，我们还可以为大陆及台湾讲汉语的游客提供接机翻译导游和交通运输等特殊服务。另外，我們還免費提供價值80美元的水族館票(先來先得，定兩天以上者優先)。建议最佳游玩时间：两天。
We will do our best to make sure that your stay with us is pleasant and comfortable. Please help us maintain and improve our service quality:
1. We will appreciate it that our guests remove their shoes on all carpeted areas that include living room, bedrooms both upstairs and down stairs. Please wear sleepers or your shoes on the wood floor areas that include hall way, kitchen and family room.
2.Kitchen: Limited access, such as microwave and toaster. Please ask host for permission to use the stove or oven
3. We do not ask for key deposit. However, if you lose it, we'll have to replace locks of all entrances. The cost will be deducted from the security deposit, or we all ask you to pay for the cost for locks replacement.
4. We have Dish network and most of the programs are free. There are also paid program available. If our guests want to watch paid program, please let us know in advance. The amount charged for watching the program must be paid by the guests.
5. Please no pets, no smoke and no drug in the house.
Thank you for your cooperation.
HENRY AND HOLLY WITH A BIG HUG
The house was great and clean.The room with a comfortable bed was really nice .
Holly is a lovely host. It is a great place to stay!
The house is great and cozy. We 6 people have a good time here and hope that we can stay longer. Henry & Holly are nice and helpful and also gave us some advice on our plan of driving along CA State Route 1. It is a good choice to stay here if you are going to visit Monterey.
henry&holly were very much welcomed our big group of 9 persons, the house was great, spacious. the neighborhood was quiet, clean, and close by a supermarket. we are so confident that on our next trip to pacific coast hwy 1 ，we will definitely stay with them. thanks so much!
We had 6 people staying at the place. It is in a super nice and quiet neighborhood and well equipped. The place's super cozy and hosts very helpful and friendly. Definitely love the place and hope to stay there longer^^
Holly is a lovely host, she was friendly and extremely accommodating. We felt most welcome in her home. The house is large and accommodated the 7 of us comfortably. The neighborhood was clean and pleasant with shops located nearby. It was a relatively short drive into Monterey and Holly let us use her Monterey Aquarium passes. Holly is a master at making dumpling and she and shared some traditional Chinese cuisine with us on New Years Eve. We would recommend this listing to our friends and family.
This host has 303 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I am a professor teaching Chinese at a Language Institute in Monterey. I am 54 years old. Married. I am Chinese and I got my PhD in Indiana University. I love, Tai Chi, zen meditation, hiking, and literature. My wife Holly Wu was a professional dancer and singer and now she is a professional house worker who loves cooking and maintaining the house. We both love people who bring with them cultures from all over the places in the world.