About this listing
Cow Creek Suite For Two is a brand new (May, 2014) with immaculate and luxuriously comfortable accommodations for 1 or 2 in a quiet edge-of-town location. King bed, private bath/laundry, kitchenette and dining facilities, HDTV, wireless internet.
Extraordinarily comfortable seating from the leather sofa to the LazyBoy recliner to the padded dining chairs.
Although this is a brand new vacation rental unit (new in May, 2014) we have been owner-operators of one of Ridgway and Ouray County's most popular vacation rentals - Cow Creek Suite - since 2007. Cow Creek Suite For Two offers the same measure of affordable luxury in a large, open and airy space that our guests have come to appreciate with Cow Creek Suite but at a lower rate for those not needing two bedrooms or a large, full kitchen.
Cow Creek Suite For Two features 400 thread-count 100% cotton sheets, a 42' HDTV with "The Hopper" and premium HD service from Dish Network, fast 12Mb wireless internet service, a well-equipped ktichenette, custom woodwork, high-quality furnishings and even secure, in-room storage for your bicycles. The luxurious yet affordable Cow Creek Suite For Two is designed to help you get the most out of your vacation dollars while enjoying a home base that fits the classic western grandeur of the surrounding landscape.
The convenient, edge-of-town location is as quiet as it gets yet it's close-in enough to save you time getting to all the places you want to go in San Juan Country. Access to the town's network of bike paths is directly across the street for a quick, easy walk or ride into the center of town and all its many fine restaurants, shops, and attractions including the Visitor Center, Railroad Museum, Town Park, County Fairgrounds, and the Uncompahgre River Trail. This paved trail follows the river corridor to Dennis Weaver Memorial Park and Ridgway State Park, and will also get you to many of the area's awesome trails for cross-country skiing, hiking and single-track.
Interaction with Guests
We live 15 minutes outside town so you'll only see us in the unlikely event you need help with something - in which case we're easily contacted and close enough to be very responsive.
Ridgway is a small, still somewhat sleepy western town of extraordinarily friendly and family oriented folks who place a high priority on a healthy, active lifestyle that takes full advantage of the incredible surrounding landscape. Strong ranching traditions remain solidly in place all around Ridgway with the added bonus of preserving the beautiful San Juan Mountain vistas that are quite literally everywhere you look. The town's recent recognition as one of Colorado's emerging art communities holds much promise for the future. Artists of every description as well as rugged outdoor adventure seekers are finding this special mountain valley town to be the perfect place to live, work and play.
Cow Creek Suite For Two is ideally located between Telluride and Ouray along the San Juan Skyway, perhaps the most scenic of the entire Colorado Scenic and Historic Byway System. This paved highway forms a 236 mile loop in the southwest part of Colorado traversing the heart of the San Juan Mountains. The property is just 37 scenic highway miles from Telluride's incredible snow skiing and summer festivals, yet only a short walk or drive to Ridgway and Ouray's natural hot springs, unique historic attractions, affordable shops, great restaurants and limitless outdoor adventures. (Think Outside!)
Other Things to Note
The suite is smoke and pet free and features allergen barrier bedding and the building's AccuClean(TM) Whole Home Air Filtration System. And, you can rest easy knowing there are no fuel-burning furnaces on the property - instead, fresh outside air is safely heated and cooled by an energy efficient all-climate air source heat pump located outside.
Our $99 nightly rate includes all State and local sales and lodging taxes.
Our weekly rate requires a Saturday check-in and is just $499 ($556 with taxes).
We discount our nightly/weekly rates 15% on stays of 21 nights or more. Airbnb's rate quote system doesn't accommodate the Saturday check-in requirement or 21 day discount and therefore isn't able to quote our weekly or discounted rates, however if you're looking for a 7 night stay with a Saturday check-in let us know and we'll make sure you get a customized quote based on our weekly rate and 21+ day rate if applicable.
Taxes do not apply on stays of 30 nights or more. Monthly rates are for November through April calendar months only.
COW CREEK SUITE FOR TWO IS OFFERED VIA THE AIRBNB BOOKING SYSTEM AS A VACATION RENTAL UNDER THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT. BEFORE REQUESTING A RESERVATION FOR COW CREEK SUITE FOR TWO YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THE VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND YOUR REQUEST FOR A RESERVATION WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACKNOWLEDGMENT THAT YOU HAVE DONE SO AND ASSERT YOUR FULL AND COMPLETE ACCEPTANCE OF THE VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT AND ALL OF ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT
1. CHECK-IN/OUT: Check-in is 4pm or later and check-out is before 11:00am. Weekly rentals run Saturday to Saturday except as otherwise confirmed in writing by us.
2. NO SMOKING: There is NO SMOKING allowed on the premises, indoors or out.
3. NO PETS: There are NO PETS allowed on the premises, indoors or out.
4. INELIGIBLE RENTERS: We do not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
5. CANCELLATIONS. Airbnb's applicable cancellation policy in effect at the time we accept your reservation request governs any cancellations of confirmed reservations.
6. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: The maximum number of overnight occupants is limited to 2 persons. Limited entertaining of additional non-overnight guests may be arranged upon our prior written approval.
7. INCLUSIVE FEES, EXTRA FEES: Rent includes a one-time bed linen and towel set up, water and electric utilities including heating and air conditioning, premium satellite HDTV service from Dish Network and high-speed wireless internet service. Wireline telephone service is not provided, however there is excellent cellular telephone coverage at the property. The Rent is based on all windows and doors being fully closed on days when either heating or air conditioning are in use; the daily rate for the unit shall be increased by $20.00 for any day or part thereof we observes otherwise, which amount you hereby agree to pay. The Cleaning Fee does not include any carpet cleaning that may be required for removal of dirt and/or mud or stains of any kind caused by occupants, our reasonable cost of which you hereby authorize us to charge to your credit card on file with Airbnb in addition to the Cleaning Fee. In such event we will furnish you with copies of all receipts.
8. NO HOUSEKEEPING OR LAUNDRY SERVICE: While we provide bed linens, towels and laundry facilities, we do not provide housekeeping and laundry services or supplies and these are to be provided by you. Bed linens or towels are not permitted to be taken from the premises for any reason.
9. RATE CHANGES: Rental rates are subject to change without notice any time prior to our acceptance via the Airbnb booking system of your reservation request.
10. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of Reservation Deposit and/or rental money, and occupancy of the unit will not be permitted.
11. MOTOR VEHICLE PARKING: Off-street parking is provided for one vehicle in the designated parking space in front of the building.
12. QUIET OCCUPANCY: Excessive noise by occupants deemed by us to be detrimental to the upstairs vacation rental environment or neighboring properties is not permitted.
13. SECURITY: You are responsible for your own security and for keeping all windows and doors closed and locked when not in use and particularly when not in residence. This is also to protect the property from the sudden storms that commonly occur in our mountain climate often with little warning. We are not responsible for loss or damage of any kind suffered by you on the premises, inside or out, regardless of whether or not windows and doors are kept closed and/or locked or whether occupants are in residence or not.
14. LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY. You are responsible for any loss or damage you or your guests may cause to Cow Creek Suite For Two or its contents beyond reasonable wear and tear and agree to reimburse our reasonable costs for a) repairs and/or replacements, b) cleaning services not covered by the Cleaning Fee, and c) compensation we may be compelled to render to subsequent guests if repairs cannot be completed prior to their check-in date, and you hereby authorize us to charge any and all of these amounts to your credit card on file with Airbnb. In such event you we will provide you with copies of receipts.
15. AGREEMENT AND RIGHT TO OCCUPANCY. By submitting a request via the Airbnb booking system to reserve Cow Creek Suite For Two you are signifying your acceptance of and agreement to each of the terms and conditions of this Vacation Rental Agreement and agree to comply with them and require all in your rental party to read and comply with them as well. Your right to occupancy of Cow Creek Suite For Two is conditioned upon such compliance and failure to comply may result in your immediate eviction.
16. CONFIRMATION OF RESERVATION. Our acceptance via the Airbnb booking system of your reservation request will constitute confirmation of your reservation and the date of such acceptance shall be the effective date of the Vacation Rental Agreement.
The suite was exactly as pictured. Mary Beth communicated efficiently and our 2 night stay was exactly what we were looking for.
Mary Beth made access to the residence and our stay easy. She communicated with us while we were setting up our visit and answered our questions quickly. We arrived and everything was clean and ready.
The Cow Creek suite was spacious enough for us to have some friends visit with us and to have a nice dinner.
We would stay at this location again, without hesitation.
Thanks for a very nice stay!
The suite was everything we wanted of a home base while in Ridgway: spacious, clean, quiet, and a great value. Absolutely recommended!
Marybeth's place was even nicer than we expected - it was spacious, well organized, quiet and very clean. The only drawback for some might be that the kitchenette is limited; the suite has a sink, toaster oven, fridge, microwave and coffee maker but no stove. This is not a complaint; it was exactly as described.
We would not hesitate to stay here on a future visit. Indeed, Mary Beth's suite will be our first choice next time around.
One final note: the photos left me wondering if the place would be dark and gloomy. It wasn't at all. The shades are down in the photos but once you open them the suite is filled with light.
Our stay at cow creek suite was fabulous! Everything was immaculate! Extremely clean and the bed was super comfy. Mary Beth covered all the details with having plenty of towels, soap, coffee, etc. even a deck of cards incase we got bored. We have absolutely no complaints about our stay here. This is definitely a place we will stay at again when we visit in the future and we'd recommend it to anyone.
About the Host, Mary Beth
Hi I'm Mary Beth and along with my husband Bob and son Trevor we've been making the beautiful apartment above our antique shop available as a vacation rental since it was built in 2007. It's done so well we've now put the antique business on the internet and converted this great ground floor space into another vacation rental.
I've lived in Ridgway since 1974 and enjoy sharing what I've learned about this special place we call home and its many attractions. It's been our dream to have our own business here and we really enjoy helping our guests get the most out of their vacation dollars. We look forward to hosting you and promise to do our best to make Cow Creek Suite For Two your favorite home away from home!