About this listing
Artist house, high ceiling bedrooms, private parking and in a conservation area near Battersea Park. Battersea is close enough to all major sights while being mainly a residential area. The house is located within minute's walk to bus stops serving direct bus routes to Sloane Square, South Kensington, Victoria, Vauxhall, Clapham Junction and Liverpool St.
- End of terrace two bedroom house close to Southwest corner of Battersea Park, SW11
- Private gated car parking space next to the house
- Bedroom One has a large European queenside (160cm wide) bed in the mezzanine.
- Bedroom Two has a large European queenside (160cm wide) four poster bed.
- Finally, there is also a pull out sofabed in the living room, again for 1 or 2. Use of sofa bed is for the 5th or 6th person.
- One bathroom with shower/bath and toilet on upper floor. Another toilet and small sink on ground floor next to kitchen.
- Large and modern kitchen/dining room
* please note the modular sofa and the rug in the living room is no longer in the house. In replacement are similar modular sofas in blue and a sisal carpet.
- there is a communal garden in our complex however short term rental guests (less than 3 months) are not allowed access
- the house is near a public gym (Latchmere Leisure Centre) with an indoor pool as well a private one (Nuffield Health Club)
Interaction with guests
We rent out our house only when we are away. Keys can be arranged with a friend for access to the house between 11am-5pm but the house is only ready from 5pm if there are guests leaving the day of your arrival. Will notify you in advance should this be the situation.
- Battersea is a quiet family area, easy access to Battersea Park and Clapham Junction/Lavender Hill for restaurants and shops. Walk across the bridge and you will be in Chelsea or Fulham. There are plenty of direct bus routes to central London.
- Ideally located if you are in town for events in the Battersea Park (Affordable Art Fair) or the Chelsea Flower Show
- Clapham Junction is perfect if you are arriving from Gatwick Airport. Direct bus from South Kensington tube station if arriving from Heathrow Airport or 30min journey by car.
- 5 mins walk to Battersea Park, 15 mins walk to Clapham Junction, and 20 mins walk over to Chelsea across Albert Bridge or Battersea Bridge for Fulham.
- Great bus routes, 1 min walk to buses direct for South Kensington (345 or 49), Sloane Square (319), Vauxhall (344), Victoria (44), Liverpool Street (344) or Clapham Junction (almost all the lines).
- Oyster cards (London transport travel card) x 4 available to borrow, just need to add credit
- Bike share scheme just a minute walk from the house, near the Nuffield Gym on Sheepcote Lane. (URL HIDDEN)
Other things to note
- Please have a profile or tell us more about yourselves so we can have a better understanding of potential guests
- All other times for Check in time will need to be arranged
- Check out time is 11am
A house manual will be emailed once a booking is confirmed. A printed copy will be left inside the house but please make sure all guests have a look through. 6 travel Oyster cards and 2 sets of keys will be provided.
* No smoking inside the house
* Respectful, honest and tidy people who would treat our house as if it was their own. This house is a private home, not a hotel.
* As we are in a residential area, please keep all noise level low as not to disturb the neighbours.
* We prefer people not to wear shoes at home, if possible.
* Please be mindful about energy use and turn off the boiler for heating and hot water when not in use.
I've been using Airbnb for a while now, both as a user and as a host. My partner and I find hotels are often boring and soul-less. What a wonderful way to explore a new place by living like a local.
Paolo is an artist and most of the works in our homes are his. I travel often for work in the field of brand marketing and design communications.
We have a dog named Rocco and he travels with us wherever and whenever possible.