Artist house, 2 high ceiling bedrooms, private parking and communal garden in conservation area near Battersea Park. Bright and spacious. Easy access to Clapham Junction and well served by bus routes to Chelsea, South Kensington, Victoria, Vauxhall.
back entrance via communal garden, house on right. Kitchen door opens onto the garden.
- End of terrace two bedroom house close to Southwest corner of Battersea Park, SW11
- Large communal garden (part of Southside Quarters)
- Private gated car parking space next to the house
- Bedroom One has a large European queensize bed in the mezzanine, sleeps 2.
- Bedroom Two has a large European queensize four poster bed, sleeps 2.
- Finally, there is also a pull out sofabed in the living room, again for 1 or 2. Use of sofa bed is for the 5th or 6th person and the extra charge per person is just to cover the washing and ironing of the bed linen used.
- One bathroom with shower/bath and toilet on upper floor. Another toilet and small hand sink on ground floor next to kitchen.
- Large and modern kitchen/dining room with big floor-to-ceiling door opening onto the communal garden.
- Small private garden area for eating outside, bbq or just chilling out on the bench.
* please note the modular sofa and the rug in the living room is no longer in the house. We are waiting for new ones to arrive to update photos.
- Washer/dryer, steam oven, oven, gas hob, dish washer
- Free Wifi available
- Central heating throughout
- outdoor BBQ, table and seating
- gated allocated parking space for 1 car (request special code in advance)
- London Barclays bike also available to hire near the gym
- The house is in front of a public gym (Latchmere Leisure Centre) with an indoor pool as well a private one (Nuffield Health Club)
Interaction with Guests
We rent out our house only when we are away. Keys can be arranged with a friend or self access through a set of codes depending on day and time of arrival.
- Battersea is a quiet area, easy access to Battersea Park and Clapham Junction/Lavender Hill for restaurants and shops. Walk across the bridge and you will be in Chelsea or Fulham. There are plenty of direct bus routes to central London.
- Clapham Junction is perfect if you are arriving from Gatwick Airport. Direct bus from South Kensington tube station if arriving from Heathrow Airport or 30min journey by car.
- 5 mins walk to Battersea Park, 15 mins walk to Clapham Junction, and 20 mins walk over to Chelsea across Albert Bridge or Battersea Bridge for Fulham.
- Great bus routes, 1 min walk to buses direct for South Kensington (345 or 49), Sloane Square (319), Vauxhall (344), Victoria (44), Liverpool Street (344) or Clapham Junction (phone number hidden)).
- Oyster cards (London transport travel card) x 2 available to borrow, just need to add credit
Other Things to Note
- Please have a profile or tell us more about yourselves so we can have a better understanding of potential guests
- Ideally, check in after 3pm and check out at 11am. Other times will need to be discussed and arranged
* No smoking inside the house
* Respectful, honest and tidy people who would treat our house as if it was their own. This house is a private home, not a hotel.
* We prefer people not to wear shoes at home, if possible.
Joe was communicative, straightforward and very helpful. He is well organised too (with a printed info file). I highly recommend his property, which is his home and not a rental house. Firstly it was very clean, and this is important. It was a spacious 2 bed with a study, comfortable, with lots of quirky art, well furnished and all that you could need. It was well equipped from dishwasher tablets to teabags. The beds were superb, as mentioned by another reviewer. we could not get up in the morning. The location is excellent for buses and I walked to Clapham junction overland too. Battersea park is is conveniently local so we walked the dog every day. First air bnb experience for me and has given me a great impression.
Joe's attention to detail was greatly appreciated. We loved the house and the location was perfect for us. The garden out back was lovely, the beds were comfortable and when we had a minor problem, Joe was immediately helpful even on Christmas Day and in another country!
Casa preciosa en un Barrio tranquilo. Todo muy bien indicado y facil. Estuvimos comodos. Muy recomendable.
The house was well equipped and comfortable and it was great to have off street parking in such a central location. The location worked well for us as it was convenient for meeting lots of our friends who live nearby. It was also great for our toddler as we were able to take him swimming across the road and also to Battersea Park, a ten minute walk away.
A lovely place to stay for a celebratory weekend in London. Everything went smoothly, couldn't ask for a better first experience of AirBnB.
The reservation was canceled 3 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
This host has 14 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I've been using Airbnb for a while now, both as a user and as a host. My partner and I find hotels are often boring and soul-less. What a wonderful way to explore a new place by living like a local.
Paolo is an artist and I travel often for work between London, Taipei and Florence.
We have a dog named Rocco and he travels with us wherever and whenever possible.