About this listing
Central, cool, calm and private house & garden between Dublin city centre and conveniently located, popular Camden St./Portobello area. Sleeps 6 people comfortably, 4/5 in 2 bedrooms + up to 6/7 including the living room. Also ideal for 1 or a couple. Open fireplace in the living room. Large private deck out back perfect for outdoor lunches. Well stocked kitchen/breakfast room for socialising. Modern-retro decor. Wide range of citywide recommendations given. 5 star reviews. Look no further!
This is a comfortable, spacious and very funky, late Georgian house with original features, an updated large bathroom and back garden. Decorated with 60s & 70s objets d'art, books and records.
Sleeping space: 2 bedrooms with a total of 2 double beds + 1 single bed and a good sized living room that sleeps 1 or a couple.
The much-loved kitchen is the social hub of the house.
Overall, there's plenty of space for 6 people.
This is a 2 story house with steps up to the hall door.
You will have sole access to the house including bedrooms, bathroom, toilet, kitchen, living room and back garden.
The house is 5-15mins walking distance from all the main shopping areas, best restaurants and most museums. I work in the hospitality and entertainment industry and have a good insight into some of Dublin's best kept secrets.
Interaction with guests
I will meet you on arrival to hand over keys, then the house is entirely yours! I will respect your privacy 100% but I can supply extensive recommendations for a variety of activities in the Dublin area and around the country should you need them. Call me for other on-the-spot recommendations and I will normally answer or reply within an hour.
See my guidebook and map at the bottom of the listing for a sample of my recommendations.
Other things to note
Mi casa es su casa! Please make yourself at home!
• It is advisable to book one night before your arrival if you require an early morning check-in to ensure early access.
• The south inner city is the true city centre where all the best shopping, cultural activity and nightlife is. Visitors are often disappointed when they stay in the north inner city and discover the O'Connell street area is NOT the the main focus of Dublin urban activity and has very little street life at night.
• See my guide book/map for a sample of my recommendations.
• Why not stay longer and use the house as a base for your complete Irish visit? Ireland is small and I can recommend several day trips from Dublin all around the country.
• Parking permits are available from me for street parking in front of the house at a cost of €1.25 per day. Make sure not to leave anything on view inside your car.
• Please make sure to lock the front door when going out.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 32 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
A native Dub, fine-art graduate, working in the areas of music and design. I've been transforming my city centre, terraced house and garden for more than fifteen years, creating a comfortable, relaxed style that mixes mid-century design with contemporary and Georgian features. I love city traveling most. I cycle and walk to explore new places. I also enjoy architecture, design, music, art, film, nightlife + people and stories. I collect records, old and new. I would love to collect art & furniture. I shop more than I can afford to.
“I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine.” – Caskie Stinnett, travel writer