About this listing
Cool, calm, city centre home in popular, central Camden/Portobello. Sleeps 6 people comfortably, 4/5 in the bedrooms, 7 with mattress. Also perfect for 1 or a couple. Open fireplace. Large deck out back. Wide range of citywide recommendations given.
This is a comfortable, spacious and very funky, late Georgian house with most original features and an updated large bathroom and back garden.
Sleeping space: 2 bedrooms with a total of 2 double beds + 1 single bed and a good sized living room that sleeps 1 or a couple.
The kitchen is the social hub of the house.
Overall, there's plenty of space for 6 people.
This is a 2 story house with steps up to the hall door.
You will have sole access to the house including bedrooms, bathroom, toilet, kitchen, living room and back garden.
The house is 5-15mins walking distance from all the main shopping areas, best restaurants and most museums. I work in the hospitality and entertainment industry and have a good insight into some of Dublin's best kept secrets.
Interaction with Guests
I will meet you on arrival to hand over keys, then the house is entirely yours! I will respect your privacy 100% but I can supply extensive recommendations for a variety of activities in the Dublin area and around the country should you need them. Call me for other on-the-spot recommendations and I will normally answer or reply within an hour.
See my guidebook and map at the bottom of the listing for a sample of my recommendations.
The house is situated at the edge of the bohemian Camden Street, Wexford Street and Portobello area but is also considered as 'South Inner City' where most of the Dublin nightlife is. Synge Street is less than 10 minutes walking distance from Dublin's main shopping and restaurant district surrounding Grafton Street.
Although only one block from the main street, Synge Street is surprisingly tranquil day and night.
Our neighbourhood is very central but offers a vibrant alternative to the regular Dublin tourist traps even though Temple Bar is a mere 15 minute walk away.
Dublin is a walking city and this house is very centrally located, but we are also 3 minutes away from bus stops bringing you directly to the airport and other city areas. The Luas light rail service is also nearby and 'Dublinbikes' are available to rent right around the corner 24/7.
Taxis are plentiful and Dublin uses the 'HAILO' app which you can download to your phone for free.
Other Things to Note
Mi casa es su casa! Please make yourself at home!
• The south inner city is the true city centre where all the best shopping, cultural activity and nightlife is. Visitors are often disappointed when they stay in the north inner city and discover the O'Connell street area is NOT the the focus of Dublin urban activity and has very little street life at night.
• See my guide book at the top righthand corner of the listing for a sample of my recommendations.
• Why not stay longer and use the house as a base for your complete Irish visit? Ireland is small and I can recommend several day trips from Dublin all around the country.
• Parking permits are available from me for street parking in front of the house at a cost of €1.25 per day. Make sure not to leave anything on view inside your car.
• Please make sure to lock the front door when going out.