About this listing
Stay in a large townhouse with ample living room space in a residential suburb east of the city, 20 minutes to the airport, yet speedily connected via Kembangan mrt which is only a three-minute walk away. The beach is just 2 km south of here.
Private, ensuite bathroom. No door connecting the bedroom to the bathroom, but ladder towel rack doubles up as modesty screen
Three things guests like about my home:
1. it's decorated with love
2. proximity to an mrt station
Two things guests don't like about my home:
1. you need to carry your own luggage up the stairs
2. there is no swimming pool
hosted stay - I live in the house too
three minutes' walk to Kembangan mrt (EW6)
located in an eastern residential suburb of Singapore, in a house, not an apartment - there is no lift
private bedroom, 8 sq m - SMALL room
situated on the ground floor
one queen-sized bed
backlit makeup mirror
Ipad/Iphone docking device
phone with intercom
small tv with cable channels
attached private bathroom (3.75 sq m) without a door.
Ladder towel rack doubles up as modesty screen
toilet with bidet
towels (bath, hand, face)
roof-top home gym
12 minutes by mrt to City Hall station
16 minutes by mrt to Orchard station
maximum 2 people (definition of 'people' here includes all bodies - babies, young children, teenagers, adults)
check-in/check-out, noon, but am flexible as long as no other booking - this means as early as 8am for check-in and as late as 9pm for check-out - subject to availability and cannot be confirmed until a day before your arrival
access to and no extra charge for:
Osim massage chair
Osim foot massage
strictly no smoking indoors
switch off air conditioner, lights, water heater, and fan when you leave your room
no visitors without prior permission
As you can see from the map, we are located three minutes by foot (291 m) from Kembangan mrt (EW6) which is very convenient if you are zipping around Singapore. You could take the mrt from Changi Airport and be at our house within 35 minutes - and that's includes the walk from the train station to the house. By taxi from the airport, it would take 15 minutes. And to Orchard Road from the mrt nearest the house, that's about 18 minutes including one change - this is faster than a cab, particularly during peak hours when it can be hard to find one.
There is wi-fi connectivity throughout the house.
Breakfast is included in the price.
Bed configuration is as follows:
Bedroom named 'Red Palm' (8 sq m, ground floor) - one double bed, no ensuite bathroom (maximum 2 people); size of bed 1.9 x 1.55m with private, ensuite bathroom with shower cubicle.
In case you missed it - I repeat again that Red Palm is a small room with a queen sized bed. As such, there is not much space between the wall and the bed on three sides. I have added two trolleys as bedside tables and a vertical pole that has hooks and hangers for your clothes. There may not be enough space for all your luggage especially if you are two people and not travelling light. I suggest you leave your luggage in the storeroom which is also on the ground floor, some ten feet away, and take out things you need.
It is air-conditioned and has a ceiling fan, and free wifi.
Children, aged ten and below, who are sharing the room with paying adults, are free.
There is a landline phone with intercom to all rooms and a safe. There is also a hairdryer and IPad/IPhone/IPod docking device which comes with radio and alarm, and an IPad.
More about the house - this is a hosted stay - I live in the house. Landed semi-detached corner house with small but pretty garden, koi pond and artfully decorated rooms. You will have access to ground floor living and dining rooms, as well as the kitchen, should you want to cook. If cooking, please do the washing-up. Please help yourself to what condiments we have. I need to add that neither my helper nor I have to be around when you cook. We'll show you where the pots and pans are, but we are not your assistants.
There is a washing machine, but no dryer at the backyard. Laundry is on a do-it-yourself basis. There are pull down poles under cover so drying is not a problem.
Nearby there are two basketball courts open to the public, a 420-metre walking/jogging track, and two playgrounds.
Should you prefer to exercise outdoors, we are 35 minutes by foot from the South China Sea. Just follow the park connector southwards and get a feel of residential Singapore along the way. When there, the East Coast Park provides ample opportunity for food, cycling (you can rent bikes there), camping (you need a permit), swimming, etc.
PLEASE READ THIS IF INTERESTED IN BOOKING:
1. My rates are non-negotiable.
2. As I am sharing my home with you, I would like to know briefly more about the purpose of your visit, who is in your party (the relationship), and you need to upload a headshot photo in your Airbnb profile. I need to see clearly what you look like. If you book without sending a suitable photo, I will still ask for one before I accept, and if I don't get a reply within an hour, will decline your booking.
3. The person enquiring should also be needing accommodation.
4. If you are arriving by plane, you need to give me your flight number. And if transferring from somewhere else, you need to check in by 9pm. You need to communicate with me on your checking in time. If you don't there may not be anyone in, or I may be asleep.
5. The purpose of your stay with me should only be for genuine overnight accommodation. I am not interested in hosting for personal or business events, staycations and photo shoots.
6. My daily rate is based on the profile of the tourist or business traveller. Out after breakfast and back in the evening - early or late. If you intend to be in your room the whole day, you must let me know at the time you make your booking, as there will be a surcharge for extended use of air conditioning.
7. Check in/out time 12 noon. Please realise that I cannot commit to early check-in/late check-out at the time you make your booking. If you need a guaranteed early check-in or late check-out I suggest you book an extra day pre or post the core period. Should you have to vacate your room by 12 noon, you can leave your luggage in my storeroom until you need to go to the airport. There is also a small spare bathroom you could use to freshen up.
8. I sometimes get asked if house previews are available before you book - the answer would be no. The photos you see of the house and rooms are accurate; if they weren't there would be some mention about this in guests' reviews. At present, I am only entertaining short-term accommodation and, as such, I feel previews are unnecessary. Should you have a specific question in mind about the room, however, I would be very happy to answer via email.
9. I have indoor cats who mind their own business and will not approach you except for one very friendly cat. So if you are very allergic or scared of cats, perhaps this is not the place for you.
10. House rules
strictly no smoking indoors
switch off air conditioner, lights, fan, and water heater when you leave the room
no visitors without prior permission - I might add that I don't expect your visitor to stay longer than half an hour and they are to be entertained in the living room.
1) no smoking indoors
2) switch off all utilities when you go out
3) no outside visitors without prior permission
Not only a very good host but also a good friend . Love her smile and kindly advise how to enjoy the trip in Singapore .
For me ，Bianca's house is really a dream (website hidden)'s beautiful，clean and comfortable.I have never lived in such a good place.The traffic is very convenient that we can take the mrt to go any place want to (website hidden) is particularly worth mentioning here that Bianca is very nice.She cooks for us every morning，and she gives us some important suggestions so that we can save much time .I think choose to live in Bianca's home is our wise decision that makes our travel more happy！
A wonderful experience living in Bianca's house. Location is good, 20 mins away from the airport by MRT, also very convenient and easy to find.
The room is clean and comfortable,just as the picture looks like or even more amazing. We like the house! Every corner and detail will suprize you.
Bianca is nice, prepared the breakfast for every guest in the morning. Talk with her at the breakfast time is also a interesting experience. Really a plus to our trip! Don't be hesitate to stay at Bianca's house when you visiting SG~
Very good experience for our first airbnb living
My sister and I both had a great time with the host, Bianca and other guest.
The breakfast that Bianca gave us were very delicious and local.
One of the breakfast is Bianca took us nearby to eat Laksa.
What a wonderful experience.
And the house and the room were just look like the photo on the website.
It's very beautiful and very sweet.
Before our trip, Bianca reminds us the detail very clearly.
During the trip, Bianca gave us lots of helpful advice.
If I had a chance to visiting Singapore again, I won't miss this beautiful place.
We are really happy to stay here, what a cozy and beautiful place, and We love the cute cat "tiger", Bianca is a lovely host, if we come back to Singapore, it's our fist choice!
Bianca's house is clean, spacious, and full of love. We had a great time here. Her breakfast is delicious, and we enjoy talking with her very much. The house is very near to the MRT. Everything is good here. We will definitely stay here when we visit Singapore again.
This host has 291 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Bianca
I like the idea of hosting - providing a safe haven for travellers has always appealed to me. And the income I get from it can go back to the house by way of repairs and renovations.
Also, you learn a lot from travellers all over the world and make lots of friends. I encourage everyone to be a host because getting to know people must be one of the best jobs in the world!
Since the beginning of this year (2015) I have been an active lobbyist for the legalisation of Airbnb in Singapore. You can check what I've been doing on my website.
I often get asked where I'm from. I am Singaporean - born here in this multi-racial, multi-religious country. I am of Eurasian ancestry, in my fifties, now retired (used to be in retail). Eurasians in Singapore are usually descendants from long-ago colonisers. Primarily in this region that would be the Portugese and Dutch who have intermarried with the locals.