About This Listing
Stay in a large townhouse with ample living room space in a residential suburb east of the city, 20 minutes to the airport, yet speedily connected via Kembangan mrt which is only a three-minute walk away. The beach is just 2 km south of here.
Three things guests like about my home:
1. it's decorated with love
2. proximity to an mrt station
Two things guests don't like about my home:
1. you need to carry your own luggage up the stairs
2. there is no swimming pool
hosted stay - I live in the house too
three minutes' walk to Kembangan mrt (EW6)
located in an eastern residential suburb of Singapore, in a house, not an apartment - there is no lift
private bedroom, 8 sq m - SMALL room
situated on the ground floor
one queen-sized bed
backlit makeup mirror
Ipad/Iphone docking device
phone with intercom
small tv with cable channels
attached private bathroom (3.75 sq m) without a door.
Ladder towel rack doubles up as modesty screen
toilet with bidet
towels (bath, hand, face)
roof-top home gym
12 minutes by mrt to City Hall station
16 minutes by mrt to Orchard station
maximum 2 people (definition of 'people' here includes all bodies - babies, young children, teenagers, adults)
check-in/check-out, noon, but am flexible as long as no other booking - this means as early as 8am for check-in and as late as 9pm for check-out - subject to availability and cannot be confirmed until a day before your arrival
access to and no extra charge for:
Osim massage chair
Osim foot massage
strictly no smoking indoors
switch off air conditioner, lights, water heater, and fan when you leave your room
no visitors without prior permission
As you can see from the map, we are located three minutes by foot (291 m) from Kembangan mrt (EW6) which is very convenient if you are zipping around Singapore. You could take the mrt from Changi Airport and be at our house within 35 minutes - and that's includes the walk from the train station to the house. By taxi from the airport, it would take 15 minutes. And to Orchard Road from the mrt nearest the house, that's about 18 minutes including one change - this is faster than a cab, particularly during peak hours when it can be hard to find one.
There is wi-fi connectivity throughout the house.
Breakfast is included in the price.
Bed configuration is as follows:
Bedroom named 'Red Palm' (8 sq m, ground floor) - one double bed, no ensuite bathroom (maximum 2 people); size of bed 1.9 x 1.55m with private, ensuite bathroom with shower cubicle.
In case you missed it - I repeat again that Red Palm is a small room with a queen sized bed. As such, there is not much space between the wall and the bed on three sides. I have added two trolleys as bedside tables and a vertical pole that has hooks and hangers for your clothes. There may not be enough space for all your luggage especially if you are two people and not travelling light. I suggest you leave your luggage in the storeroom which is also on the ground floor, some ten feet away, and take out things you need.
It is air-conditioned and has a ceiling fan, and free wifi.
Children, aged ten and below, who are sharing the room with paying adults, are free.
There is a landline phone with intercom to all rooms and a safe. There is also a hairdryer and IPad/IPhone/IPod docking device which comes with radio and alarm, and an IPad.
More about the house - this is a hosted stay - I live in the house. Landed semi-detached corner house with small but pretty garden, koi pond and artfully decorated rooms. You will have access to ground floor living and dining rooms, as well as the kitchen, should you want to cook. If cooking, please do the washing-up. Please help yourself to what condiments we have. I need to add that neither my helper nor I have to be around when you cook. We'll show you where the pots and pans are, but we are not your assistants.
There is a washing machine, but no dryer at the backyard. Laundry is on a do-it-yourself basis. There are pull down poles under cover so drying is not a problem.
Nearby there are two basketball courts open to the public, a 420-metre walking/jogging track, and two playgrounds.
Should you prefer to exercise outdoors, we are 35 minutes by foot from the South China Sea. Just follow the park connector southwards and get a feel of residential Singapore along the way. When there, the East Coast Park provides ample opportunity for food, cycling (you can rent bikes there), camping (you need a permit), swimming, etc.
Most photos in this listing by Silk and Salt Images Pte Ltd
PLEASE READ THIS IF INTERESTED IN BOOKING:
1. My rates are non-negotiable.
2. As I am sharing my home with you, I would like to know briefly more about the purpose of your visit, who is in your party (the relationship), and you need to upload a headshot photo in your Airbnb profile. I need to see clearly what you look like. If you book without sending a suitable photo, I will still ask for one before I accept, and if I don't get a reply within an hour, will decline your booking.
3. The person enquiring should also be needing accommodation.
4. The purpose of your stay with me should only be for genuine overnight accommodation. I am not interested in hosting for personal or business events, staycations and photo shoots.
5. My daily rate is based on the profile of the tourist or business traveller. Out after breakfast and back in the evening - early or late. If you intend to be in your room the whole day, you must let me know at the time you make your booking, as there will be a surcharge for extended use of air conditioning.
6. Check in/out time 12 noon. Please realise that I cannot commit to early check-in/late check-out at the time you make your booking. If you need a guaranteed early check-in or late check-out I suggest you book an extra day pre or post the core period. Should you have to vacate your room by 12 noon, you can leave your luggage in my storeroom until you need to go to the airport. There is also a small spare bathroom you could use to freshen up.
7. I sometimes get asked if house previews are available before you book - the answer would be no. The photos you see of the house and rooms are accurate; if they weren't there would be some mention about this in guests' reviews. At present, I am only entertaining short-term accommodation and, as such, I feel previews are unnecessary. Should you have a specific question in mind about the room, however, I would be very happy to answer via email.
8. I have indoor cats who mind their own business and will not approach you except for one very friendly cat. So if you are very allergic or scared of cats, perhaps this is not the place for you.
9. House rules
strictly no smoking indoors
switch off air conditioner, lights, fan, and water heater when you leave the room
no visitors without prior permission - I might add that I don't expect your visitor to stay longer than half an hour and they are to be entertained in the living room.
1) no smoking indoors
2) switch off all utilities when you go out
3) no outside visitors without prior permission
Thanks to clever photography this room seems bigger than it actually is! Door on the right leads to your own private, ensuite bathroom.
Bianca certainly took my airbnb experience to an extraordinary level! I was in Singapore for business, so I didn't really expect too much, but Bianca is super helpful to guide me how to get to her place, how to make myself more comfortable, and what to do in Singapore. More than that, she shared so much interesting insights of Singapore with me during our breakfast chat, I just wished I don't need to rush to business meetings so I can have more time chatting with her. Bianca is for sure a fantastic airbnb host.
The "Red Palm" is not a big room yet incredibly well-equipped. It has everything you need, and large enough for a one-person or a couple. Most importantly, the room looks exactly like what you see on the photos. It's super clean, neat, beautiful, and the bed is really comfortable. Outside the room, the whole house is an art! Bianca actually decorated everything and the house has such a rich cultural vibes, which I appreciate a lot. I'll certainly recommend everyone to try it, and I'll stay in Bianca's next time I visit Singapore.
Bianca's house is a very nice place to stay with interesting decorations. Every morning she will prepare breakfast for me and my boyfriend and we always have a nice long chat with her. We can always see people jogging and playing at the surrounding area. Bianca's house has made us felt like home in Singapore.
非常享受在Breezy East 的两天，Bianca好极了，热情，细心，耐心，让我们很快的融入了新加坡。Bianca提供了非常完备的生活和旅行用品，房间干净又很温馨。Breezy East距离樟宜机场和Tanah Merah 码头都很近，从Kembangan MRT步行6，7分钟就能到达Breezy East。非常喜欢Breezy East的庭院布局和陈设，棒极了。还有早餐也是不得不提的，好吃极了，而且我们早上起的比较晚，Bianca总会耐心的等我们起来然后为我们准备早餐，并在餐桌上为我们提供一些旅行上的意见。再次感谢Bianca和Breezy East为我们新加坡旅程提供了一个美好的开始。还有小猫们也很可爱 哈哈。
这是我们第一次来到新加坡，第一次使用airbnb。我们非常荣幸能订到Bianca的breezy east。Bianca是一位非常友善的房东，她亲切教会我们如何使用的更好地使用我们的房间和安全的进出房子，也带我们认识同住的来自各地的友人。breezy east装饰得很有味道，也很干净，还有几只可爱的猫咪，冰箱里有冰水可以随时饮用。房间配套了足够的小用品，雨伞，充电头，吹风机，毛巾，浴袍等等，非常贴心，只需要带拖鞋即可拎包入住。房子的位置离ew6地铁口非常近，走路只要五分钟，地铁口有药店，cheer超市，atm和运动场，门口不远有家bird印度菜饭店，能方便打的，住在这里出行和一切都非常方便。下次再来还会再住这里。感谢Bianca的招待。
It has been a pleasure to spend 2 nights at Bianca's beautiful house. The house is located in a very pleasant neighborhood and few minutes walking from a metro station. Bianca gave us good advices to make our trip to Singapore even more enjoyable. Great breakfast too.
Bianca really shows the spirit of Airbnb that staying with here enriched my understanding and love of Singapore. It was always nice to talk with her over breakfast.
Her house is fabulous with elegant decorations and it is quite near the subway.
My boyfriend and me enjoyed staying with Bianca so much that we will definitely visit her again in the near future. :)
One of the best experience staying at Bianca's place. Bianca welcomed me with warmth and kindness. She spoiled me with her delicious breakfast :), and her witty conversation made me feel like I was at home. Not to mention, the house is very inspiring! Beautifully decorated and gives you a lot of ideas what you wanna do with your house back home! Highly recommended.
This host has 264 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Bianca
I often get asked where I'm from. I am Singaporean - born here in this multi-racial, multi-religious country. I am of Eurasian ancestry, in my late fifties, now retired (used to be in retail). Eurasians in Singapore are usually descendants from long-ago colonisers. Primarily in this region that would be the Portugese and Dutch who have intermarried with the locals.
I like the idea of hosting - providing a safe haven for travellers has always appealed to me. And the income I get from it can go back to the house by way of repairs and renovations.
Also, you learn a lot from travellers all over the world and make lots of friends. I encourage everyone to be a host because getting to know people must be one of the best jobs in the world!
Since the beginning of this year (2015) I have been an active lobbyist for the legalization of Airbnb in Singapore. You can check what I've been doing on my website.