Stay in a large townhouse with ample living room space in a residential suburb east of the city, 20 minutes to the airport, yet speedily connected via Kembangan mrt which is only a three-minute walk away. The beach is just 2 km south of here.
hosted stay - I live in the house too
three minutes' walk to Kembangan mrt (EW6)
located in an eastern residential suburb of Singapore, in a house, not an apartment - there is no lift
private bedroom, 8 sq m - SMALL room
situated on the ground floor
one queen-sized bed
backlit makeup mirror
Ipad/Iphone docking device
phone with intercom
small tv with cable channels
attached private bathroom (3.75 sq m) without a door.
Ladder towel rack doubles up as modesty screen
toilet with bidet
towels (bath, hand, face)
roof-top home gym
12 minutes by mrt to City Hall station
16 minutes by mrt to Orchard station
maximum 2 people (definition of 'people' here includes all bodies - babies, young children, teenagers, adults)
check-in/check-out, noon, but am flexible as long as no other booking - this means as early as 8am for check-in and as late as 9pm for check-out - subject to availability and cannot be confirmed until a day before your arrival
access to and no extra charge for:
Osim massage chair
Osim foot massage
strictly no smoking indoors
switch off air conditioner, lights, water heater, and fan when you leave your room
no visitors without prior permission
As you can see from the map, we are located three minutes by foot (291 m) from Kembangan mrt (EW6) which is very convenient if you are zipping around Singapore. You could take the mrt from Changi Airport and be at our house within 35 minutes - and that's includes the walk from the train station to the house. By taxi from the airport, it would take 15 minutes. And to Orchard Road from the mrt nearest the house, that's about 18 minutes including one change - this is faster than a cab, particularly during peak hours when it can be hard to find one.
There is wi-fi connectivity throughout the house.
Breakfast is included in the price.
Bed configuration is as follows:
Bedroom named 'Red Palm' (8 sq m, ground floor) - one double bed, no ensuite bathroom (maximum 2 people); size of bed 1.9 x 1.55m with private, ensuite bathroom with shower cubicle.
In case you missed it - I repeat again that Red Palm is a small room with a queen sized bed. As such, there is not much space between the wall and the bed on three sides. I have added two trolleys as bedside tables and a vertical pole that has hooks and hangers for your clothes. There may not be enough space for all your luggage especially if you are two people and not travelling light. I suggest you leave your luggage in the storeroom which is also on the ground floor, some ten feet away, and take out things you need.
It is air-conditioned and has a ceiling fan, and free wifi.
Children, aged ten and below, who are sharing the room with paying adults, are free.
There is a landline phone with intercom to all rooms and a safe. There is also a hairdryer and IPad/IPhone/IPod docking device which comes with radio and alarm, and an IPad.
More about the house - this is a hosted stay - I live in the house. Landed semi-detached corner house with small but pretty garden, koi pond and artfully decorated rooms. You will have access to ground floor living and dining rooms, as well as the kitchen, should you want to cook. If cooking, please do the washing-up. Please help yourself to what condiments we have. I need to add that neither my helper nor I have to be around when you cook. We'll show you where the pots and pans are, but we are not your assistants.
There is a washing machine, but no dryer at the backyard. Laundry is on a do-it-yourself basis. There are pull down poles under cover so drying is not a problem.
Nearby there are two basketball courts open to the public, a 420-metre walking/jogging track, and two playgrounds.
Should you prefer to exercise outdoors, we are 35 minutes by foot from the South China Sea. Just follow the park connector southwards and get a feel of residential Singapore along the way. When there, the East Coast Park provides ample opportunity for food, cycling (you can rent bikes there), camping (you need a permit), swimming, etc.
Most photos in this listing by Silk and Salt Images Pte Ltd
PLEASE READ THIS IF INTERESTED IN BOOKING:
1. My rates are non-negotiable.
2. As I am sharing my home with you, I would like to know briefly more about the purpose of your visit, who is in your party (the relationship), and you need to upload a headshot photo in your Airbnb profile. I need to see clearly what you look like. If you book without sending a suitable photo, I will still ask for one before I accept.
3. The person enquiring should also be needing accommodation.
4. The purpose of your stay with me should only be for genuine overnight accommodation. I am not interested in hosting for personal or business events, and photo shoots.
5. My daily rate is based on the profile of the tourist or business traveller. Out after breakfast and back in the evening - early or late. If you intend to be in your room the whole day, you must let me know at the time you make your booking, as there will be a surcharge for extended use of air conditioning.
6. Check in/out time 12 noon. Please realise that I cannot commit to early check-in/late check-out at the time you make your booking. If you need a guaranteed early check-in or late check-out I suggest you book an extra day pre or post the core period. Should you have to vacate your room by 12 noon, you can leave your luggage in my storeroom until you need to go to the airport. There is also a small spare bathroom you could use to freshen up.
7. I sometimes get asked if house previews are available before you book - the answer would be no. The photos you see of the house and rooms are accurate; if they weren't there would be some mention about this in guests' reviews. At present, I am only entertaining short-term accommodation and, as such, I feel previews are unnecessary. Should you have a specific question in mind about the room, however, I would be very happy to answer via email.
8. I have indoor cats who mind their own business and will not approach you except for one very friendly cat. So if you are very allergic or scared of cats, perhaps this is not the place for you.
9. House rules
strictly no smoking indoors
switch off air conditioner, lights, fan, and water heater when you leave the room
no visitors without prior permission - I might add that I don't expect your visitor to stay longer than half an hour and they are to be entertained in the living room.
1) no smoking indoors
2) switch off all utilities when you go out
3) no outside visitors without prior permission
Bianca is the perfect host for our first airbnb expirience. Staying in Bianca's house is definitely my best choice in the Singapore trip!!The house is very clean, comfortable, and convenient ,like at home.We had a wonderful stay at The Breezy East.Everything is very wonderful and Bianca prepared lots of things for us. She gave us a lot of intresting information about singapore and we enjoyed the chats with her at the breakfast’s time. And the house is just 3 minutes to MRT station. We surely will come back to stay here if we visit Singapore again.very recommended!!
It's so sweet to stay with Bianca, the room is what exactly showed in the picture, and the delicious breakfast is prepared for u. MRT card also offered for us and the house is just 3 minutes to MRT station. Everything there is wonderful ,I'll come and
stay in the future if I have the chance.
급하게 결정된 여행에 대충 가지고 떠난 일정이었지만 숙소는 잘 결정한거 같습니다. 우선 지하철역에서 걸어서 5분 거리에 있어서 편리하게 대중교통을 이용할수 있습니다. 그리고 현지 태생인 집주인의 친절한 가이드도 많은 도움이 되었습니다. 특히 저희처럼 급하게 여행계획을 잡았거나 여행지를 추천받고 싶으시면 집주인께 도움을 요청하세요. 후회하지 않습니다. 그리고 블로그만 보고 관광지를 찾아가신다면 의견을 여쭤보세요. 많은 도움을 받으실수 있습니다. 저희가 묵었던 방은 화장실문이 없고 가림막으로 되어있어서 그게 조금 아쉬었지만, 나머지는 아주 만족입니다. 싱가폴 여행을 위한 최선의 선택 중 하나일거라 생각 됩니다.
Bianca is a fantastic host. She warmly welcomed us into her beautifully decorated, well appointed and clean house, and provided us with excellent conversation, insight, advice and breakfast! We'd not hesitate to recommend Bianca as a host, or to welcome her into our house in Denmark!
숙소는 싱가폴 동쪽 지역에 MRT 에서 걸어서 3분 거리에 위치하고 있었습니다. 아침 6시 비행기로 공항에 도착하였고, 아침 7시 쯤 Bianca 집에 도착하였습니다. 너무나 반갑게 맞이해 주셔서 참 기분 좋았습니다! 너무 이른 시간이라 아직 체크인 할 수는 없었지만 (당일 체크아웃 하시는 분이 계셨습니다) , Bianca 는 짐 보관, 아침식사, 샤워를 할 수 있도록 배려해주셨습니다.
This host has 242 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I often get asked where I'm from. I am Singaporean - born here and am of Eurasian ancestry, in my late fifties, now retired (used to be in retail). Eurasians in Singapore are usually descendants from long-ago colonisers. Primarily in this region that would be the Portugese and Dutch who have intermarried with the locals.
I like the idea of hosting - providing a safe haven for travellers has always appealed to me. And the income I get from it can go back to the house by way of repairs and renovations.
Also, you learn a lot from travellers all over the world and make lots of friends. I encourage everyone to be a host because getting to know people must be one of the best jobs in the world!
Since the beginning of this year (2015) I have been an active lobbyist for the legalization of Airbnb in Singapore. You can check what I've been doing on my website.