Stay in a large townhouse with ample living room space in a residential suburb east of the city, 20 minutes to the airport, yet speedily connected via Kembangan mrt which is only a three-minute walk away. The beach is just 2 km south of here.
It has two queen-sized beds,a new double sofa/bed and an optional Airweave futon floor mattress.
hosted stay - I live in the house too
three minutes' walk to Kembangan mrt (EW6)
located in an eastern residential suburb of Singapore, in a house, not an apartment - there is no lift
a private bedroom, 21 sq m (does not include bathroom area of nearly 4.5 sq m, so total size 25 sq m) situated on the third floor (after two flights of stairs)
blinds and curtains - together full black out
Two queen-sized beds
one double sofa/bed
one single Airweave futon floor mattress (optional)
bedroom ceiling fan
attached private bathroom, 4.35 sq metres with bathroom ceiling fan
Hansgrohe rain shower
toilet with bidet
led makeup mirror
tv with cable channels
Ipad/Iphone docking device
phone with intercom
towels (bath, hand, face)
roof-top home gym
12 minutes by mrt to City Hall mrt
16 minutes by mrt to Orchard mrt
maximum occupancy 6 people (definition of 'people' here includes all bodies - babies, young children, adults)
children sharing the room who are ten years of age or younger at time of staying are free
check-in/check-out, noon, but am flexible as long as no other booking - this means as early as 8am for check-in and as late as 9pm for check-out - subject to availability and cannot be confirmed until a day before your arrival
access to and no extra charge for:
roof-top home gym
Osim massage chair
Osim foot massage
strictly no smoking indoors
switch off air conditioner, lights, and fan when you leave your room
no visitors without prior permission
As you can see from the map, we are located three minutes by foot (291 m) from Kembangan mrt (EW6) which is very convenient if you are zipping around Singapore. You could take the mrt from Changi Airport and be at our house within 35 minutes - and that's includes the walk from the train station to the house. By taxi from the airport would be about 15 minutes. And to Orchard Road, that's about 18 minutes from the nearest mrt station including one change - this is faster than a cab, particularly during peak hours when it can be hard to find one.
Breakfast is included.
Bedroom configuration is as follows:
Bedroom named 'Plumeria' (area, 21 sq m, second floor) - one double bed (size 2 x 1.45 m), and another double bed (size 1.9 x 1.5 m), one double sofa/bed and one Airweave futon floor mattress. Maximum: 7.
I must add that if you are six or seven in the room all with large suitcases, there will not be space to accommodate all your luggage. If you are a large group in the room, try travelling light.
It is air-conditioned and has a ceiling fan. There is free wifi connection throughout the house.
Children, aged ten and below, who are sharing the room with paying adults, are free.
In the bedroom there will be an electric kettle, instant coffee/tea sachets, a landline phone with intercom to all rooms and a safe. There is also a hairdryer and IPad/IPhone/IPod docking device which comes with radio and alarm, and an IPad.
There is an ensuite and recently-renovated bathroom attached to this room which is yours exclusively during your stay. It is medium-sized - 4.35 sq metres, equipped with Hansgrohe rain and hand-held shower.
Please note that you get access to only the ensuite bathroom that comes with the room you booked. You should consider this carefully if you are going to be five or six people sharing one room. I do not allow access to other rooms' bathrooms, even if they are not occupied.
More about the house - this is a hosted stay - I live in the house. Landed corner semi-detached house with small but pretty garden, koi pond and artfully decorated rooms. You will have access to ground floor living and dining rooms, as well as the kitchen, should you want to cook. If cooking, please do the washing-up. Please help yourself to what condiments we have.
There is a washing machine, but no dryer at the backyard. Laundry is on a do-it-yourself basis. There are pull down poles under cover so drying is not a problem.
Within a minute's walk you have access to two basketball courts, two playgrounds, as well as a 420-metre jogging/walking track, all open to the public.
We are 35 minutes by foot from the South China Sea. Just follow the park connector southwards and get a feel of residential Singapore along the way. When there, the East Coast Park provides ample opportunity for food, cycling (you can rent bikes there), camping (you need a permit), swimming, etc.
PLEASE READ THIS IF INTERESTED IN BOOKING:
1. My rates are non-negotiable.
2. As I am sharing my home with you, I would like to know briefly more about the purpose of your visit, who is in your party (family, partner, friend, colleague), and you need to upload a headshot photo in your Airbnb profile. I need to see clearly what you look like. If you book without sending a suitable photo, I will still ask for one before I accept.
3. The person enquiring should also be needing accommodation.
4. The purpose of your stay with me should only be for genuine overnight accommodation. I am not interested in hosting for personal or business events, staycations and photo/film shoots.
5. My daily rate is based on the profile of the tourist or business traveller. Out after breakfast and back in the evening - early or late. If you intend to be in your room the whole day, you must let me know at the time you make your booking, as there will be a surcharge for extended use of air conditioning.
6. Check in/out time 12 noon. Please realise that I cannot commit to early check-in/late check-out at the time you make your booking. If you need a guaranteed early check-in or late check-out I suggest you book an extra day pre or post the core period. Should you have to vacate your room by 12 noon, you can leave your luggage in my storeroom until you need to go to the airport. There is also a small spare bathroom you could use to freshen up.
7. I sometimes get asked if house previews are available before you book - the answer would be no. The photos you see of the house and rooms are accurate; if they weren't there would be some mention about this in guests' reviews. At present, I am only entertaining short-term accommodation and, as such, I feel previews are unnecessary. Should you have a specific question in mind about the room, however, I would be very happy to answer via email.
8. I have indoor cats who mind their own business and will not approach you except for one very friendly cat. So if you are very allergic or scared of cats, perhaps this is not the place for you.
9. house rules:
strictly no smoking indoors
switch off air conditioner, lights, fan, and water heater when you leave the room
no visitors without prior permission - I might add that I don't expect your visitor to stay longer than half an hour and they are to be entertained in the living room.
1) no smoking indoors
2) switch off all utilities when you go out
3) no outside visitors without prior permission
Bianca's house is super nice, me and my parents really love the experience during her hosting.
It's only 3mins walk from Kembangan MRT to the house. 20mins MRT to changi airport; 45mins walk down strict to east coast park.
My parents got a lot of inspiration from the house decoration, creative and have taste.
Really a good place for a family stay.
Bianca was a fantastic host, very professional and looked after us exceptionally well. The house is beautifully presented and the room was as described on the listing. Breakfasts were amazing and Bianca catered to our tastes. Even when we had to leave early one morning, Bianca was able to provide a takeaway breakfast for us which was great. The location is brilliant with close proximity to the MRT and easy access to Changi Airport. Perfect place to stay when in Singapore!
Overall is Good. Binaca is very nice and helpful that she gave us some advise. We learnt how to visit Singapore by bus instead of MRT. The house and the room are very nice. The Breakfast was so special that we didn't have it in the morning. My family all enjoy there especially my mom love the Message machine very much. It's also easy to go there by MRT even at the night (website hidden)'s good to stay there and you can have a relax trip at all.
Always a pleasure staying at Bianca's wonderful home. Rooms are clean and spacious for us. The house is just a few minutes walk from the train station. Very convenient.
Strongly Recommend. We stay for four days with our son at 2 during the Spring Festival. Bianca gave us very useful tips and suggestions, which made our journey perfect. Breakfast was excellent; the house is lovely，we feel like at home.
Et hyggelig opphold i et moderne hus med spennende arkitektur og interiør, ikke så langt fra flyplassen. Vi ble tatt varmt imot, nesten som gamle venner. Og Bianca kom stadig med gode råd for hvordan vi kunne få mest mulig ut av ferien. Oppholdet ble rett og slett enda bedre enn forventet, og vi håper å komme tilbake en dag.
This host has 250 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I often get asked where I'm from. I am Singaporean - born here in this multi-racial, multi-religious country. I am of Eurasian ancestry, in my late fifties, now retired (used to be in retail). Eurasians in Singapore are usually descendants from long-ago colonisers. Primarily in this region that would be the Portugese and Dutch who have intermarried with the locals.
I like the idea of hosting - providing a safe haven for travellers has always appealed to me. And the income I get from it can go back to the house by way of repairs and renovations.
Also, you learn a lot from travellers all over the world and make lots of friends. I encourage everyone to be a host because getting to know people must be one of the best jobs in the world!
Since the beginning of this year (2015) I have been an active lobbyist for the legalization of Airbnb in Singapore. You can check what I've been doing on my website.