About this listing
Stay in a large townhouse with ample living room space in a residential suburb east of the city, 20 minutes to Changi Airport and Expo mrt stations, yet speedily connected via Kembangan mrt which is only a three-minute walk away from my house.
This room can accommodate five guests maximum - two on the bed, and two on the sofa/bed, which is comfortable and sturdy, and one on an Airweave futon floor mattress (not pictured here).
Three things guests like about my home:
1. it's decorated with love
2. proximity to an mrt station
Two things guests don't like about my home:
1. you need to carry your own luggage up the stairs
2. there is no swimming pool
hosted stay - I live in the house too
three minutes' walk to Kembangan mrt (EW6)
located in an eastern residential suburb of Singapore, in a house, not an apartment - there is no lift
a private room area 17.25 sq m (does not include bathroom area of 7.5 sq m, so total size nearly 26 sq m), situated on 2nd floor of the house (one flight of stairs)
one queen-sized bed
one double sofa/bed
one single Airweave futon mattress (optional)
bedroom ceiling fan
large attached private bathroom, approx 7.5 sq m, with ceiling-mounted fan in bathroom (you do not get to use any other bathroom other than the one attached to your room, so if you are the maximum number sharing one bedroom you might want to consider this carefully)
toilet with bidet
led makeup mirror
tv with cable channels
Ipad/Iphone docking device
towels (bath, hand, face)
roof-top home gym
12 minutes by mrt to City Hall station
16 minutes by mrt to Orchard station
maximum occupancy 5 people (definition of 'people' here includes all bodies - babies, young children, teenagers, adults)
children sharing the room who are ten years of age or younger at time of staying are free
price includes breakfast
check-in/check-out, noon, but am flexible as long as no other booking - this means as early as 8am for check-in and as late as 9pm for check-out - subject to availability and cannot be confirmed until a day before your arrival
access to and no extra charge for:
Osim massage chair
Osim foot massage
strictly no smoking indoors
switch off air conditioner, lights, and fan when you leave your room
no visitors without prior permission
As you can see from the map, we are located three minutes by foot (291 m) from Kembangan mrt (EW6) which is very convenient if you are zipping around Singapore. You could take the mrt from Changi Airport and be at our house within 35 minutes - and that's includes the walk from the train station to the house. Or if you take a taxi to the house, that's only 15 minutes away. And to Orchard Road, that's about 18 minutes including one change - this is faster than a cab, particularly during peak hours when it can be hard to find one.
Breakfast is included.
Bed configuration is as follows:
Bedroom named 'Leopard Tree' (area, 17.25 sq m, first floor) - one double bed (size 1.9 x 1.55 m), one double sofa bed, one Airweave futon mattress
(maximum 5 people) - with ensuite, private bathroom.
I must add that if you are the five in the room all with large suitcases, there will not be space to accommodate all your luggage. If you are a large group in the room, try travelling light.
It has air-conditioning and a ceiling fan. There is free wifi connectivity throughout the house.
Children, aged ten and below, who are sharing the room with paying adults, are free.
In this bedroom, there is an electric kettle, instant coffee/tea sachets, a landline phone with intercom to all rooms and a safe. There is also a hairdryer and IPad/IPhone/IPod docking device which comes with radio and alarm, and an IPad.
There is a washing machine, but no dryer at the backyard. Laundry is on a do-it-yourself basis. There are pull down poles under cover so drying is not a problem.
Nearby there are two basketball courts open to the public, a 420-metre walking/jogging track, and two playgrounds.
More about the house - this is a hosted stay - I live in the house. Landed corner semi-detached house with small but pretty garden, koi pond and artfully decorated rooms. You will have access to ground floor living and dining rooms, as well as the kitchen, should you want to cook. If cooking, please do the washing-up. Please help yourself to what condiments we have. I need to add that neither my helper nor I have to be around when you cook. We'll show you where the pots and pans are, but we are not your assistants.
Should you prefer to exercise outdoors, we are 35 minutes by foot from the South China Sea. Just follow the park connector southwards and get a feel of residential Singapore along the way. When there, the East Coast Park provides ample opportunity for food, cycling (you can rent bikes there), camping (you need a permit), swimming, etc.
PLEASE READ THIS IF INTERESTED IN BOOKING:
1. My rates are non-negotiable.
2. As I am sharing my home with you, I would like to know briefly more about the purpose of your visit, who is in your party (family, partner, friend, colleague), and you need to upload a headshot photo in your Airbnb profile. I need to see clearly what you look like. If you book without sending a suitable photo, I will still ask for one before I accept, and if I don't get a reply within an hour, will decline your booking.
3. The person enquiring should also be needing accommodation.
4. If you are arriving by plane, you need to give me your flight number. And if transferring from somewhere else, you need to check in by 9pm. You need to communicate with me on your checking in time. If you don't there may not be anyone in, or I may be asleep.
5. The purpose of your stay with me should only be for genuine overnight accommodation. I am not interested in hosting for personal or business events, staycations and photo/film shoots.
6. My daily rate is based on the profile of the tourist or business traveller. Out after breakfast and back in the evening - early or late. If you intend to be in your room the whole day, you must let me know at the time you make your booking, as there will be a surcharge for extended use of air conditioning.
7. Check in/out time 12 noon. Please realise that I cannot commit to early check-in/late check-out at the time you make your booking. If you need a guaranteed early check-in or late check-out I suggest you book an extra day pre or post the core period. Should you have to vacate your room by 12 noon, you can leave your luggage in my storeroom until you need to go to the airport. There is also a small spare bathroom you could use to freshen up.
8. I sometimes get asked if house previews are available before you book - the answer would be no. The photos you see of the house and rooms are accurate; if they weren't there would be some mention about this in guests' reviews. At present, I am only entertaining short-term accommodation and, as such, I feel previews are unnecessary. Should you have a specific question in mind about the room, however, I would be very happy to answer via email.
9. I have indoor cats who mind their own business and will not approach you except for one very friendly cat. So if you are very allergic or scared of cats, perhaps this is not the place for you.
10. House rules:
strictly no smoking indoors
switch off the air-conditioner, lights, fan and water-heater when you leave the room
no visitors without prior permission - I might add that I don't expect your visitor to stay longer than half an hour and they are to be entertained in the living room.
1) no smoking indoors
2) switch off all utilities when you go out
3) no outside visitors without prior permission
4) no parties, events, film shoots, wedding receptions, wedding send-offs, staycations