A ROOM IN THE CENTER, A FRIENDLY, ENGLISH SPEAKING HOST, A VIEW ON ITALIAN WAY OF LIFE. MONUMENTS, PARKS, SHOPS, BAR, RESTAURANTS, CINEMAS CLOSEBY. WHAT'S MORE?
VISIT ALSO MY OTHER TWO LISTINGS:
The ROOM is spacious and quiet, with a large, sunny BALCONY. It comfortably fits 3. Available an ADDITIONAL BED for a 4th guest.
CEILING FAN (from June 2015)
SPECIAL OFFERS FOR CHILDREN
Enjoy the KITCHEN for a RICH BREAKFAST in the morning (from 8am to 10am) and for LIGHT MEALS in the evening (from 5pm and 8pm).
Interaction with Guests
I am a single woman and I work as a screenwriter and movie-director. I have a modern stile of life and am used to share apartments since a long time. I met some of my dearest friends as guests in my house.
I was also a Art History teacher and I have a touristic guide license, so, please, feel free to ask if you need a TOUR GUIDE or just a HELP IN PLANNING YOUR CITY TOURS.
If you stay at least 1 week and you like the idea, I WILL PREPARE FOR YOU… AND WITH YOUR HELP… A TRADITIONAL ITALIAN DISH, teaching you how you can prepare home made pasta.
Closeby, you can visit VILLA ADA PARK, the MEDIEVAL CHURCH OF SANT'AGNESE, the ROMAN MAUSOLEUM OF COSTANZA and the CATACOMBS OF PRISCILLA, with rare frescos. If you stay at least a week, I will offer A FREE GUIDED TOUR to these marvelous sites.
Excellent restaurants, pizzerias, pubs, cafes, cinemas, are waiting for you in the evening, at a walking distance.
If you prefer to cook in my kitchen, nearby you can find many supermarkets and many other grocery shops.
If you like to go shopping, in Viale Libia you can find any sort of shops.
In your room you will find a GUIDE with the addresses.
You have 2 OPTIONS for reaching my house FROM THE AIRPORT.
- 1° OPTION: FROM FIUMICINO AIRPORT you take a direct train (€ 8) to the NOMENTANA STATION, final destination ORTE or FARA SABINA. When you get off Nomentana station (after about 50 minutes), go to viale ETIOPIA/piazza ADDIS ABEBA, then go, walking, to VIALE LIBIA and reach the METRO B1 LIBIA STOP.
- 2° OPTION: from FIUMICINO AIRPORT and from CIAMPINO AIRPORT you take a direct train or a bus to TERMINI STATION (about 40 minutes). From there take the METRO B1 (final destination CONCA D'ORO) and get off at LIBIA STOP (7 minutes).
If you come BY CAR, you can use my garage.
My house is very well connected by PUBLIC TRANSPORT.
Other Things to Note
You can VISIT MY OTHER TWO LISTINGS:
I offer a rich BREAKFAST.
In this room, an effective CEILING FAN.
At a favorable price:
- I can be your TOURISTIC GUIDE for visiting the city
- I can TEACH YOU ITALIAN LANGUAGE
Being a professional screenwriter, I usually work at home. However it can happen that I leave Rome for short periods for business meetings. In this case, my sister Maria Pia will welcome you. She speaks just a basic English, but is very kind and caring. Anyway I will be always in touch with you if you like or need it.
ABOUT YOUR BEHAVIOR: please be so kind as to:
- FULLY read my ad;
- use always Airbnb for your messages (I don't check my personal email every day);
- send me a message with all the useful info about your arrival (arrival's time, airport etc) as soon as possible;
- provide a map of the area;
- have a smart-phone or an Italian mobile with you at the time of your arrival;
- if you arrive directly to my house, look for my apartment: number 3/JANIGRO. Please, DON'T RING TO OTHER APARTMENTS;
- take care of the keys I will give you and double lock the door every time you go out and when you come in during the night;
- take care of your money and other values, because of I don't feel responsible for them;
- don't lead other people in the house;
- don't smoke in the house;
- don't bring pets with you;
- give me a photocopy of your personal documents.
ABOUT MY BEHAVIOR:
- at your arrival, I'll meet you at the METRO B1 LIBIA STATION.
- I'll give you a useful list of PLACES THAT ARE AT A WALKING DISTANCE (MAX 10 MINUTES): the best restaurants in the area, the best cafes, pastry shop, bakeries and pubs, the supermarkets, the fresh vegetable market, the biological supermarket, other grocery stores, the cinemas, the book shops, the tobacconists, the newspaper sellers, the pharmacies, the hospital, the taxi phone number, etc.
- I'll give you the house keys, so you can come back when you like, by day and by night.
- I will respect always your privacy.
- I will help you in planning your city tour, if you need it or like it.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST: I have confidence in my guests' good manners. So far, experience has given me reason.
You're renting a room in somebody's house. This means you have to be somewhat quite during the night time.
The room has one big comfortable bed for 2 and a small bed and if need be a camping bed. The room looks nicer in the pictures than in reality but it's a waste to spend your time inside anyway!
There are 3 toilets and 2 showers. This was very handy when we woke up to a served breakfast.
The neighbourhood shocked me as there were plenty of swastikas gratified and fascist extremist recruitment posters on the walls.
Very gracious and welcoming host. Went out of her way to make our stay pleasant. Full of information about the area and sights to see. Thank you Angiola.
My 2 friends and I stayed at Angiolas place for a weekend and felt really comfortable. We really enjoyed the breakfast in the morning and the warm hospitality!
I had a short stay with Angiola, but it was surely wonderful. For the price and location that Angiola's flat offers, you can not beat it! Angiola met me at the Libia metro station which was very convinient after arriving into Rome Termini. It was great to have someone show you the apartment rather than searching for it on your own. She has lived in Rome for over forty years and is truly a well of knowledge on not only Rome, but also Italy. The apartment was clean, convenient and easy on the budget. Angiola was warm, genuine, helpful and a great host. I hope to return in the future!
Thanks you Angiola for taking care of us during our stay, your place was beautiful and lovely , i like the area so much because of the safetiness
Angiola was kind, warm, and flexible with me every step of the way.
When I first arrived she provided me with a list of monuments, cafes, shops, etc. within a 10 minute walking radius. She encouraged me to get out and see under-explored parts of Rome within the her neighborhood, which offers a lot! The catacombs were awesome. If you stay here, check them out!
The best part was the proximity of the accommodation to public transport. A 5 minute walk to the nearest Metro got me anywhere I wanted to be quickly.
Angiola was a super host. I worried that having a private room in someone's home would not give me the same privacy that having an entire apartment to myself would but Angiola alleviated that fear. She was respectful of my privacy, but was also willing to help me with directions or suggestions whenever I needed them.
If you're staying in Rome, you can't go wrong staying in this neighborhood with this host.
l'accoglienza è stata ottima,il quartiere molto tranquillo ma possibilità di spostarsi ovunque con la metro...se non si hanno problemi a condividere la casa con estranei questa è una buona soluzione!
This host has 184 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I am a single woman who works as a scriptwriter and movie director. I shot my movies in the North Europe, so I can speak English. I also have been for years an Art History teacher in public high schools. Recently I’ve got a tourist guide licence too, so I can help guests to discover the Roman most secret beauties. Memories are important to me but my mind and my eyes are focused on our world's future, and I suppose that's why I seem... or at least I feel... younger than I am. I am used to share apartments since I was young, being very respectful of people living with me and doing my best to let them feel at home. I have to say that a lovely way of travelling to me is to meet people coming from different countries and different cultures… while I'm resting on my own divan! Because I'm quite afraid to fly but I do love differences.