About this listing
1 bedroom, 1 bath, living room, kitchen/dining area, washer/dryer in the apartment, dishwasher, oven, dining table, coffee machine, kitchen utensils, plates, pots and pans, hair dryer, iron, air condition, Dyson fan, central heat. The bedroom has a queen size bed, the living room a sleeper sofa that can be expanded to another full-size bed. Clean bedsheets, pillows, blankets and towels included. Free WIFI. Grocery store right across the house open 6am-10pm. Minutes from transportation to NYC!
* Fantastic freshly renovated one bedroom garden apartment minutes from New York City.
* 1 bedroom, 1 bath, living room, kitchen/dining area, hardwood floors, exposed brick.
* The bedroom has a full-sized bed, and the living room a futon couch that can be expanded to another full-size bed. The sizes for the full size bed is: (54 in × 75 in or 137 cm × 191 cm) Bedsheets, pillows, blankets and towels included. Large amour/closet with hangers in the bedroom.
* The apartment sleeps 2 comfortably, can accommodate 3 if needed.
* The bathroom has just been renovated with brand new marble tiles and a Delta shower.
*Washer/Dryer inside the apartment
*Air condition and central heat
* The kitchen is fully equipped with range, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker, and food processor.
High Tech Amenities:
- Free fast WiFi
- 40'' HD LED TV with premium cable package, includes ESPN, HBO, Showtime, Starz
- HD TiVo
- iPhone dock sound bar (connector for non-Apple devices included)
-Towels, sheets, pillows included
- Private Washer/dryer combo in the apartment
- All amenities ( heat, water, gas, electricity, cable, wi-fi ) included.
Interaction with guests
We live in the building, above the garden apartment and we have a separate entrance. So we are close by in case of emergencies and if there are any problems but we will respect your privacy completely. We are accessible and reachable via phone, email and text. We work with an excellent and available local general contractor, if needed.
Hoboken is located across New York City on the left bank of the Hudson. Commuting to NYC is very easy - the bus to Port Authority (near Times Square) stops around the corner and takes 15 minutes to the city. Walk a few blocks north and you can take the ferry to Midtown or the Financial District, and walk a few blocks south and you can take the PATH train which runs 24/7 up 6th Avenue in Manhattan. But Hoboken itself has a lot to offer. Bwé Coffee is around the corner, four of the best restaurants (Anthony Davids, Elysian Cafe, Bin 14 and Amanda's) in town are literally on the same block as the apartment. From restaurants to sports bars and Irish pubs, Starbucks, Schnackenberg's Luncheonette to Carlos' Bake Shop ( the Cake Boss), we have it all, including a beautiful view of Manhattan. This hip, young Garden State town taking top honors being #1 most exciting small city in the US, actually didn’t surprise us that much, especially not resident New Jerseyite and Movoto marketing director Chris Kolmar, who personally attested to its worthiness once the results were finalized. He should know, having personally penned multiple posts about his home state for the Movoto Blog.
Great transportation options are just steps away: Bus 126 to midtown Manhattan leaves around the corner (travel time 10 minutes to Times Square), ferry to World Financial Center and Midtown West is 10 minutes away, 24/7 PATH train to Manhattan a few blocks south of the apartment.
If you have a car or will rent one here is a list of parking Garages:
2 12th St
1125 Hudson St
Sylvan Jefferson Street Garage LLC
800 Jefferson St
Hoboken Parking Authority
259 11th St
Hudson Tea Parking Garage
1450 Bloomfield St
(th Street Lot
Hoboken Midtown Garage
330 Clinton St
For Hoboken to Airport Transportation info you can check the Flyerguide website at:
Other things to note
The brownstone apartment is three blocks from Stevens Institute of Technology, and just steps away from great restaurants, shopping, and transportation. It is on a quiet tree-lined street in a quintessential brownstone neighborhood, has a separate entrance and complete privacy.
Below is a reference letter from a lady who rented our apartment for almost 4 years:
"I called 939 Bloomfield Street home for almost 4 years, and had the privilege of calling Michael and Nersel not only landlords but friends. On various occasions Nersel would have a glass of wine waiting for me on the stoop after I got home from work. Whenever a maintenance issue arose Michael & Nersel took care of it immediately. The apartment is cozy with a wonderful kitchen with a ton of counter space as well as a brand new bathroom. This is an ideal location on a quiet tree lined street; one block away from, Washington Street with all the shops and restaurants, the 126 bus into NYC, and a short walk to the Path station. The only reason I moved was because I got married. I am sure the next tenants will be just as happy as I was. -Jessica S."
* ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING-of any kind ( including the backyard, back door, the front door and in front of the building) $250 cleaning fee will be deducted from the deposit if guests smoke in the apartment.
* No Pets please
* No parties and no overnight guests please
* We get the apartment professionally cleaned regularly but guests are responsible to keep it clean during their stay and leave it clean when they check out.
* Please do not leave any food in the fridge or anywhere in the kitchen. And no opened boxes of perishable food in the kitchen cabinets.
* Please make sure you lock both doors as well as the backyard door when you are not in the apartment. You are responsible for the safety of the apartment and the belongings during the period you rent the apartment.
* If you rent 3+ months we will offer free professional cleaning once a month.
* All garbage ( including plastic, and glass) must be put out in garbage bags and tied up. Hoboken garbage collection and recycling schedule must be strictly adhered (otherwise we will be ticketed and guest will be responsible to pay the ticket amount).
*Please do not leave garbage in the apartment when you check out. Please kindly put your garbage bags in the garbage bin outside.
* Please do not store anything in the backyard, by the front door and by the backdoor due to fire regulations.
* Please do not use the backyard unless otherwise agreed.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation!
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
I am originally from Istanbul, Turkey. My husband is from Germany. We have been Hoboken residents for over 15 years. We love the community and the proximity to Manhattan. I have worked in Information Technology Industry for 15 years. My husband is a Professor & Associate Dean at Stevens Institute of Technology. We have a daughter.
I love to travel with my family, spend time with my daughter, I like reading, oil painting and discovering different international vegetarian food.
We do our best to make you feel at home at our cosy and warm apartment in Hoboken.