Enjoy my open, skylit 3 bedroom/2 bath home, a charming 1920's California bungalow turned lush zen retreat in hip & artsy Silverlake. It's a beautiful, eclectic neighborhood just 5 minutes to either Sunset Junction with tons of delicious eateries, artisan shops and gourmet coffee houses or to the famous Reservoir with its new addition of the the Meadow, an open grassy, green space which overlooks the water. There is a nearby Farmer's market on Saturdays.
There are great garden views from nearly every room in the house. There is a full kitchen with fully stocked appliances, pots & pans, utensils, a dining room, lounge, living room & loft.
The Master Suite is located in the back portion of the home. It has a high vaulted ceiling with a chandelier and luxury Cal King bed. It includes its own private Art Deco Master Bathroom with separate Tub & Shower.
In the front portion of the home, bright & airy Bedroom 1 shares an art deco bathroom with shower and tub with warm & cozy Bedroom 2. Each has a comfy queen-sized bed. There is also an upstairs loft with a queen-sized futon (new, so not pictured).
Great outdoor areas. Enjoy coffee on the porch or relax with a book or brunch on the outdoor side patio. There is a rosemary bush, along with various herbs & berries surrounding the property for the chefs in the house. Free laundry on-site. The driveway parks 4 cars tandem. There is also plenty of street parking.
Please note: the back portion of the yard is now shaded with a tree overhang & is discreetly covered to separate the entrance of the studio that Bo occupies. You're welcome to come by to visit her little birdcage in the yard. :)
The Los Angeles Hotel Tax is 14% for stays less than 1 month. It is not automatically computed by Airbnb.
There is a one time cleaning fee of $100 which is automatically computed. For stays longer than 1 week, we require weekly cleanings for the upkeep of the home which includes general cleaning, changing bed sheets & watering of plants. They will be added to the weekly/monthly pricing as Airbnb cannot automatically compute it.
Please note there is a $20 charge each per night for more than 3 guests, which is automatically computed.
Conveniently located 3 miles from Downtown's Performing Arts & Museum District, 4.5 miles to Hollywood, 4.5 miles to Griffith Park Observatory, 6.5 miles to The Los Angeles Zoo.
All correspondence on Bo's behalf is with Jeanet, who coordinates all bookings & inquiries.
Any outside guests must have prior approval to enter the premises.
Please be aware of noise levels, especially in the evening hours, as we are in a residential neighborhood with families & small children.
1. SMOKING: No smoking is permitted inside the home. You are welcome to smoke on the outdoor patios. Please be aware to close or stay clear of any open windows of the house and dispose of ashes & cigarette butts immediately in the outside trash receptacles.
2. CLEAN FEES: Bookings placed on-line include a weekly cleaning fee. Clean fee covers a general cleaning of all things. Clean fee does not include: any trash left behind not placed in designated receptacle, dirty dishes left behind, food baked on the interior of the stove; sand; spills left to set in the refrigerator or any where else; stains from make-up etc – all apartments are fitted with there own washer dryer. Please take care when placing your belongings with our linens so that they stay white.
3. SECURITY DEPOSIT: Guest authorizes and permits proprietor to charge and deduct from guests credit card any and all sums for payment of past due rent, services and/or other obligations and charges incurred by Guest and owed to proprietor during Guests length of occupancy and any renewals thereof or extensions thereto including, but not limited to, any and all costs of repairs to the premises and/or fixtures damaged and/or destroyed therein.
4. OCCUPANTS: The premises shall not be kept by any other persons other than the guests designated.
5. CHILDREN: Our apartments are not child proofed. Please take the time you need to place breakables out of your child’s reach. Item #1 'Clean fee' covers the basics - hands prints, sticky table legs etc. will be extra.
6. PETS:. Pets charged additional clean fee. No pet is accepted without express written consent from the management. Loud or continuous barking is not permitted. If your dog proves to be a nuisance you must make arrangements with our local ‘Doggy Day Care’ or leave and forfeit the full amount of your rent or one full weeks rent from the date of your departure whichever is less.
7. RIGHT OF ENTRY: Proprietor may enter the premises at any time for any purposes, including but not limited to inspection of the premises, cleaning of the premises, and repair of the premises.
8. PAYMENTS: All bookings that total more than $1000 that are paid by credit card may be subject to 3% credit card processing fee. This includes charges processed through airbnb.com (3%). To avoid paying charge card fees you can arrange alternative payment methods with the management.
9. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: This agreement is made and entered into as of the date specified in agreement and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
Hotel tax applicable on all stays of less than 31 nights
My family loved your home. It what exactly what we needed for this weekend. Thank you so much.
Bo was a life saver and and a pleasure to stay with,she opened her place to me at 1 am after I had a cancellation and she was incredibly accommodating, beautiful home!
The house was very nice and look just like the pictures. The beds were very comfortable and were easy to sleep on. The place had 4 beds and plenty of (website hidden) made it very easy to contact her and responded quickly. The place was 3 miles from downtown and the neighborhood was alright. Not the cleanest neighborhood and street parking was crammed but that's ok because her driveway has plenty of room to fit all your cars. Up to 4 cars. The appliances and tv in the house were older but the whole place is a little aged. I liked the home overall and it was perfect for our one night stay.
The only issue we had was with the heater that seemed to work only as we left. So we were a little cold.
Other than that everything was perfect. There were two bathrooms which was great, and finally there were speakers to plug our iPhones into in the living room which was also great. This place was cozy and perfect for the price and location. I recommend it to anyone.
If you are looking for a place to stay during the winter months in Los Angeles, this house might not be right for you. We stayed here over the Christmas-New Year's holiday during which there was a cold spell. For three nights the house's heating system was not able to heat the public areas of the house above 63 degrees from sunset to sunrise. Except for the master bedroom, the house was uncomfortably cold.
While Bo and her daughter were empathetic and gracious, they could not fix the problem. We had to borrow a space heater from a relative in LA to heat at least one public room. Given this house's heating and insulation limitations, the description of this property should have included some notice to potential guests of these winter-related issues.
In general, the house has not been maintained adequately. The drain in one shower was clogged, so we all shared the shower in the master bedroom. The washer did not work properly. Pliers were necessary to operate the dryer since knobs were missing. The stopper in the master bedroom sink did not work. The hinge on the dishwasher door was damaged.
The location of the house is great. It is very convenient in terms of proximity to shops and restaurants. The neighborhood was pleasant and quiet.
We had a great stay at the artist retreat. It's in a great area of LA. The home was clean, comfortable for 7 adults, and easy to settle (website hidden) was great with her communication and made us feel so welcome.
Bo made us feel right at home. She gave us good tips on where to go and what to see. The house will make you feel right at home. The house is very close to silver lake and sunset. An amazing part of LA. We ended our tour through the USA in LA and we couldn't ask for a better way to end up.
This host has 28 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews