Gusde House and Villa is located Banjar Kumbuh. This cottage is brand new, has large double bed room with air-conditioner ,bath room,safe deposit box, writing table and terrace with fish pond . The guest also can seat in large living room.
Gusde House and Villa is located Banjar Kumbuh. This cottage is brand new, has large double bed room with air-conditioner ,bath room,safe deposit box, writing table and terrace with fish pond . The guest also can seat in large living room and also has small pantry.
Located just around Desa Mas or Mas Village - Ubud. About 45 minutes drives from Ngurah Rai, Bali International airport and 10 minutes drives from central ubud.
Desa Mas or Mas Village is located in Ubud sub district and Gianyar Regency, east part of Bali. It has the typical style of wood carving art by placing forward the distinguish synergy of humanism and naturalism. The popularity as an art village is famous at the national and world level.
This a family based accommodation, where the guest can get a personal service from Gusde family.
There is always something to do, when you stay with us. We always advice you, what you should visit and see in Bali, and we have free shuttle to Ubud 2 times/day .
Special benefits on staying in Balinese Cottage:
* Exotic welcome drink on arrival
* Breakfast served in Cottage
* Complimentary bottle of water in the room .
* Free shuttle service to Ubud
* Pool ( Shared )
You will be vacationing in the luxury at budget prices--enjoy swimming pool and lounge chairs with WiFi throughout the property
Free shuttle to Ubud and return to your cottage:
Depart to Ubud
Depart from Ubud
You are staying in village of famous wood carving in Bali. In the village is very nice to do jogging in the morning, to walk and see daily routine of local people. Local market just 700 meter from our cottage, you also can walk to Arma Museum or traditional painting village of Pengosekan. The famous movie Eat Pray Love was taken 300 meters from our cottage.( famous healer Ketut Lier )
Interaction with Guests
If you have any other inquiries about Bali and Ubud, please feel free to email me, as I am Balinese and know more about Bali, I will try help all my guest to explain about our island and our culture.
As a host I always try to talk and meet my guest, but if I am not there, Wayan is the manager will always there and ready from serving breakfast, drive you to Ubud and even he could drive and doing your tour in Bali.
Ubud where you can go shopping, see dance performance, spa and yoga class, is only 10 minutes from our villa and we have new spot to visit just 20 minutes from our house, where you can see archaeology, monuments and temples. This heritage sites are mostly spread along Pakerisan and petanu river in Blahbatuh and Tampaksiring subditricts, and area which form part of Bali,s World Heritage site nomination for wet rice or subak landscape and associated monument and temples.
We will arrange your holiday when you stay with us and we also can offer you round trip in Bali. Get you a cheap automatic motor bike for rent at only 5 USD/day and airport pick up at only 30 USD/pick up to Ubud.
Other Things to Note
The Balinese Hindus do not celebrate the coming of the new year of Saka calendar with lavish party; they celebrate it with meditation instead. No activities are allowed to take place. These mandatory religious prohibitions include no pleasure (amati lelangon), no traffic (amati lelungan), no fire (amati geni) and no work (amati karya).
This year, Nyepi Day falls on 31 March 2014.
On Nyepi Day, we will not be able to accept any check-in nor check-out throughout the day.
We notice that you will be staying with us during Nyepi Day, kindly be informed of the below situations during Nyepi Day:
The silence begins at 0:00 am of 31 March 2014 and will go on until the next 24 hours
All shops are closed on Nyepi Day
Guests has to stay inside the resort area
When listening to the music or watching TV in the villa, keep the sound at minimum level
There will be no traffic on that day in the whole Bali island
Since you will be staying in Balinese village in the middle of rice paddy, we will be appreciate if you could stop using pool by 9 pm and also no music played.
The Balinese are quite open and generally welcome visitors. You can enter most temples freely. Wear a sash around waist and preferably a Sarong.
Big temples can hire a sarong at the front gate but nice to have your own. You can buy a sarong in Ubud market.
Woman who are menstruating must wait out side the temple.
If you visit a holy spring like Pura Tirtha Empul and decided to try bathing, keep your cloth on and leave the shampoo behind. it is not a bath, but an immersion on holy water. for spiritual cleansing.
Expect to pay a small donation before entering a temple. This donations are put to good use and help with the upkeep of the grounds and the temple itself.....
Free shuttle to Ubud and return to your cottage:
Depart to Ubud
Depart from Ubud
We will not provided free shuttle on your check out day.
My husband and I spent four nights at the New Balinese Cottage, but sadly I would not recommend it.
There were some good things:
- Breakfast was very good.
- The grounds were beautiful and well taken care of.
- The swimming pool was lovely.
- The free shuttle was very convenient.
- They helped us get drivers to visit the area and go to the airport (we really liked Ketuk and younger Wayan)
- We had the chance to explore Mas Village (not touristy, a great place to discover the real Bali and meet some sweet and welcoming people).
However, we were very disappointed:
- Upon arrival we were welcomed by a couple of teenagers and a man who didn't speak much English, so communication was impossible. Nothing was explained.
- The room and bathroom were dirty. I watched them “clean”, which consisted of sweeping the floor, making the bed and sprinkling flowers around. I don't think they cleaned before we arrived because there were sticky stains on the floor, and we found smashed mosquitoes and streaks of blood everywhere (including the bedding). They cleaned the sticky spot on the floor after I complained, but the rest was still there when we left.
- The wi-fi was not reliable.
- The older Wayan was pleasant but shifty. If he drives you around, he'll try to take you to tourist traps that give him commissions. Also, it might have been an honest mistake, but he tried to charge us more than we had agreed on for one of the drives.
- The room and bathroom look better in the pictures than in reality. They are less light and airy now. All of the beautiful carvings are covered with planks of wood except the two bedroom windows. It felt like the place was being boarded up. Also, the bathroom looked old and the bathtub and floor were stained brown in some places.
- There was an INSANE number of MOSQUITOES and no way to keep them out. On our first night there, trying to avoid being eaten, we slept under the comforter with the air conditioner at full power… but we woke up to find that they had devoured our faces. My husband had a swollen eye, my forehead and cheek were also swollen.
What bothers me the most is that Gusde wrote back to another reviewer who complained about the mosquitoes and told him that the problem was fixed, but it wasn't. Even though some of the holes were boarded up, there are still plenty cracks in the windows and doors for the mosquitoes to come in, and the mosquito net is too small for the bed. To their credit, Gusde and Wayan listened when there were problems and tried to fix them. They sprayed the room in the evenings, and they tried to make the bed net work by tucking it as closed as possible under the mattress, but as you move in your sleep that becomes undone.
Thank you for staying with us and I am really sorry about the mosquitoes and all the problem happen to you.
1. I am really sorry I could not welcome you as my wife was in hospital, which most of guest I welcome by my self.
2. Floor has sticky spot because it can happen tropical country sticky thing is from not dried of wooden ceeling and it come out at any time, but thank you for advice, I will often check it before guest check in.
3. Your wi-fi should be faster in the living room and restaurant area.
4. I am sorry about the older Wayan, I will have talk with him and warn him about your compline. It is his first compline about charging.
5.I think you still remember on second day I have asked you, if you could sleep better and you said yes and why you would like to complaint on the review? If you have told me that you still have problem with mosquitos and other things, we could have to move you with more expensive room and private villa with private pool. My job is to make my guest happy and that I have been doing it to make a good reviews and that way we have a lot of booking from airbnb.
6. From my older review I said that problem already solved and I did actuall by closing all the hole of the door carving, we spry the room in the evening
Thank you again for your advice and in the future I promise you it want happen again to other guest and I everybody must talk on the second day if that was still problem with the room so we can acommodate you to other room.
We were made to feel so welcome... our host held our room for us two extra days. The craziest thing... I had no more pages in my passport so I had to have more added... who knew? Well, Gusde was very gracious... they arranged for a car to pick us up at the airport, and the room was really lovely and the breakfast fantastic! We got a ride in to Ubud everyday and they helped organize a driver to take us around the island.
Incredible!like being at home..
We had a gread experience at Gusde's. Thank you Gusde for everything! It was a wonderfull experience. Thanks to Wayan for being our "father" in ubud ;-)
We hope we can stay in another place like this during our trip around indonisa! See u soon
They picked us up at the center since we were not able to recah the poace by our own
Accueil chaleureux, personnel dévoué, emplacement loin de la foule d Ubud.
The host was great and the room was perfect! We even had our own little pond near our front door with fish in it. We really appreciated the free shuttle to Ubud, and couldn't have asked for a better homestay experience!
Staying at Gusde's house was nice because you get away from the busy-crowed center of Ubud; we enjoyed the nature and the quiet nights over there.
The room was clean and spacious. The staff is really welcoming; they managed to drop us and pick us up in Ubud.
They also organized for us a tour around Ubud, so we were able to see the most important attractions in one day.
This host has 180 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hi i'm Ida Bagus and I am Balinese, I have studied in Switzerland and traveled a lot in Europe .Airbnb concepts is my favorite one because you can help guest to get in contact with local and see real Bali, so when you visit Bali you must meet local or Balinese and I will always come to make sure to you have wonderful holiday in Ubud. Me, my wife or Wayan will always there for breakfast and planning your trip each day, also explaining about Balinese culture and nice place to visit. Welcome to Balinese hospitality