Direct oceanfront condo offers all you want in a vacation. Watch sunrises over the ocean & sunsets over the river. Steps to kid friendly beach, pool, tennis courts. Bring fishing rod and kayak for fun on the river. Enjoy historical St. Augustine.
The unit is a direct ocean front unit located on Crescent beach in St. Augustine, FL at Windjammer. What makes this place special is not only the view of the ocean but also of the Intracoastal Waterway and Matanza River. Out the door and in 250 steps you are on the beach a few less to the river. The beach is kid friendly with tidal pools and wonderful sand for building sand castles. The beach offers great cycling, walking, bird watching and of course sun bathing. There is a private fishing dock for an alternative to the beach. Bring your kayak and launch it into the river.
The unit also is wonderful.. From the balcony that goes across the living room and master bedroom, enjoy the sunrises and moon rising. Seeing a big orange ball rise out of the water is truly beautiful. The inside of the unit is a nice as outdoors. The unit is light and airy as you can see from the entry through the living room to the balcony. The living room over looks the ocean and the dining area over looks the Intracoastal. No craning your neck to see the water, the hardest decision is which one to look at. The kitchen is updated with granite counters and new appliances. A great breakfast bar for kids. This is a chefs kitchen with everything you need down to an an ice cream maker. I love to cook and there is a large selection of herbs and spices for you to use or try. . There are two bedrooms each with king size beds and water views. The master bathroom will surprise you with the large Jacuzzi tub, double sinks, separate toilet and shower area. The second bedroom has direct access to the hall bathroom. The unit will sleep 6, though two will be in the living room. There is a pull out twin and an air bed that is on a frame.
The unit is fully furnished with everything you need for a truly wonderful beach vacation. Unfortunately the unit can only be rented for a 7 night minimum. Not my rules but the condo association rules
Taxes are included in the price. MINIMUM STAY IS 7 NIGHTS, unfortunately that's a condo association rule. The unit is rented with access to all amenities associated with Windjammer; beach access, fishing pier, access to Matanzas River, pool, tennis courts, covered parking.
Interaction with Guests
You will enjoy this place by yourself. I'm accessible by phone and in case of emergency there is an on site manager.
Where to start!!
BEST TRIPS OF 2013' (National Geographic)
St. Augustine, Florida has been named one of twenty best trips . More can be learned at their website:
• Visit charming, historic St. Augustine, the country’s oldest city. Take a trolley or walking tour to learn about the city's history. You can walk the old streets with colonial Florida architecture, discover interesting stores and hear street musicians. Sit and enjoy something to eat and watch the people go by. You never know what or who you might see!
• Visit the Old Spanish Fort, the Living History Museum, The Alligator Farm, Ripley Believe It Or Not Museum, Fountain of Youth, Potters Wax Museum, Lightner Museum, The Old Jail, The Oldest Schoolhouse.
• Watch for dolphins as you kayak on the Intracoastal Waterway.
• Visit Fort Matanza and take a ride on the boat to see the fort. Located 5 minutes down the road.
• Catch dinner from a chartered deep-sea fishing boat or rent your own pontoon boat and fish on the Intracoastal Waterway.
• Bring your Kayak and launch into the river across the street from the unit.
• Climb to the top of the light house.
• See the alligators being fed at the Alligator Farm or experience the thrill of the zip line over the alligators.
• Visit Marineland and swim with the dolphins, located less than 10 minutes away.
• Stroll leisurely down the beautifully manicured paths of the exotic gardens of Washington Oaks Park.
• Rent motor scooters in town.
• Golf at the World Golf Hall of Fame or at the other nearby courses.
• Or splurge at the outlet malls.
GREAT RESTAURANTS UP AND DOWN THE BEACH!
You might imagine that there are lots of really good seafood restaurants in St. Augustine and the beaches--and there are! Most are casual and each has a distinctive flavor and style…
• O'Steen's for fried shrimp
• Saltwater Cowboys for fresh catch and frozen drinks right on the Intracoastal at sunset
• Oasis for big screen TV on game day
• Florida Cracker Cafe in the historic district for grouper sandwiches and salads
• Sunset Grill, beachside, for local color, blackened catch of the day, salads, and Minorcan red clam chowder, just blocks from the condo
• Paula's for burgers, right next to the surfboard rental
• Tony's Pizza for New York style pizza delivered to your door
• Frog and McToad's for breakfast
• The Columbia Restaurant serves authentic Spanish cuisine in a very memorable atmosphere
• La Pentola (my favorite place) serves continental cuisine. Both The Columbia and La Pentola are located in the historic district.
• For cocktails on the water, try the Conch House and Resort or Kingfish Grill. Both are located alongside marinas, so you can watch the sailboats and yachts.
• Gypsy Cab Co. continues to please steak lovers.
Parking is located under the building. If you have a boat on a trailer, ask about availability of parking.
A car is needed for the area. The unit is located South of St. Augustine, FL. It is 2 miles south of Route 206. Easy access from I-95. Jacksonville Airport is an hour drive North. Daytona Beach Airport is 47 miles South
Other Things to Note
Come and share in my dream come true, a place right on the beach with the sounds of the ocean in the background and views only a glance away. And an added plus, view and access to the Matanzas River.
7 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY. (condo association rule) No smoking and no pets are allowed. If you smoke there is ample places outside, but please don't smoke in the unit. It impacts those coming after you, including myself, that are sensitive to smoke.
Feel free to use anything in the unit, if you use up an item please list it on the grocery list so it can be replaced for the next visitors.
Please let me know if anything needs repairing, replacing or did not live up to your expectations. Please leave the unit as you found it.
Age requirement primary renter must be 25 or older.
The condo was fantastic- clean, luxurious and perfectly located. The description is spot on.
this home could not be any better the views were beautiful.
Ginger our host could not be any more accommodating we were her first and from our experience won't be her last. Her home was beautiful and we wish her the best.