This is a very quiet, safe and secure apartment in central London. It is 3 minutes walk from Waterloo Station underground and walking distance to all major attractions.
There are two rooms here:
- If this room is not available for the dates you want please look at the second Airbnb room in this apartment called 'Also five minutes to South Bank'
- Look to the right on this page 'My Other Listings' or click http://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/268398 to find it.
- Large clean, quiet and secure private double room
- Quiet block and quiet and safe local streets at night
- You will have your own keys to your room and front door. So you will be able to come and go when you want
- Free Wi-Fi internet connection - also free use of a internet connected Macbook
- A selection of cereal, bagels, fresh coffee/tea, fruit and fruit juice for breakfast
- Clean bedding and towels are provided
- A metal heat radiator for when it is cold and also big windows for when it is hot.
- SHARED USE of bath/shower room, toilet and kitchen.
- Drinkable tap water - so fill up plastic bottles and take them out with you in the summer.
- The apartment is situated on the first floor within a quiet and secure apartment block with its own private garden.
Two guests sleep in a double bed and a third guest can sleep on a comfortable and solid fold-out sofa-bed - the red chair in the photos!
If you are a group of 3 people please take a moment to consider:
- It is not a big room for 3 people - so it works best when you are active e.g. wanting to be out having fun in London before coming home to relax and sleep
- If you used to a slower pace and want to spend most days or evenings together in the room, you may find it a bit small for 3 people
- THIS IS A SHARED APARTMENT! It is not a problem for most guests but some have come here and been surprised to share bathroom and kitchen with others
- There are two Airbnb rooms in this apartment - each can sleep 3 people
- This is ALSO SHARED! There is a separate bathroom and toilet to minimise waiting. But because they are shared at times you may have to wait for someone to finish in the shower before you can use it.
- There is always hot water and most people have not had any problems with other guests being here
- I also live here and my son spends half of the week here. So it is important to remember that it is possible (but not usual) that there may be 5 other people in the apartment at the same time as you and your friend/s
- This room is situated in central London Zone 1 and the underground stations Waterloo and Southwark are within 3 minutes walk from the apartment. The streets are well-lit at night and safe, for example for men and women to walk on their own.
You can walk everywhere including to:
- South Bank; the London Eye, the Royal Festival Hall, London aquarium, Hayward Gallery, National Theatre and Tate Modern museum (within 15 mins)
- St Paul's Cathedral, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, Borough Market and both London and Tower Bridges (20 minutes)
- West End's Theatre Land, to Covent Garden, British Museum, Trafalgar Square or to Big Ben, Downing Street, and Buckingham Palace (between 15 and 30 minutes)
- You can walk from here to all the major attractions. But also taxis, buses, local underground (subway) system, bicycle hire and national rail are all within 5 minutes walk. Short-term parking is also possible within the block.
Please note, the general price quoted is for a single person. Extra costs apply for each additional guest - see the 'house rules' section for this room
Arrivée en debut de soirée en suivant les explications et plan envoyés par Donovan sans difficulté depuis Gatwick. Accueil chaleureux et visite de l'appartement, documentation touristique à disposition. Chambre propre et confortable. Cuisine fonctionnelle, et sanitaires très propre. Le quartier est merveilleusement situé, à proximité des sites à visiter à pied, calme et vivant. Commerces, bus, metros pratique.
Je recommande cette adresse avec plaisir.
I stayed in one of Donovan's rooms when I was on a course this week. The flat is bright and clean in a quiet block in a very busy part of London, so it offers the best of both worlds. Donovan gives plenty of guidance about the local area, and he is happy to chat and offer more information. For me, it gave me my own space to relax and do reading in the evenings. I have booked a room for another couple of days later this month for the next part of my course.
I look forward to my return. Thanks, Donovan
Although we saw Donovan only 10 minutes, he was a great host. He provided us with a lot of information about the hot spots in London and in the morning we could enjoy some breakfast. The room itself was clean. The apartment is situated in a busy neighborhood with a lot of bars and such. We can definitely recommend this one.
perfect location: close to Waterloo station and South bank (5 minutes walking), at the same time very quite. Room is clean, good king size bed. Even international power adapter provided. Toilet/bathroom shared - all clean. Light breakfast included (cereal, corn flakes, fruits, etc). Very good value for its price.
Donovan was a wonderful host! He was really flexible about our traveling plans, plus he had lots of great suggestions of places we should go in London. The apartment was really nice and in a great location, too. I definitely recommend anyone wanting to explore London to stay here!
Accueil très sympathique de Donovan,
Appartement très propre et très joli, idéalement situé pour moi.
L'appartement est décoré avec gout et correspond tout à fait à la description. Le quartier est proche du centre et permet de parcourir Londres très facilement. La chambre louée est propre, confortable et calme, ainsi que la salle de bain.
Une adresse à recommander !
Si vous souhaitez le calme, des informations sur les visites de Londres, Donovan est pour vous l'hôte qu'il vous faut.
Nous avons passé un agréable séjour dans son appartement qui est clair et propre.
Une belle expérience.
Donovan's place couldn't be more convenient - when he says 5 minutes walk to the South Bank, he's not joking! The apartment is clean and comfortable, and Donovan is a great host. I'd happily stay here again.
Donovan is proactive and friendly as usual. I'll revisit him!