About this listing
A perfect hotel alternative, our fully furnished suite is a private retreat complete with queen-sized Tempur-Pedic bed, high-thread count sheets, tranquil garden, continental breakfast and spa-like luxury bathroom. Close to major public transit.
Located on the lower level of the owners' attractive 1938 home, the guest suite has a private entrance, queen-sized Tempur-Pedic mattress and spa-like bathroom (no kitchen or kitchen privileges). What's more, you have direct access to a beautifully landscaped and tranquil garden--perfect for morning coffee before a day of sightseeing or work.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions.
We list our suite as an "entire home" because you have your own entrance and we avoid entering the space during your stay. While we live upstairs, the suite is much more secluded than a room in someone's home and provides the great experience of living like a local.
Interaction with Guests
We typically welcome our guests, but then interact only when contacted or as needed.
You'll love the quiet and safety of the neighborhood, which is located in the geographical center of San Francisco in the Upper Market/Castro area.
Although our street is completely residential, the Castro business district, with its many good restaurants, coffee houses, shops, bars, post office, banks, food markets and the famous Castro Theater, starts only four short blocks from the house.
You can easily access other areas of San Francisco either by foot, car or nearby public transportation, including:
• Castro Muni Metro station, which is three stops from the BART transit system and travels to and from the San Francisco and Oakland airports and the beach
• Historic F-Street Street Car line, which runs from the Castro to Fisherman's Wharf and downtown San Francisco/Union Square
• Muni bus lines, which can take you to Golden Gate Park (15 minutes), the Giants baseball park (20 minutes), Fisherman's Wharf (40 minutes), Noe Valley (10 minutes) or Potrero Hill (20 minutes)
Other Things to Note
• $50 cleaning fee collected directly by the hosts is required after check in
• Completely furnished bedroom and bath suite with private entrance
• Luxury, fully tiled bathroom with fluffy towels, a radiant heat floor, Toto high tech toilet with bidet and rain head shower with views of private patio; the bathroom alone is worth the indulgence
• All natural, eco-friendly shampoo, conditioner, bath soap and moisturizer from the William Roan collection
• Fully adjustable, queen-size Tempur-Pedic bed
• 42" Plasma TV and DVD player with surround sound and over 100 channels of programming, including HBO and Showtime
• Refrigerator, coffee maker, electric tea kettle and continental breakfast included; no microwave
• Free wireless high-speed internet connection available
• Private access to beautifully landscaped garden with pond
• Other amenities include a hair dryer, iron and ironing board
• Easy on-street parking (yes, it's true!) with some day-of-the-week and time-of-day restrictions
• Maximum occupancy is 2 adults. No children or pets allowed.
• No smoking anywhere on the property.
• No strangers, "partying," loud noises, excessive behavior or illegal activities allowed on the property.
• No excessive messiness upon check out.
• Do not remove host possessions from the property without host approval.
• Notify the hosts promptly of any issues with the suite.
• Make sure the front house gate is securely closed and locked after entering or leaving.
• Check-in is 3:00 PM Pacific Time or later. Check-out time is 11:00 AM Pacific Time or earlier. No early check-ins or late check-outs without host approval.
• Your safety and security are your responsibility. Consequently, you agree to hold the hosts harmless for (1) any accident, injury or illness that happens to you or others or (2) any damage or loss to your personal property unless otherwise provided by law.
• Due to the California drought, conserve water whenever possible.
• And, most importantly, have a great stay!