A perfect hotel alternative, our fully furnished suite is a charming private retreat complete with queen-sized bed, high-thread count sheets and spa-like luxury bathroom (no kitchen or kitchen privileges; refrigerator, electric tea kettle and coffee maker only).
Located on the lower level of the owner's attractive 1938 home, the guest suite has a private entrance and offers direct access to a beautifully landscaped and tranquil garden--perfect for morning coffee before a day of sightseeing or work.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions.
We list our suite as an "entire home" because you have your own entrance and we avoid entering the space during your stay. While we live upstairs, the suite is much more secluded than a room in someone's home and provides the great experience of living like a local.
Interaction with Guests
We typically welcome our guests, but then interact only when contacted or as needed.
You'll love the quiet and safety of the neighborhood, which is located in the geographical center of San Francisco in the Upper Market/Castro area.
Although our street is completely residential, the Castro business district, with its many good restaurants, coffee houses, shops, bars, post office, banks, food markets and the famous Castro Theater, starts only four short blocks from the house.
You can easily access other areas of San Francisco either by foot, car or nearby public transportation, including:
• Castro Muni Metro station, which is three stops from the BART transit system and travels to and from the San Francisco and Oakland airports and the beach
• Historic F-Street Street Car line, which runs from the Castro to Fisherman's Wharf and downtown San Francisco/Union Square
• Muni bus lines, which can take you to Golden Gate Park (15 minutes), the Giants baseball park (20 minutes), Fisherman's Wharf (40 minutes), Noe Valley (10 minutes) or Potrero Hill (20 minutes)
Other Things to Note
• $50 cleaning fee collected directly by the hosts is required after check in
• Completely furnished bedroom and bath suite with private entrance
• Luxury, fully tiled bathroom with fluffy towels, a radiant heat floor, Toto high tech toilet with bidet and rain head shower with views of private patio; the bathroom alone is worth the indulgence
• All natural, eco-friendly shampoo, conditioner, bath soap and moisturizer from the William Roan collection
• Fully adjustable, queen-size Tempur-Pedic bed
• 42" Plasma TV and DVD player with surround sound and over 100 channels of programming, including HBO and Showtime
• Refrigerator, coffee maker, electric tea kettle and continental breakfast included
• Free wireless high-speed internet connection available
• Private access to beautifully landscaped garden with pond
• Other amenities include a hair dryer, iron and ironing board
• Easy on-street parking (yes, it's true!)
• Maximum occupancy is 2 adults. No children or pets allowed.
• No smoking anywhere on the property.
• No strangers, "partying," loud noises, excessive behavior or illegal activities allowed on the property.
• No excessive messiness upon check out.
• Do not remove host possessions from the property without host approval.
• Notify the hosts promptly of any issues with the suite.
• Make sure the front house gate is securely closed and locked after entering or leaving.
• Check-in is 3:00 PM Pacific Time or later. Check-out time is 11:00 AM Pacific Time or earlier. No early check-ins or late check-outs without host approval.
• Your safety and security are your responsibility. Consequently, you agree to hold the hosts harmless for (1) any accident, injury or illness that happens to you or others or (2) any damage or loss to your personal property unless otherwise provided by law.
• Due to the California drought, conserve water whenever possible.
• And, most importantly, have a great stay!
Could not have been more happy with our Air b and B selection. This was a great place to stay in a great and centrally located neighborhood.
The bed (tempurpedic and electric!) was nothing short of amazing as was the bathroom which had a great heated floor and rain shower.
The hosts were great -- said hi a few times but let us to do our own thing. Left delicious breakfast foods.
I felt very good at the apartment of Andy & Daniel. It is really luxurious, heated toilet seats, tempur-pedic bed, surround-sound TV. The hosts were there for me when I needed them. Everything went smooth and easy! :)
Every last detail of this suite has been curated by the owners with taste and purpose - from the superb mattress and spa-like bathroom to the artful décor and gardens. Hosts Andy and Daniel anticipate all of your needs and give you a space that feels like it's your own private SF home, but they are available and responsive if you need anything extra. They outdid themselves with a foodie's dream version of continental breakfast - banana pecan bread, butter, orange juice, coffee, artisan cheese, crackers, pears and apples. The location is a great neighborhood that we found easily walkable with many restaurants and cafes nearby (hosts provided a list of good suggestions). We ditched our rental car after arriving in the city and didn't regret it for a moment. This place offers a rich San Francisco experience on foot or by hopping on the F line to explore other neighborhoods. After we wore ourselves out from walking each day, it was a delight to return "home" to our cozy, modern flat and enjoy the eclectic assortment of books and magazines or the premium television channels on the entertainment system. We would not have had an experience anywhere near this hip, luxurious and affordable in a hotel - heated tile in the bathroom, plush towels, garden window in the shower, unique textures, color and design. Andy and Daniel have created the perfect lens through which to experience the vibrant city of San Francisco.
We enjoyed our stay very much. The place was very clean, cute, and in a great neighborhood. This beat staying in a hotel by alot.
We loved Casa Caselli! The suite was exactly what we were looking for during our honeymoon appointed with everything you would need for a continental breakfast in the mornings. The suite was was pretty high tech with a great surround sound, bed and state of the art spa bathroom. We only got to meet Andy and Daniel briefly but they were kind enough to give us some restaurant recommendations. They also left clean dishes out in evening for us to have our breakfast and coffee. Wonderful hosts!
As for the location, Castro was the perfect for home base and their house is in a wonderful neighborhood. Just a short walk down the street was the center of Castro and public transportation. I would recommend Mama Ji's for dim sum...so yummy. We were lucky enough to be staying during Noir City and got to catch a double feature film noir at the Castro Theater (such a treat).
Thanks Andy and Daniel for hosting us!
Nikki and Brian
Andy and Daniel's place was absolutely perfect for a weekend: really cute and cozy little place with a great mattress and soft shag carpeting and the modern bathroom of your dreams. The bathroom has a de-humifier-cum-heater, heated floors, a toilet with bidet and heating functions and a great shower with a wand. We relaxed at night watching showtime and HBO movies on their huge tv.
The location was great for our needs: a 5 minute walk into the heart of the Castro and an 18 minute walk to the Mission.
Our hosts themselves were great and made sure that we had a generously stocked fridge and useful guide to the city.
This was the most amazing Air Bnb experience I've had. Daniel and Andy had everything planned out for us and it was easy to access the suite without having to rely too much on the hosts. We had an excellent stay!
This host has 15 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I have a beautiful contemporary furniture showroom in San Francisco's Design District. I'm a foodie, dance lover and internet junkie. I'm crazy for little babies. My husband, Andy, is an intranet and digital workplace strategist as well as a voracious reader and movie-goer. We travel whenever we can--business or pleasure--and often use AirBnB accommodations ourselves.