About This Listing
AVAILABLE FURNISHED STARTING MARCH 1ST - ONLY FOR LONG TERM RENTAL!
MINIMUM 6 MONTHS
The apartment is a beautiful modernfully furnished 900sq.feet LOFT, situated in NYC's famous neighborhood of DUMBO (by the Brooklyn Bridge!)
just 5 MINUTES from the heart of Manhattan and with most amazing view of the city !
The building (ex- factory) is quite and friendly and it has been recently renovated with a stylish and elegant touch.
This is the perfect place for people that want to live a "real New Yorker" experience , with all the comforts ( cable/ wi-fi internet / laundry etc.)
in one of the most eclectic, artistic and trendy area of Brooklyn, full of Restaurants, glamour shops and the beautiful and stunning new Brooklyn Bridge Park
plus the SUBWAY station is just around the corner!!
Amenities and info:
- 2 QUEEN SIZE BEDS
- LAND-LINE TELEPHONE - to call and receive
- TV 40" FLAT SCREEN
- CABLES / ON DEMAND MOVIE CHANNELS / MUSIC SELECTION
- HI-SPEED INTERNET WI-FI
- CD/ DVD PLAYER
- SPEAKER SYSTEM ( with †iPod/ iPhone and MP3 PLAYERS connection)
- PRINTER / SCANNER / PHOTOCOPIER
- FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN ( with Italian coffe-makers!!)
- LAUNDRY ROOM ( on the floor)
- RECYCLE AND TRASH ROOM ( on the floor)
- AIR CONDITIONING
- HEATING SYSTEM
- GAS / ELECTRICITY INCLUDED!
- LINENS ( bed-sheets/ towels etc..)
- BALCONY SUPER CUTE FOR BREAKFAST AND NICE APERITIVE !
- AMAZING BUILDING ROOF TOP with stunning view / with tables and long-chairs for sun-bathing!
For rental period longer then 1 month:
- Utilities are not included except GAS
- There's a cleaning fee of $80
Dear guest! Welcome home! I’m Coco I’m the owner of the apartment and I’m happy to have you in my NYC shelter)
I wish you a super pleasant stay in this magic city and I hope you find yourself comfortable here…
Here some info and rules about the flat (if you don’t follow them I’m afraid I have to keep your deposit fee )
- This is a very friendly building so don’t make any extra-noise and keep the music/TV at a reasonable volume to not disturb the neighbors
- Take out your shoes when you step in …
- Always lock the door and windows properly when you go out
- You cannot smoke in the apartment - but you are allowed to smoke in the balcony!
- You’re welcome to use the roof terrace… you can chill out there and enjoy the sunset … but of course use it with the respect for the other tenants and DON’T WALK on the un-paved areas . IT’s AGAINST THE LAW!
PHONE NUMBERS AND EMERGENCY
- I’m in Europe right now.. for any problems or questions don’t hesitate to contact me anytime : (phone number hidden) ( or (phone number hidden) US cel)
- Juan is the super: he’s in the building Monday to Friday from 8am to 2pm . This is his cell number : (phone number hidden)
CABLE TV / PHONE AND INTERNET and OFFICE
- You have access to Cable TV that included also HBO – ( free Movie On Demandchannel 200). If you’re interested in other channels let me know and I’ll order it for you for an extra fee of about $10.- if you watch Movies on Demand or Pay Per View you are going to pay for it )
- Feel free to watch any DVD’s that are in the book-shelves… just make sure to put them back where you found them after you’ve watched the movies.
- INTERNET – you have free access to Wi-FI high speed internet. To turn on the airport base you have to turn on the power strip located on the right of the desk (by the right windows next to the printer).
The name of the network is KOKOLANDIA ( or APPLE ..67) and the wap password is peaceandlove7
- PHONE – from the landline phone you can make any calls (landline and cell #) within the United States / Puerto Rico and Canada.
For incoming calls this is the numb(phone number hidden)
- STEREO – The speakers power-on button is on the front of each speaker ( turn it till a green light appear) … to connect them there’s a 1/4 inch cable.. you can connect it to your iPod or to your headphone’s output of your laptop!
- Your welcome to use the SCANNER AND THE PRINTER – if you use the printer you have to supply for the ink ( otherwise I have to take the ink- cost out of your deposit fee )
You can easily download the drivers from internet if your laptop doesn’t recognize the drivers.
LAUNDRY AND CLEANING
- THE LAUNDRY ROOM is located on the left of the elevator. You need to purchase the laundry card ($5) from the machine located on the ground floor by the mail-boxes. Every wash + drying is $2.40
- if you need extra Cleaning Service you can call the maid Nora. This is her cell number : (phone number hidden) and it’s $80 per service. She only speaks Spanish so if you have problem communicating with her let me know and I arrange it for you.
- The day that you leave the flat, you have to make sure to leave it in a decent clean condition… the hamper is in the bathroom.
Nora will take care of the cleaning but please respect her work and don’t leave the loft in a total dirty mess!! (also because it might compromise you DEPOSIT FEE)
TRASH , RECYCLING AND ECO-FRIENDLY RULES! :
This is a eco-friendly apartment so you have to make sure to:
- RECYCLE -The recycle room is located in the hallway in the trash room
(coming out the apt across the hallway on your left) GLASS / PLASTIC / PAPER
- TRASH everyday (the trash bin is in the same room)
- TURN OFF THE LIGHTS and TV (!) EVERYTIME YOU GO OUT!! (think about Mother Earth and your safety!)
- AIR-CONDITIONING – the air conditioning is located behind the wooden table next to the TV.
There’s a power-on button on the left and then you can regulate the fan speed.
Use the air-conditioning just when you need it ! Don’t leave it on when you go out!
If you do so, not only you increase global-warming but you increase electricity bill and that can effect your deposit fee…
- HEAT – to turn the heat on go by the closets ( entering on the apartment on your right , passed the bathroom door ).
There’s a device on the wall , between the doors of the 2 closets. Turn the wheel clockwise till goes above 68 degrees.
PLEASE DON'T TURN IT TOO HIGH. If you do so, not only you increase global-warming but you increase electricity bill and that can effect your deposit fee… when you go out please be conscious.. if it’s too much heat it’s not necessary please turn it down!
This is the inventory list… your responsible for the following items… if any of those is damaged or missing I have to keep your deposit fee
LIVING ROOM AREA (next left window):
grey sofa couch / queen size bed wih pillows
brown couch with pillows
wooden square coffee table (with wooden cross)
2 small coffee table on the corner of sofas
silver floor lamp
wooden folding table (by the window)
white Chinese paper lamp (on the wooden table)
white cabinet (TV Holder)
black artist floor cushion
grey big floor cushion
OFFICE AREA (next to right window)
dark wooden desk
2 dark wood shelves
office grey chair
2 Genelec speakers
Red paper light
BEDROOM AREA (NEXT TO THE RIGHT WALL)
antique dark wood bench
wood/paper square lamp (on the left of mirror)
2 round wood candle holder (on the right of mirror)
wooden box with brown/wood lamp
queen- size bed with pillows white floor lamp (right of the bed)
metal/glass dining table
4 ligth brown chair
wooden bookcase library
green papare lamp (inside the bookcase)
DVD’s and CD’s (bookcase)
wooden round holder and candle holders(on top of the bookcase)
2 Vintage Burgandy lamps
Vintage luggage / case ( on the left of bookcase)
3 wooden square boxes (on the wall left of the bookcase )
glasses and tea cups / black coffee cups
knives with wooden holder
white tray and ashtrays
Bali wooden hemper
Bali wooden boxe / HAIR DRYER
towels holder (on the shower)
2 candle glass round holders
1 incence glass holder
green decorative bag (on the wall)
silver decorative necless (on the buzzer)
PLUSALL LINENS / SHEETS / DUVET / DUVET COVERS/TOWELS
I wish you a wonderful time !
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND TRANSPORTATION
Dumbo (Down under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) is a wonderful neighborhood full of art and history.
Don’t miss to walk around the Brooklyn bridge park… it’s the most amazing view of the City!
For any tips regarding the neighborhood you can go to this website… (website hidden)
you can find all the info that you need
Enjoy the cafés and art galleries … and of course the beautiful Brooklyn Heights Promenade!!
For dinner you can go to SUPERFINE (amazing food and enviroment) (on Front street at the corner with Jay) or RICE (Washington and Front) FIVE FRONT (5 FRONT).. very romantic!!
To have a drink go to 68 BAR (on 68 Jay) .. the artists local hang out
For breakfast you can go to the cozy RETREAT located on Front Street and Jay or to the Art Supply Bar on Front and Washington…
Enjoy the amazing croissant of Almondine (on Water Street)
and the amazing chocolate of the world famous Chocolate Factory (on Water and Main)…
If you feel romantic go to have a drink or dinner at the world famous River Café (at sunset it’s amazing )
THERE’S A 24 HOURS GROCERIES STORE LOCATED ON FRONT AND WASHINGTON
If your planning to do a big grocery I suggest to take a cab and go to REDHOOK TO FAIRWAYS ..
it’s cheaper and you can find everything!! Plus it’s got an amazing view
NICE RESTAURANT IN THE CITY
If you feel like eating Italian food go to BAR PITTI in the West Village ( 6th avenue and Bleeker)
Write to me for more dining or clubbing advices … I can send you some links and info
Or get a Zagat guide… it’s always usufull
THE F TRAIN is the closest subway stop and it’s located a block away from the building on York and Jay.
You can also take the A and the C… it’s a couple of blocks further.. just ask someone on the street where you can access to the subway entrance
it’s not always easy to find a yeallow cab in the neighborhood .. the easiest way it’s to call a cab service:
PROMENADE CAR SERVICE (located on Front and Adam).. a bit expensive but very efficient (phone number hidden)
NEW BELL CAR SERVICE (cheaper but sometimes they run a bit late) : (phone number hidden)
The reservation was canceled 16 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Amazing, amazing apartment! Located in Dumbo, this is undoubtedly a very good spot to "set-up camp". The Brooklyn Bridge is just a few minutes away and the area is filled with interesting stores.
Getting around is pretty easy too, as the subway is located within 5-minute walk. There's a convenience store that opens 24 hours just round the corner and a supermarket as well!
I can't thank Coco enough for her help and hospitality during my stay at this apartment. She's very easy to talk to and an amazing host!
Much love and respect fom Singapore!
Once again, thank you Coco!
Very well appointed loft apartment in secure well kept/safe building. Dumbo is quite intriguing as very old and in throws of developing into, I feel in future, an area as 'chic' as the apartment is!
Access to Manhatten via the Metro although easy out of Dumbo, until used to reading all the signs, confusing when changing stations/platforms for various destinations, wise to really get head around daily travel before you set off for day. Heaps of taxis around.
Having been staying in Dumbo during Hurricane Sandy, felt very safe and well cared for. Coco and team checked on our wellbeing offering advice if needed but we were totally comfortable. Local people also a delight. Thank you Coco. From Patricia (Australia).
Excellent location. The loft is really chic and spacious and spotlessly clean. Plus, Dumbo is a cool neighborhood to stay. Actually we probably wouldnt have seen this interesting part of NY w/o staying there.
Coco is a really a nice host and provided us with much helpful information. Really apreciated the nice contact.
It was wonderful to stay in this place! Everything you needed was there - comfortable to be able to eat breakfast at your own little balcony before exploring NYC. The aparment lies in a very nice area, with super restaurants and cafes, and with a subway station just around the corner.
The host was easy to get in contact with - and a very sweet woman. Highly recommendable place explore NYC from!
Magnifique expérience! Pour un premier voyage à New-York, nous ne regrettons pas notre choix de cet appartement à DUMBO. Le quartier est hyper sympa, un peu plus calme que Manhattan ce qui permet de se reposer des longues journées de visite mais néanmoins extrêmement bien connecté avec le centre-ville! De plus, vous êtes à deux pas de la plus belle vue possible sur Big Apple. Bons restaurants et commerces au pied de l'immeuble, le roof top vaut le déplacement à lui seul.
L'appartement est spacieux, calme, propre et offre toutes les commodités nécessaires à un bon séjour. La literie est parfaite pour reposer les corps meurtris des kilomètres de marche avalés dans la journée. L'immeuble en général est bien entretenu et le voisinage discret.
Vous avez à proximité 2 stations de métro (York Street et High Street) qui vous donne accès aux lignes F et C/E pour aller où vous le souhaitez à Manhattan. La traversée du Pont de Brooklyn vaut aussi le coup.
Pour les restos, nous vous conseillons Superfine, le Re-Bar ou encore Grimaldi's qui sont tous à distance de marche de l'appartement. Et puis l'été n'hésitez pas à profiter du Park de Brooklyn avec le cinéma en plein air, c'est magique!
Bref, cet appartement est une perle, n'hésitez pas une seconde... En tout cas, nous y retournerons vite!
This host has 45 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Coco
I'm an Italian architect, artist / singer and music producer working in the Film/ TV industry.
I'm a globe trotter peaceful spirit...and the sea is my biggest love :-)