The QUEEN room offers a double bed and a hidden single bed, it can accomodate up to 3 persons. Private bathroom, satellite TV. From the room you can see the Pope's window. Free Wi-Fi.
location : faces the Pope's window, crossing Largo di Porta Cavalleggeri you are in the vatican Kingdom no longer in the italian republic
A quiet and silent courtyard ideal for smokers and for those needing privacy to make a telephone call. The washing machine we can operate, not by themselves, but there is an inexpensive wash and dry and lanuderette in the street under our windows
Interaction with Guests
every check in
frequently at nigth
whenever they need me, within one hour I can reach hem
Our area offers: the soul’s nourishment with Saint Peter’s basilical, the shopping in the elegant via Ottaviano, the night life in the poetic district of Trastevere. Culture in Castel Sant'Angelo,art in the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
The view from Saint Peter's Dome and from the roof of Castel Sant'Angelo and from the Gianicolo panoramic strollterraceSistine Chapel.
Botanical gardens and castel Sant'Angelo are within walking distances.
The Panoramic view of Gianicolo is so romantic at night time.
How to arrive:
- From Termini Station take the bus n° 64. Get off after approximately 15 stops, when the bus exits the only gallery on the route, the stop is called Largo di Porta Cavalleggeri (Vatican). Cross the street and go towards the green hill. Go up the street and turn right to the first building you (website hidden) is on top of the traffic ligth of Via delle Fornaci. Ou street number is hidden in the junction between th two streets, so difficult to see. Onece you climb up the hill stop at the first cas that you see and go right, There is a terrace with pots of plants. The entance has written on the plate our italian name, vatianandparking bed and breakfast. Ring the bell and walk to the end of the courtyard, where ther is a window and three steps . The window is ours.
Fixed price tariff from Fiumicino airport is 48 euros. From Ciampino airport is 30 euros.
- From Fiumicino Leonardo Da Vinci Airport - take the direct train to railway station Roma Termini. Buy ticket at the tobacconist shop. In front of the station, take bus 64 and get off at Porta Cavalleggeri around 15 stop, after the only gallery after you cross the river Tiber. Write your stop on paper and show it to the driver, Cavalleggeri,
otherwise your pronunciation is difficult to undestand by the driver.
Car parking is 1 euro an hour in the blue lines. Outside of the blue lines it is free in some areas around the house.
If you want your car parked in a garage, there is Terminal Gianicolo at 5 minute distance.
- bus 125 reaches Borghese park and gallery twisting like a snake in the narrowest streets of the historic centre, the terminus you reach following the underpass at the junction of Via Delle Fornaci with Via Delle Mura Aurelie it is like having the less expensive taxi in town, it is ecological and was donated by Europe to Rome, it is small because the large busses could not pass in the tiny lanes.
Other Things to Note
ROME TOURIST TAX:
2.50 Euros per person per night.
Not included in the price.
Must be paid in cash upon arrival.
silence is appreciated
Smoking is allowed in the inner courtyard, silent, quiet, ideal if privacy is needed when making cellphone calls.
The reservation was canceled 39 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Laura made me feel welcome immediately in her home. Her assistant was also very friendly and always offered to be of service. Laura gave me good advice on arranging tickets for the Vatican Museum. The location was amazing because every time I left my room I would see Vatican City. It was especially nice to see on my evening and morning run when the city was quiet. The room is basic but everything I needed. I would recommend others to stay there. Laura said she liked having Australians stay because we are so easy going! Very nice all round.
Unser Aufenthalt in Lauras Zimmer war eine schöne Erfahrung. Diese Frühstückspension bietet einige entscheidende Vorteile für einen günstigen Aufenthalt in Rom:
1. Lage: Es ist buchstäblich vor dem Vatikan, und nur wenige Minuten Fahrt von den wichtigsten Sehenswürdigkeiten mit dem Bus
2. Ausstattung: Das Zimmer bietet ein vernünftiges Maß an Komfort. Schön und neues Bad, eine ausgezeichnete Isolierung von der lauten Straße hinunter, eine Klimaanlage, ein bequemes Bett.
3. Laura selbst: sie ist eine flexible, nette Frau, immer bemüht, ihren Gästen zu helfen. Zum Beispiel in unserem ersten Tag dort verbrachte sie eine Stunde uns nützliche Tipps, was man in Rom machen kann (mit Karten und Führer enthalten).
Insgesamt werde ich diesen Raum, um alle Interessierten in einen günstigen Aufenthalt in Rom empfehlen.
Clean and comfortable and perfectly located to visit the Vatican. This was my first experience using AirBnB and the host made it very easy and straightforward.
We were unfortunately very disappointed with this apartment. We weren't greeted by Laura, but rather another lady who kept trying to sell us her guided walking tour. Breakfast was not included as specified on the air bnb site, the bathroom of our apartment was dirty and smelly and the sink was clogged.
In saying that though, the location of the apartment was very good and the internet was the best we've had on our travels.
I am Laura, the owner:Beeing 71, I have been trying a nymber of young assistants to help me. Unfortunately, in august, I was on holiday, the normal assistant was on holiday too, so this woman called Alexandra was picked up at the last minute simply because she boasted of speaking three languages, italian, russian and english, and since in my house at the seaside i have many russian guests, I thougth I woul accept her. She has done more damages to my reputation in 15 days thn anyone else in the previous 15 years. I apologize, I sent her away immediately, I am speechless, and have returned in my bed and breakfast to take care of my clients. I shall never abndon them again in the hands of persons not well known . My mistake Terribly sorry. Laura
If you feel you should be reimboursed, let me know
The flat was well located and the room was clean and tidy. Laura gave us suggestions from getting to the airport to the room, and the bus stop outside was very convenient. Our flight got in late but the host was very welcoming. She also gave us a great tour of Rome and suggestions of other things to do around the area. We had a very pleasant stay here!
The room was very tidy and the lady who welcomed us was very nice. I was travelling with my nephew and we wanted to split the beds. However this was not possible because it was a double bed. Still we could make use of the other bedroom with two single beds. The hostess gave us a very nice guide through Rome as well! I recommend this place definitely.
This host has 75 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
A former tourist guide, Laura Viotti has been proudly running the B&B since many years with great satisfaction of her guests. She used to own one of the first registered Bed and Breakfast in Rome and has collected many positive reviews throughout the years.
The B&B is now run by her assistant, who will be happy to welcome you, assist you, and make you feel at home during your stay.
We really love pets, we are pet friendly, and at all babyes who have dogs and have to stay in the hospital,we are disposable to bring the pet for a walk to them. It's a plasant for us to donate a smile.