About this listing
Please note: friendly birds live in the property
Our home is located in a centric DC residential neighborhood a couple of metro stops away from the National Mall, monuments and museums and it is in close proximity to restaurants, bars and public transportation (bike/bus/metro)
The house will be shared with Renato, friendly young professional in his mid20s. Please be aware, this is a residential home and has all interior doors with mortise door handles without keys (and therefore cannot be locked). That said, the rented room has access to a balcony, a private bathroom, and is furnished with a full size mattress that sleeps 2 adults.
Additionally, you will have access to:
- Towels and toiletries provided (shampoo & shower gel)
- Hair dryer
- Shared kitchen
- Loaner guide books available
- Smoke free home
- Wireless internet.
- Close to several Capital Bike Share stations
- G8/G2/80 Bus stops near to the house
- Closest metro stops:
- Shaw-Howard University - green/yellow line (closest)
- NoMa - red line
All common areas are shared.
Bedroom and bathrooms are private.
Interaction with guests
We hope our guests introduce themselves to us if we are in the house at the same time. Otherwise, we try to run a pretty casual ship. Come and go as you need to, after all you are here to tour the city :) !
Other things to note
Please watch video "how to open a lockbox" in youtube prior to arrival (we'll send link with house manual)
- We live in a smoke free house. Please no smoking anywhere in the house.
- Must be ok with birds in the house. We live in a house with 4 parakeets that like to speak their mind.
- Keep outside doors/windows closed unless AC/ Heating is off during spring/fall months.
- Checking Out: You are welcome to leave your bags in the main level of the house but please check out of the room by 10:00am. Place bed sheets in laundry hamper and leave the room door open so that the room can be prepped for the next guests.
- Note we have a strict cancellation policy. 50% refund for cancellations at least a week prior to reservation date and no refunds for cancellations within a week of your reservation date.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 22 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We love to travel and our dogs. We like good food and good TV shows. We take spontaneous trips and prefer flexible travel plans. We like to make the most of our trips so we are usually out all day while on vacation.