About this listing
Our home is located in a centric DC residential neighborhood a couple of metro stops away from the National Mall, monuments and museums and it is in close proximity to restaurants, bars and public transportation (bike/bus/metro)
We are renting one of two bedrooms furnished with a full size mattress that sleeps 2 adults. Room has access to balcony and private bathroom.
Additionally, you will have access to:
- Towels and toiletries provided (shampoo & shower gel)
- Hair dryer
- Shared kitchen
- Loaner guide books available
- Smoke free home
- Wireless internet.
- Close to several Capital Bike Share stations
- G8/G2/80 Bus stops near to the house
- Closest metro stops:
- Shaw-Howard University - green/yellow line (closest)
- NoMa - red line
All common areas are shared.
Bedroom and bathrooms are private.
Interaction with Guests
We hope our guests introduce themselves to us if we are in the house at the same time. Otherwise, we try to run a pretty casual ship. Come and go as you need to, after all you are here to tour the city :) !
-Public transportation is very accessible from our home (bike/bus/metro stations nearby).
-Residential Street parking guest pass available.
Other Things to Note
Please watch this video "how to open a lockbox" prior to arrival .
- We live in a smoke free house. Please no smoking anywhere in the house.
- No pets (other than ours of course)
- No parties
- Please be mindful of others in the house and keep noise level low during night time.
- Clean after yourself.
- Let us know how was your stay. Please leave a review.
- Guides available for guests , remember to return them.
- After your stay, please put bed sheets in laundry hamper by laundry closet.
- You are welcome to leave your bags in the house in the main level of the house but please check out of the room by 11am. So we can prep the room for the next guests.
- Do not use the lock chain in the interior doors of the house . Guests waiting to check in won't be able to come inside to drop off bags if the doors are locked (without a key) from the inside .
- Please try to keep the doors/windows closed if the AC/ Heating is on in the summer/winter months. The house is over 100 years old so we try to keep all of the cool/heated air inside.
- Please try to keep the water in the tub while showering.
The house was great, the room and bathroom were both clean and very spacious. The location is very convenient for us, Only 10 mints to walk to the subway station, and You also can take G8 or G2, only 5 mints to walk. Ryan and Verenice tried to make us feel like at home, we all had a great experience there. Would stay here again!
Our host was there to great us when we arrived. Her home is very clean and exceeded our expectations. Hermosa provided us some great recommendations for local fare. This location was perfect to take the Metro into DC to see the sites. The temperature was very comfortable for a hot summer. The directions to her place were easy and the instructions to enter were clear. We highly recommend. Cheers!
La nostra permanenza da hermosa è stata ottima! L'appartamento è in un quartiere carino e non troppo lontano dal centro. Il tutto corrisponde perfettamente alle fotografie. Hermosa e il suo ragazzo sono due persone veramente interessanti e simpatiche! E i due cani sono adorabili! Consiglio caldamente questo appartamento!
I had a lovely stay in Bloomindale. My hosts were away but I shared the house with another Aussie traveller. Great location and lovely room.
This is a great place to stay if in DC! Hermosa's place is very well decorated and clean. This place has a real "home" feel to it which I think is tough to find while away on trips. It's really nicely located -- quick walk to downtown and about a 8 min walk to the Shaw station yellow line. Hermosa and her partner are really nice people and their dogs are very fun. For the price this is a perfect place to stay! highly recommend.
Ryan and Verenice's house was great, the room and bathroom were both clean and very spacious. The neighbourhood is really nice and located an easy 10min walk to the train station. Ryan and Verenice were so nice and gave us great tips for seeing DC. And of course Hermosa and Mika are so adorable and super friendly!! Would absolutely recommend this place!!
This host has 4 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Hermosa
We love to travel and our dogs. We like good food and good TV shows. We take spontaneous trips and prefer flexible travel plans. We like to make the most of our trips so we are usually out all day while on vacation.