WATCH THE SUNRISE FROM A TROPIC ISLE…….from the quiet side.
Makana Kai is a one bedroom one bath ocean view apartment with open beam ceiling, granite counters, bamboo and tile flooring offering a luxury island feeling where life is slower and ripe with the diversity of the Big Island. It's split-level layout provides privacy and comfort for one or two and offers an excellent home base to relax or return each day from exploration. One can enjoy rarely traveled jungle roads, creation in the making with new black sand beaches and varying volcano activity, or view the world from Mauna Kea’s Observatories above 13, 700 ’ elevation.
An island of secluded beaches, tropical forests, and 11 of the earths 13 climate zones offers incredible hiking trails, scenery and viewing of exotic birds and plants found nowhere else.
Vintage Hilo Town and Pahoa offer a glimpse of older Hawaii with early century buildings, farmers markets and a strong dose of the Aloha Spirit.
NOTE: This is a non-smoking facility. 14.25% Hawaii State Tax included in stated price.
A place of inspiration for artists, writers or spiritual reflection, you can totally relax, soaking in the balmy weather or enjoy any of the 101 activities the island has to offer.
1. This is a non-smoking facility.
2. Adults only - not suitable for children
3. Day and Week Rates include Hawaii Vacation .1425% Ta(URL HIDDEN)HI Tax ID W(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
(URL HIDDEN)Included :
Queen size bed
linens and Dishes
Electric Frying Pan
Flat screen TV
Beach chairs, mats and towels
Private yard area
Binder of local activities and information.
NOTE: When booking airline remember that arriving in Hilo, HI airport is about 30 minutes away, while arriving in Kona the drive is about 2 1/2 hours away.
Interaction with guests
Remain available by person or phone to answer questions or make recommendations
Other things to note
Possibly the best climate anywhere with most days sunny and most rain continuing up the mountain. WOO(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
License or registration number
Learn about this number
1. Homeowner, Gary Turner, rents to applicant, the real property and improvements described as Makana Kai
15 2734 Papio Street, Pahoa, Hawaii 96778 private furnished living room, bedroom and kitchen area plus the following personal property:.
Refrigerator Flat Screen TV Alarm Clock
Microwave Blue Ray DVD Player, Towels & Linens. soaps & shampoo,
Blender, AM/FM Stereo Hair Dry, Coffee Grinder, Deck Chairs & Table
Coffee Maker, Lanai, BBQ, Toilet Paper
Electric Frying Pan
Lanai Chairs, Table Iron & Board
Toaster Oven, Beach Mats,
Eating & Cooking Utensils, Ice Chest, Paper Towels
Ceiling Fans, Beach Towels, Local Activities Guide
2. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 2 adult persons only.
3. Term of the Lease: The lease begins at 3PM and ends at 11AM on scheduled dates. Earlier check-in requires prior approval and will be allowed only when schedules permit.
4. Minimum Stay: This property requires a 3 night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than 3 days, the guest will be charged the 3 night rate.
5. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner and notice.
6. Rental Rate and Fees A deposit of 50% of total rent) is due upon registration and signing of Rental Agreement. The deposit is non-refundable and applied toward the rental fees except as noted below in Cancellation Policy. The cleaning fee is non-refundable.
7. Cancellation Policy: Cancellation of reservation, the deposit will be refunded as follows: 90% if cancelled 60 days prior to the Check-in Date - 50% if cancelled 7 days prior to the Check-in date.
8. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance.
9. Payment: Acceptable payment methods are personal check, major credit cards.
10. Rental Rules: Guest(s) agrees to abide by the following Rental Terms at all times while on the property and shall cause anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the terms at all times.
11. SMOKING is not allowed anywhere on the property.
12. GUESTS -People other than those in the guest party may not stay overnight.
13. RESPONSIBILITIES—Makana Kai is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. Guests are responsible for keeping the property and all furnishing in good order and using appliances only for their intended use.
14. PETS are not allowed.
15. PARKING – limited to one vehicle. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking area off Coastal Puna Parkway on grass facing Makana Kai gate. Overnight parking on the road is not permitted.
16. HOUSEKEEPING - There is no daily housekeeping service provided in the rental rate and is the responsibility of the guest while visiting. However towels and linens will be changed each week for guest staying longer and maid service can be arranged for an additional fee. Beach towels are provided as regular towels are to be kept in the apartment.
17. Waste Water: The apartment is on a cesspool. The cesspool system is very effective, however it will clog and not function if improper material or chemicals are flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than human waste and toilet paper such as feminine products which should not be flushed at anytime.
18. Storms: If there is a major storm, hurricane or other natural hazard, no refunds will be given unless the State or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in the immediate area of residence of vacationing guest. The day that the authorities order such a mandatory evacuation, we will refund any monies spent:
a. Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered, or b, any unused portion of rent or advanced rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive during the “warning period".
19. Owner Disclosure: Owner is a licensed Real Estate Broker in the State of Hawaii
For additional information contact - Gary Turner, –provided upon booking.
Papio Street Pahoa, HI. Acceptance: By depositing reservation payment, Guests understand and agree to terms above
(URL HIDDEN) Rev: 2/12/14
Mild-mannered gentleman with sense of humor and love of life who occasionally ponders the question. "What's it all about?"
Having lived in Hawaii for well over 17 years I've yet to find the answer, but I honestly can't think of a better place to look for it.