Live like a New Yorker in this modern townhouse located in the heart of Central Harlem. As soon as you step out of the front door, you are immediately immersed in the lively energy of the City. Walk just a couple of blocks away and find numerous restaurants with cuisine from all over the world.
ABOUT THE APARTMENT:
- ULTIMATE Luxury! Home features two floors and backyard of an entire townhouse. You get an entire floor with two bedrooms, its own private bathroom and office space in the second floor. On the first floor, you get the living room, kitchen, dining area and an additional bathroom. Excellent for families with children or large families.
- 3 Bedrooms (Three queen beds)
- 2 Full Bathrooms.
- Living room has sofabed which converts to a 4th bedroom.
- Bedrooms and living room all have air conditioners.
- Full Kitchen with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances.
- Newly painted and furnished with high end furniture.
- Perfect location for vacationers and theatergoers.
- Free WiFi and Cable TV with premium channels.
- Air Conditioned by window units which keep the place pretty cool in the summer time. In the winter radiators keep it fully heated.
- Hardwood oak floors. Huge floor-to-ceiling closets. Washer and dryer. Stained glass tramsen and Tiffany lamps throughout the house.
- Includes a baby grand piano at your disposal.
This three bedroom, completely renovated townhouse, on a quiet tree lined street, offers over 2,400 sq ft of indoor living space - coupled with a huge 20 x 50 backyard with wooden deck, pergola and barbecue grill. Not to mention the front garden. This home has one private entrance at the ground floor (perfect for those with baby carriages or wheelchairs) and another entrance at the top of the stoop (one flight up from ground floor). Once inside, marvel at the spacious living room with its 10ft ceilings and hardwood floors. Pocket doors separate the den from the rest of the house for quiet comfort. The basement level one flight of stairs from the ground floor to find your own PRIVATE washer and dryer.
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD/LOCATION:
- Harlem is the neighborhood north of Central Park, known for its history and its rebirth as a great neighborhood close to everything. Great restaurants and plenty of neighborhood pubs within walking distance.
- Close to all major museums via multiple subway lines.
- Tons of grocery stores, delis, drugstores nearby (some of which are 24 hour)
- Steps to the 2/3 trains, pharmacies, restaurants and supermarkets and all the amenities Harlem has to offer.
- Great restaurants such as Red Rooster and Chez Lucienne, Dinosaur BBQ, Covo, and Tonalli, brand new Pioneer supermarket, Harlem Vintage. Grocery stores (Fairway), drug stores (CVS) and shopping.
- Shopping along 125th Street, Marshals, Staples, H&M, Starbucks etc. Jazz clubs, Lenox Lounge and many more.
- You are in Manhattan 10-15 minutes away from Times Square and Columbus Circle. 20-25 minutes from Soho, Chelsea, The Village, Tribeca, Chinatown.
- Just a 3 minute walk to the local subway lines. The perfect vacation home, for one, two, three couples or a family.
TRANSPORTATION & PARKING:
- Nearest subway station is just 2.5 blocks away. And two more subways are just 5 blocks away.
- Easy to hail a cab on the block or on 5th or Lenox Avenues
- SUPER easy to get to the apt from the LGA airport via direct M60 bus or from JFK or EWR by subway and of course you can also take a taxi or shuttle
- If you have a car, usually you can find street parking when you arrive and just park your car there during your stay, while you use public transportation Otherwise there is a very affordable lot nearby which is $10/full day.
INCLUDED IN NIGHTLY RATE:
- Towels and linens.
- Cable TV, WIFI, and all utilities.
- No deposit (though if any damage is done you will be held responsible and by making a booking you hereby agree to this).
- No cleaning fee.
CHECK IN/OUT TIMES:
Flexible except if there is another party either checking out on the same day you arrive, or checking in on the same day that you are departing. In which case the check in and out times are as follows:
-Check Out time is 11:00 am
-Check In time is 3:00 pm or later
Due to allergy concerns: No Smoking, No Pets
The house is designed to be used as living space and NOT for parties or events. For this reason, events are NOT allowed in the apartment. An event is a gathering of more than 10 persons -- including guests -- in the house. We consider any gathering of guests (other than the ones who have permission to stay overnight) to be an event. Guests found in violation of this policy will be asked very nicely to please leave and their rental fee will not be returned.
Maximum occupancy is eight persons.
Upon check-out, make sure you have returned to us the belongings that were in the apartment upon arrival, including printer/copier/scanner, linens and towels, visitor guide books, hair dryer, and other items. For the supplies in the apartment, such as spices, coffee, tea, paper products, and detergents, please only use what is needed for your stay and leave the remaining for the next guest.
Please clean your own dishes prior to departure; there is a dishwasher in the apartment.
We were delighted with our choice of holiday rental in Harlem, New York City. Our hosts Elizabeth and William were extremely helpful and welcoming from our initial booking all the way through to organising a taxi for our return trip to the airport. The house is extremely comfortable and well furnished and we felt instantly at home. The bedrooms are nicely spread out over the property and therefore perfect for 3 couples sharing. The showers are great, there are loads of towels & toiletries and the kitchen is well equipped. Harlem is a wonderful safe location, the people very friendly and there are good restaurants and bars nearby as well as a subway (red line), ideal for travelling around the city. There are supermarkets also an easy walk away. If we return we would definitely book this wonderful house again.
Staying at Will and Liz's amazing house was really nice, they were always about if we had any concerns or questions, the beds we had were comfortable, my family really enjoyed their stay, the area is quite friendly considering its Harlem, the neighbour loves chatting to all the guests that arrive, enjoying all the different accents.
Key exchange was seamless and checkout was just as good. I would definetly stay with them again. :-)
William's wife Elizabeth was waiting for us when we arrived and showed us around the house and helped answer questions about the local area, such as directing us to local supermarkets. She was very welcoming and told us to get in touch if we needed any help during our trip.
The house was amazing and a perfect base for our five night stay in NY. We were only 2-3 mins walk from the Subway and a further 10 minutes on the train into central Manhattan. The neighbourhood was very nice and the neighbours were all very friendly and helpful.
Our return flights were not until evening time and Elizabeth was very accommodating in letting us stay way past the normal check-out time. This made for a stress free final day in NY.
Thank you so much for all your help! I would recommend your place to all my friends.
We had a group of 8 stay at William & Elizabeth's house and it was perfect. The house is spacious and very well kept, the area was great with a subway only 2 blocks away and lots of different restaurants and cafe's close by. The back yard is ideal for a group and was great place to hang out at the end of a long day. William & Elizabeth were extremely hospitable and accommodating, had everything we needed and were very helpful with things to do in the area. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a very nice place to stay. Thank you William & Elizabeth!
Vi var 5 vuxna och 3 barn som bodde i lägenheten. Det fungerade jättebra. 3 sovrum (varav ett i källaren) hade 3 riktiga dubbelsängar. En dubbelbäddsoffa i vardagsrummet och en enkelbäddsoffa på övervåningen i hallen. Vi saknade inte någonting. William och Elisabeth är jättebra värdar och var på plats och mötte oss när vi kom från flygplatsen. Dom svarade snabbt på mail om det var något vi undrade över och det var inga problem att förlänga utcheckningen några timmar när vi skulle åka hem.
We took this property for my family of 5 for a week over Easter and it was absolutely ideal. The location was great - a 2 minute walk to the Subway and then only 5 stops to Times Square, plenty of places to eat and get food locally as well.
The space in the house was good and everything was as described - the fourth bedroom is a sofa bed in the TV / Family room but can easily be shut off from the Kitchen / Dining area. The PC and Printer were ideal for booking things online and printing tickets at home as well as catching up on e-mails etc.
William and Elizabeth were great hosts - meeting us at the house to explain the location and show us round the house and they also helped organise our journey to and from JFK in real comfort - well worth it after a long flight !
If you are visiting New York and are looking for a base in a vibrant and friendly area this is certainly one I'd go back to.
Our group of 6 had a very nice stay in New York. William's house is spacious, clean and very comfortable. You get a great kitchen and you can have your breakfast in the sunny backyard.
It's located in a friendly neighborhood, where you'll find a lot of restaurants, supermarkets and shops nearby.
We all highly recommend William's house for your trip to NYC. William is also a friendly host, who cares about his guests very well.
We like to come back!
The apartment is owned and hosted by Will & family. Will is a walking encyclopedia and is privvy to a plethora of little known facts about not only Harlem but all of Manhattan. At times, he has given private tours around the island and enriching the visits of many New York City tourists.
We enjoy hosting travelers in our units, and have accommodated guests from all around the world.
We look forward to creating an enjoyable stay for you in New York City in a smoke free environment!