About this listing
PRIVATE, PRIVATE, PRIVATE. While other rentals in the area have shared space with the owners, this is a single family residence which you can enjoy all to yourself.....
This newly renovated single family home is minutes to San Francisco and the ideal place to stay while visiting the Bay Area.
The house is very comfortable and really is just STEPS away from the beach and GREAT hiking/biking trails. There is a surf board, boogie board and 2 bikes available for you to use.
There are 2 queen beds and a full sized pull out sofa in the house, linens provided.
For those guests who are travelling with children a toddler mattress is available upon request. There is also a pack and play and a high chair on site as well as a variety of toys.
The outside offers a gas bar-b-que and plenty of areas to lounge.
There is complimentary coffee and teas as well as an ocassional box of brownie mix, just help yourself!
With the beach and miles of world class hiking/biking trails just steps from your front door there is no reason to go very far. The Pelican Inn, Zen Center, Slide Ranch and Muir Woods are all with in walking distance.
If you do want to explore it is only a 20 minute drive to the Golden Gate, 10 minutes to Stinson Beach, 40 minutes to Point Reyes and about an hour to wine country.
We are happy and excited to share any information about the area with you. Just let us know what you want to know and how we can make this the BEST stay for you.
We feel so lucky to be a part of this community and hope to share a bit of this paradise with you.
Come discover The Pearl of Muir Beach.....
Please be respectful of our home and neighbors. Quiet after 10 pm please.
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. PST AND CHECK-OUT IS 11 A.M. PST.
2. This is a NON SMOKING unit.
3. Pets are not permitted in rental units under any conditions.
4. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage/reservation deposit of $150 is required. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met. a. No damage is done to unit or its contents. b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay. c. All keys are left on the desk and unit is left locked. d. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure. e. No linens are lost or damaged. f. NO Early check-in or late check-out. g. The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement.
5. Guest is responsible and liable for the cost of any damages beyond the security deposit.
6. PAYMENT - Please pay entire rent due at time of reservation.
7. CANCELLATIONS -Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests is limited to six (6) persons. No parties please....
9. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE - While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate however is available at an additional rate.
10. RATE CHANGES - Rates subject to change prior to contracting only.
11. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
12. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
Angie's Grandfather moved from Italy to Muir Beach pre world war II. He was a farmer and purchased several hundred acres of land in Muir Beach. Her Grandfather, Father and Uncle farmed several areas Marin, but it was here in Muir Beach that they real established their business. They had great success in farming cut flowers such as iris and tulips. The purple heather they planted in the 1960's still covers the hill side and makes for a great photo around the month of March. You can even hike on the Heather Cut Off Trail, about 1.2 miles of switchbacks that start at the Muir Beach Picnic Grounds.
Jes also grew up in Muir Beach. His Father is the Fire Chief and co-founder of the Muir Beach Volunteer Fire Department. Our local fire department consists of dedicated neighbors and friends. The Fire Department holds an annual fundraiser the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend at the Muir Beach Picnic Grounds. It is a VERY FUN PARTY with lots of eat, drink and dance.
We bought 180 Pacific Way from the Leal family. Tony Leal and his wife Katie both came from families of local portuguese dairymen. In his day Tony had a beautiful terraced garden that was even equipped with an electric wheelbarrow!
We know the area very well and would love to share our knowledge with you!