About this listing
Short term rentals in a 1907 multi-family heritage building available 10 minutes from the city center, this apartment with private kitchen and bathroom is the ideal place to relax after a day of sight-seeing.
Attic flats have particular charms. You can enjoy the view of the city center, the cathedral and the historical city hall from the balcony and the 76 step climb up the staircase can be your daily workout.
It sleeps 2: the king-sized bed measures 78" by 72" and has 2 separate matresses. Comfortable for 2 people. A third an easily be accommodated with a matress on the floor.
The kitchen is fully equipped an has a dining table; the bathroom has a shower; there is a TV in the main room.
I acess 2 rooms that I keep for my personal use via the apartment entrance. The apartment has a communal balcony, accesseble from the shared staicase 1/2 storey down.
I request that you remove your shoes before entering the apartment.
Before leaving the apartment, please make sure to:
- close all windows (in case of rain)
- turn the heating down (scale 1) if you will be out for more than a short time
- be shure to turn the house key twice when locking the door (many thanks)
- at your departure, leave the key with us, your hosts, or drop it in the mailbox
Interaction with Guests
I will gladly share my 30 years' experience of the city, its life, its surrounding and its culture. Of particular importance is that I use the adjoining room to work in and as a retreat. You can signal your presence in the apartment to me by using the laminated " green or red poster" provided.
City center. 10 minutes by foot from the heart of the city; 5 minutes from the carolus thermes and city park. 3 minutes from the Ludwig Forum- museum. 10 minutes by foot from the Frankenberger quater.
Within sight of Europaplatz (highway entrance).
There is a bus stop 2 minutes aay which brings you to the city center and all transit connections.
Bicycle- friendly (storage in locked basement available).
Düsseldorf, Maastricht an Liège easily accessible via public transit.
Other Things to Note
Breakfast available upon request. Individual and daily rates can be arranged based on thr type of breakfast you prefer.
If you bring your own bed covers and towles, I will re-imburse you 2.50€ per person. Bed sheets are provided.
Completely ordinary rules:
- please remove your shoes - slippers are provided (thank you!)
- air out the bathroom after showering.
- sort the garbage...I will gladly explain.
- let us know if anything is broken; ask when you are not sure.
- Pets: unfortunately I have allergies to animal dander and cannot tolerate furry friends in the apartment.
- no smoking in the apartment. Smoking is permitted on the balcony.