About this listing
Located in West Los Angeles/ Westwood area. Close to 405 fwy, 9 miles north of LAX. 1.5 miles away from UCLA, close to Santa Monica, Century City. Right off of Santa Monica Blvd. and close to many shops and restaurants.
The apartment is spacious and clean. The location is great for someone who needs easy access to UCLA, Century City or Santa Monica. The roommates are respectful, easy going, and very busy so you will have a lot of private time in the apartment. You are free to use anything in the shared space or eat anything I cook/ wine or beverages that I have. There is a TV with Apple TV on it so you can watch Netflix or Hulu.
I have just a few rules. Please be quiet in the evenings and mornings when I am asleep (I am a light sleeper and will not be able to sleep if you are making noise). Please take your shoes off at the door.
I have a 3 bedroom apartment. Even if the apartment is booked the days you want it, I may have another room that you can stay in. So if you are interested, send me a message and we can figure something out. Thanks!
Kitchen (you can use all the dishes, pots, pans or anything in the kitchen). Oven, dishwasher, coffee pot, toaster, juicer--anything in the kitchen you are free to use. There is a nice table for you to sit and enjoy your meal. The living room is spacious, has comfortable sofas and a TV for you to watch Hulu or Netflix. There is high speed wifi internet throughout the apartment. You have your own bedroom and bathroom, with a queen sized bed, dresser, large closet, toilet, and shower.
If you need anything to make your stay comfortable, like more blankets, pillows, or whatever, feel free to ask and I will try to accommodate you!
Interaction with Guests
I am a grad student full time and work in the afternoons about 35-40 hours per week. When I have time, I love to cook and have a nice meal together or we can go out for a drink/sushi if you ever want some company. I also love to watch films in my free time so I would love to watch a movie during the weekend, either at home or in the movie theatre. I can recommend great places to see in Los Angeles, give you transportation tips, provide restaurants to check out (I love food!).
The neighborhood is safe, clean, and within walking distance of many great things like coffee, restaurants, and stores. There is a vintage store and Bevmo within a 2 minute walk of the apartment.
Close to UCLA in a peaceful residential area--ideal for graduate students/postdocs/professionals who do not want to be cramped into the Westwood Village area.
There is a Big Blue Bus and Metro Line stop that is within a 5 minute walk of the apartment.
Other Things to Note
I am easy going but busy. If you have specific questions, feel free to email me at (email hidden).
Quiet during sleeping hours--11pm to 9am
Take shoes off at the door
No smoking in the apartment
Yuka is very nice but busy so we didn't see each other much during my 5 night stay. The bedroom and half bath were what I needed during my apartment moving transition. I feel safe at the neighborhood.
1. Yuka was responsive to text messages prior to the arrival. She was able to provide key information regarding transportation around the area.
2. The room that I stayed in was not the same room shown in the pictures on AirBnB. When I arrived, the bed and the room didn't seem visibly ready. According to Yuka, she had not washed the bed linen so the bed was not made yet. The room also did not appeared vacuumed. After a 20 hour long haul flight and in serious need of sleep, that was a tad disappointing to hear. Nevertheless, I was too tired and took a nap on the unmade bed while Yuka put the linen in the laundry. When I woke up, she had left the house so I needed to make the bed myself.
3. The room can become quite stuffy so I tended to open the windows slightly for ventilation.
4. As the bathroom is shared with Yuka in the adjacent room, she only allowed me to use the bathroom for showering purposes. A towel was provided by Yuka. All other activities (i.e. brushing teeth, washing up, using the toiletbowl) had to be done in the other toilet outside of the room. This was not aligned with the description on Airbnb that guests would "have their own bathroom" and posed some inconvenience. On the last night, Yuka's boyfriend(?) had accidentally locked the bathroom on my side so I had to text Yuka who was not home at that point to ask for help. Thankfully, she could direct me to an extra set of keys to open the bathroom door via her room or it would not have been possible for me to shower that night.
5. There was no cleaning done for the bedroom or the toilets during the week I stayed. Since Airbnb charges a cleaning fee, I would have expected some cleaning to be done.
6. The neighbourhood is quiet, had some good eateries nearby and appeared safe to me. It was convenient for my purpose of visiting UCLA for a week. However, I would not recommend it for visitors intending to do the usual touristy activities in L.A where a more central location in Hollywood / downtown L.A would be more accessible via public transport.
7. As I was in L.A for a specific purpose to attend a training, leaving the house every day at 8.30am and returning at 8 / 9pm, my interactions with Yuka were limited but cordial.
I found the listing to be misleading, there was a tv but it wasn't plugged into anything and wouldn't turn on. Also, a cleaning person (even just once a month) would greatly improve the experience the situation in the bathrooms. The listing should also advertise that there are other people staying in the small apartment so I believe privacy is quite limited. Lastly, I wish I had known this before my stay, the owner didn't tell me but the girl who stayed in my room before me had her window broken and people stole her things and laptop. BECAREFUL!!!
Yuka was nice and the room itself was amazing, the private room was bigger than I expected and it was definitely worth the price. It was absolutely a great experience to stay at this place.
Yuka was a very pleasant host. We didn't see much of each other, but I felt very at ease in the flat. The area is calm and I felt very safe there. I'd love to stay again if I'm ever back in LA.
This host has 10 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Yuka
I love all types of food, film, literature, and data! I am very curious and passionate about life. I love to socialize, meet new people, and look forward to new experiences.