About this listing
You'll get to enjoy a newly furnished bedroom just for our airbnb guests! Also enjoy the PRIVATE BATHROOM we have for you. We have lived in the home for several years and have put a lot of love in the home. This is a great base for your Miami visit.
This is a new bedroom we furnished just for airbnb. The bedroom is downstairs and it's the only bedroom downstairs in the home. You will have a queen size bed, fresh linens, night stand, dresser, a chair, ladies vanity, a 37' TV with cable, a ceiling fan, a walk in closet and access to our PRIVATE BATHROOM downstairs. If you are 2 couples or 4 guests traveling together, we do have a queen size air mattress to accommodate up to 4 people in this room.
With this room you also have a private entry and exit to our outdoor covered patio that leads to our backyard, see the pictures for details.
Your stay with us will include:
- Complimentary wifi
- Complimentary TV with cable
- limited access to kitchen for heating things up and storing items in the refrigerator.
- Complimentary Access to washer and dryer
- Access to back yard private patio and BBQ area
- Complimentary car parking
Interaction with Guests
You will be renting a bedroom within our home that we live in. We have 3 bedrooms on airbnb. You will get to meet us and also possibly other travelers as well. We are recent empty nesters now and we decided to give airbnb a try. We can give you as much privacy as you need, or we can interact with you, we have plenty of stories to share. We'll follow your lead.
The neighborhood is a suburb of Miami called the Hammocks. We are at 5 minutes to WEST KENDAL BAPTIST HOSPITAL There are plenty of restaurants nearby along with retail shopping. The home is a great base for you while visiting beautiful Miami. The location of the home is in a private and safe neighborhood. See below to where the home is situated to popular areas in Miami. If you have a car with you this is a perfect place for your visit to Miami at a great value!
We recommend that you rent a car to get around. The public transportation in Miami is not the best and adds a lot of travel time to your destination. There are buses and metro rail, however if you're on foot message us to see what you want to do and we can recommend our place or not. We'll be straight forward and upfront with you. Your vacation time is precious and you do not want to wait for a bus to get to your destination.
Also there are new ride sharing apps now servicing Miami. Simply download on your smartphone the following apps:
UBER or LYFT
Create your profile and here are free credits you can have simply using these companies for the 1st time:
Uber - "SFJYP"
Lyft - "javier424"
The home is near the following areas based on travel time in a car. Only disclaimer is that MIAMI TRAFFIC IS UNPREDICTABLE. Also note if you're renting a car get the toll option there are a lot of tolls in Miami on the highways.
- CVS Pharmacy - 2 minutes
- Walmart - 2 minutes
- West Kendall Baptist Hospital - 3 minutes
- Ross - 4 minutes
- Target - 4 minutes
- Barry University South Campus - 7 minutes
- King Jesus International Ministry / Ministerio Internacional El Rey Jesus - 10 minutes
- Tamiami Airport 10 minutes
- Nova Southeastern - 11 minutes
- Turnpike Kendall exit - 13 minutes
- Miccosukee Resort & Gaming - 14 minutes
- Miami Dade College Kendall Campus - 15 minutes
- Baptist Hospital - 16 minutes
- Dolphin Mall - 20 minutes
- Matheson Hammock Park & Marine - 20 minutes
- Fairfield Tropical Botanic Garden - 20 minutes
- Dadeland Mall - 22 minutes
- Everglades National Park - 22 minutes
- Doral Golf & Country Club - 23 minutes
- The Falls shopping area - 24 minutes
- University of Miami - 28 minutes
- Little Havana - 28 minutes
- Coconut Grove - 29 minutes
- Miami International Airport - 30 minutes
- Downtown Miami - 32 minutes
- Parrot Jungle - 33 minutes
- Bayside - 34 minutes
- South Beach - 37 minutes
- Crandon Park in Key Biscayne - 44 minutes
- Sawgrass Mills Mall - 44 minutes
- Key Largo - 56 minutes
Other Things to Note
If you would like to reserve this room. PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS in your initial inquiry or if you're an "instant booker." This is to help understand your stay with us and manage expectations.
- What's the purpose of your trip?
- Did you see the house rules and are you ok with them?
- Will you have a car rental with you? If so there's free parking in our drive way or across the street.
- If it's 3 or 4 guests for this room, are you ok with the 2nd bed as a queen size air mattress?
Hope we can host you!
- No smoking inside the home, outside only.
- Please no drugs or excessive drinking alcohol.
- Please be tidy if cooking in the kitchen, wash pots and pans and place dishes in the dishwasher.
- Please no eating in the bedroom. Have had guests accidentally stain the sheets with food.
- Please lock the door after you leave the home or after when you come in.
- If you do not have your ID verified on airbnb you'll need to show your ID at checkin.
- Only registered guests are allowed in the home, please no other outside guests who are not part of the reservation.
- if you come across any issues during your stay do not hesitate to bring it to our attention.
If you have any questions never hesitate to ask us.
From Jun 1 - Aug 31, 2016 the minimum stay is 2 nights.
I'm Olimpia and my husband is Ismael! We have been hosting guests since October of 2013. We are originally from Peru but have lived in Miami for over 30 years. We have 3 grown children and we're empty nesters. Our son introduced us to airbnb and we decided to give this site a try to host travelers coming through! So far we have had a wonderful experience of meeting so many different people from all over the world, check out our reviews. We look forward to welcoming you to our home in Miami and share wonderful tips about our great city!
If you're traveling up to Orlando, check out our son's place: https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/1351362
Here are some helpful free credits to:
Taxi's, if you've never used the phone app before. Download the app create a new profile and enter these promo codes below for your free credits.
Uber, $20 promo code: SFJYP
Lyft, $20 promo code: javier424
We hope we can host you!