About this listing
Spacious Private terrace cave-suite, in Firostefani village, only 10min walk from "Fira" town. Cool during summer, with glossy black floor and white walls is a magical getaway! Even while in the bath-tab gazing endless & unblocked caldera views!
"Sounscape" cave studio feel's like a big "Hug" the round room give's you that warm feeling. The studio has organic and minimalistic black & white look. Cool during summer, with glossy black floor and white walls is a magical getaway for two! Caldera views even while in the bath-tab, with a huge window overlooking the "caldera" bay. The private terrace makes it a junior suite with endless unblocked views!
Imagine the view being 255 meters above sea level, on top of the unique volcanic tip of caldera, looking out at the spectacular crater island "Kameni", "Nea Kameni" & "Thirassia". "Soundscape" has a prime location with uninterrupted view to the Aegean, is just ten minutes' walk from the main town of Fira on the outskirts of the town Firostefani village, often referred to as one of islands best kept secrets. Peaceful yet so close to Fira town.
The studio has apart from the double bedroom, a kitchenette and a cave bathroom. Out in the big private terrace there are sun-beds and private dinning aria available with unblocked spectacular «caldera» views and amazing sunsets!
Interaction with Guests
Discrete interaction with guests. Hostess is around premises twice a day and online 24/7.
Easy access to all amenities, including the local market for shopping, fresh fish and local products and many some of the islands best restaurants for eating out.
Just 2 min from the studio is Mylos bar, Ginger sushi restaurant, il Cantuccio italian and Akti traditional Greek tavern and many more. Just 10 min walk to Fira town there are 3-4 night clubs, many bars and restaurants. So you needn't drive at night. All walking distance near the center yet not in the panic of the town!
Hot Spots of Santorini :
1) Akrotiri area & walk around ancient 3 storey's high Prehistoric buildings!!
2) Prehistoric Museum and try to picture the houses, the furniture and the marvelous wall-paintings...
3) Ancient Thera town where king Thera’s reigned
4) famous Oia village sunset at the castle
5) Venetian Pyrgos village
6) wineries to learn the secrets of exquisite aromas
7) Swim in Perissa black volcanic beach or discover the red beach & get to know why Santorini is voted the No1 destination worldwide!
There is frequent bus schedule during summertime with destination to all points of interest on the island.
The big parking lot in Firostefani is free, is only 2min from studio.
From the harbor of "Athinios" or the airport of Santorini you need to come to:
St. Gerasimos church in "Firostefani" village
Once in front of the church, turn towards the Caldera bay with the spectacular view.
1. Start descending down the steps towards «Manos small world» hotel and pass it,
2. When you see Agali hotel’s door turn LEFT then pass the 4 big palm tree’s house and it is just the next house the green door to your Left!
Other Things to Note
It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes and bring a light jacket or a windbreaker. It tends to get chilly after sunset. Cobblestone traditional paths and steps in all villages, high heels might damage your feet. All clean linen and towels are provided! As well as local "Nychteri" welcome wine, water, orange juice and filter coffee.
• Water is precious, there are no natural springs on this island. Tap WATER is desalination water from sea water. It cannot cause you any infection but it contains too much salt. It is advised to drink bottled mineral water.
• Santorini has a delicate sewage system, please do not flush any toilet paper or rubbish, use the special bin provided. Waste bin is just next to the toilet, It may sound odd but last year a guest flushed underwear and expect it to miraculously disappear! Naturally it created a blockage that took two days to fix! Help us keep the sewage system running!
• For HOT water please pull up the ‘BOILER’ levier [RED light ON], wait for max 20 min then turn it OFF & you are ready to take a hot shower!
• SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED INDOORS.
• Towels and sheets are to be used only in your studio. Please do not take them to the beach. It requires double the amount of energy and washing powder to clean them of the salt water and sand.