Oceanfront 1 bedroom condo. Recently renovated with a relaxed, open, contemporary, zen vibe. You have the entire condo to yourself (not a shared rental). Quiet, safe building and area with the following amenities:
* Queen size bed with new 3" memory foam gel mattress topper
* HDTV with cable TV
* Wireless internet
* Washer & dryer in unit
* Covered assigned parking
* Large lanai with a view overlooking the neighboring jungle/forest...nice place to drink coffee in the morning or have a drink in the evening (there's only a peek-a-boo view of the ocean from the lanai)
* Swimming pool on site
* Full kitchen with utensils, pots, pan, dishes, coffee maker, rice cooker, etc., for your use
* Full bathroom (shower only, no tub)
Great place to call home while exploring the magnificent Big Island. Take a 5 minute walk to a great little place to swim in the ocean, where you will almost certainly see turtles. Or walk along a path in front of the building to cool tide pools. Nice locally owned restaurant with fresh fish a couple hundred yards away. The condo is located on the bus route, but a car is recommended to be able to fully explore Hilo and the rest of the island (and because the bus system is rather limited). 10 minutes from Hilo airport, 5 minutes from downtown Hilo (with its great farmer's market), 30 minute drive to Volcanoes National Park, 1 1/2 hours to Kona. Explore the island or just kick back and relax. Way nicer than hotels in the area--and you have your own kitchen.
Some additional things you should know:
* The place is best suited for 1-2 people.
* The place does not have air conditioning (most homes in Hilo do not have AC). However, there is an oscillating fan. It can get a bit warm during the summer months.
* The coqui frogs can be loud at night (they sound like birds) so take that into consideration if you are a light sleeper. Though it doesn't bother most people, there are earplugs available or you could bring your own.
* I travel frequently for work but am often at the condo on weekends, so there's a good chance the place might not be available over a weekend--but feel free to inquire about stays over a weekend period.
* Since I (email hidden) when not traveling, there won't be much space in the closet or cupboards for your things.
* Parking on-site (covered)
* Swimming pool
Beach community along the waterfront with quaint little beach parks.
There is a public bus and the place is on the bus route. However, it doesn't run too frequently. I would recommend renting a car--there's so much to see on the Big Island! Taxis are available from the airport.
My husband and I had a fantastic time staying at Jim's place! The apartment was nicely decorated and comfortable. We loved having (email hidden) to come home to after spending our days out exploring Hilo and the area. The apartment is conveniently located near ocean parks (Richardson was our faveorite.) Jim (email hidden) and made sure we had everything we needed. We would stay there again in a heartbeat. Thank you, Jim!
Place was great and Jim is an amazing host. He gave very easy instructions and even left us a little welcome gift when we arrived. He is also extremely attentive, we had a couple questions and he answered them almost immediately.
On the unit:
- Modern and very comfortable, super close to the airport and well located for day trips. We went to Volcano National Park (about 45 minutes) and west coast beaches (1.5-2 hours). Not a ton to do in the immediate area, but exploring the tide pools outside the building was great, they are beautiful.
- On the downside, it is a little hot and the frogs at night are kind of loud, but he discloses this. The fan and shutting the outside door solved both problems
Jim has a really nice and clean apartment close to the airport. I didn't get a chance to see much nearby as I was mostly driving to other parts of the island. I used the kitchen to make food from the grocery store and it was really nice. Great stove.
Beautiful and well maintained apartment! We had a great stay. Location is good if you want to be a short drive from the volcano park. Pretty view of the jungle from the lanai. The frogs did not bother us when sleeping.
The designer Condo is really great! We just stayed for one night but we enjoyed every second. The balcony with its view is absolutely stunning. Close to the airport, definitely recommendable. We would come again!!! Thanks, Jim!
My husband and I stayed at this condo and had such a wonderful time. Jim had his condo in great condition... Very neat and tidy. The very modern room had a very comfy bed and good shower. We could hear frogs and birds throughout the day and night which was so nice!!! The local beach 2 mins walk away was the nicest beach we could find anywhere. We swam and snorkelled. We even got to swim with a turtle!!! We had such a great time and would recommend to anyone who likes to relax near the water or wants to travel to the little towns for delicious meals or even venture up to the volcano national park.
Thanks Jim we had a great time here :)
Jim's apartment is absolutely immaculate! I walked in the door, and it smelled so fresh and clean. Everything was in it's place....extremely neat. Even every piece of silverware was neatly in place. I loved the modern decor. It (email hidden) for my daughter and I. He responded to every question promptly. He (email hidden)e apartment itself has a beautiful view of the rain forest from the lanai...huge lanai by the way. The bed was very comfortable, beautiful kitchen...we never had a chance to cook on the stove though as we were there for the Merrie Monarch Festival and spent most of the time away from the apartment. The apartment was extremely clean which my daughter and I truly appreciated. Loved it. Mahalo nui loa, Jim, for your hospitality. Me ke aloha, Laureen :)
Jims condo was beautiful. It was everything described, clean and tidy. The frogs did not wake us up. I was so happy when we opened the door and walked in. Looks even better in real life than in the pictures....I would highly recommend staying hear. If we come back to Hilo one day I would not hesitate in staying hear again. Thanks Jim :-)
Beautiful place to stay! Jim's condo is really well maintained, very clean and comfortable. Jim was very helpful and easy to communicate invite. A great area to stay also. The frogs were lovely too :)
Jim's Condo is absolutely beautiful. I really enjoyed the contemporary design. It's comfortable and relaxing with a large deck overlooking a profusion of Hawaiian plants and trees. The location is only a short drive from the airport and convenient to city center. We spent our last night of vacation here. It was a perfect fanfare to our wonderful exploration of the Big Island. Thanks, Jim....for a delightful stay.
P.S. We dined at the Ponds Restaurant nearby. It has a cozy Hawaiian atmosphere and absolutely delicious food. For a special treat try the"flaming" Volcano cocktail. It's big enough for two people to share!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT