About this listing
Modern, contemporary clean condo on the ocean. Great place to relax and use as a base to sightsee on the island. 30 day minimum required; rates for additional nights beyond 30 days negotiable.
Oceanfront 1 bedroom condo. Recently renovated with a relaxed, open, contemporary, zen vibe. You have the entire condo to yourself (not a shared rental). Quiet, safe building and area with the following amenities:
* Queen size bed with new 3" memory foam gel mattress topper
* HDTV with cable TV
* Wireless internet
* Washer & dryer in unit
* Covered assigned parking
* Large lanai with a view overlooking the neighboring jungle/forest...nice place to drink coffee in the morning or have a drink in the evening (there's only a peek-a-boo view of the ocean from the lanai)
* Swimming pool on site
* Full kitchen with utensils, pots, pan, dishes, coffee maker, rice cooker, etc., for your use
* Full bathroom (shower only, no tub)
Great place to call home while exploring the magnificent Big Island. Take a 5 minute walk to a great little place to swim in the ocean, where you will almost certainly see turtles. Or walk along a path in front of the building to cool tide pools. Nice locally owned restaurant with fresh fish a couple hundred yards away. The condo is located on the bus route, but a car is recommended to be able to fully explore Hilo and the rest of the island (and because the bus system is rather limited). 10 minutes from Hilo airport, 5 minutes from downtown Hilo (with its great farmer's market), 30 minute drive to Volcanoes National Park, 1 1/2 hours to Kona. Explore the island or just kick back and relax. Way nicer than hotels in the area--and you have your own kitchen.
Some additional things you should know:
* The place is best suited for 1-2 people.
* The place does not have air conditioning (most homes in Hilo do not have AC). However, there is an oscillating fan. It can get a bit warm during the summer months.
* The coqui frogs can be loud at night (they sound like birds) so take that into consideration if you are a light sleeper. Though it doesn't bother most people, there are earplugs available or you could bring your own.
* I travel frequently for work but am often at the condo on weekends, so there's a good chance the place might not be available over a weekend--but feel free to inquire about stays over a weekend period.
* Since I live at the place when not traveling, there won't be much space in the closet or cabinets for your things.
* Free parking on-site (covered)
* Swimming pool
Interaction with Guests
I probably won't be available to meet you when you check in. But I will be available by phone, text or email during your stay if needed. In addition, I'm happy to answer any questions you might have before your arrival as you plan your visit.
Beach community along the waterfront with quaint little beach parks.
There is a public bus and the place is on the bus route. However, it doesn't run too frequently. I would recommend renting a car--there's so much to see on the Big Island! Taxis are available from the airport. Uber not available in Hilo (yet?).
Other Things to Note
Bath & beach towels, shampoo, body wash, hair dryer, iron & small portable ironing board (in closet), cooler provided
Quiet hours from 10 pm - 8 am. No smoking inside condo. No pets.
About the Host, Jim
Professional guy who often travels for business. Very respectful of others' space. Reliable, clean, easygoing. Interests include swimming, running, triathlon, traveling, film, reading.