About this listing
Lovely 1 bedroom in Hell's Kitchen. Steps away from Restaurant Row and Times Square.
Amenities- to name a few:
- Free Wifi and Internet
- Towels & Linens for each guest
- Full Kitchen
Quiet and tranquil space in the midst of all the hub-bub. Always wonderful to come home to after a long day of walking and walking and walking some more! I will do everything to make your stay convenient, fun, and relaxing.
3rd Floor walk-up (2 flights up). The stairwell is large and open and well maintained.
The apartment accommodates 3 people comfortably- 1 Full bed in bedroom + 1 Daybed in living room. There is underbed storage for smaller suitcases.
There is 1 bathroom in the main bedroom- shower + sink + toilet.
There are A/C window units in the living room and bedroom during the Summer. The apartment is kept toasty warm with steam-heat risers + radiators in the Winter.
I keep basics groceries in stock for when guests check-in (Tea, Pasta, Snacks, Juice, Milk).
There are only a few outlets in the apartment- I will point them out when checking in.
The bathroom is on the smaller side- but at least it's not in the living room!
The living room has many books and DVDs at your disposal (pls make sure to leave them in the apartment when you Check-Out!)
The apartment is professionally cleaned before your arrival.
Also- apartment is exceptionally quiet as it faces the back garden. The windows are large and the greenery is lovely in the spring time.
I have compiled a Check-In binder that includes neighborhood details & locations (grocery stores, liquor stores, pharmacies, yummy eateries).
- 100% private apartment + your own set of keys
- Free Wifi and Internet
- Fully equipped & functional kitchen
- Microwave Oven
- HDTV + Cable
- Apple TV + DVD/BluRay player
- Towels for each guest (pls advise guest # so I can provide enough towels)
- Paper Towels + Toilet Paper + Dish Towels
- Soap + Shampoo + Toothpaste
- Ceramic Hairdryer
- Kingsdown Pillowtop Mattress = awesome sleep. Enjoy!
- Clean linens + extra blankets and pillows
- Iron + Ironing pad
- Basic Office Supplies (pens + paper + tape + scissors) for those creative moments!
- Printer/Scanner available—let me know ahead of time if you need this and I will set it up
- Garden patio on ground level
- Street parking is available and there are garages located within a few blocks as well.
- Amazing restaurants and cafes in the neighborhood
Interaction with Guests
Always available to ask for directions and suggestions!
I love that you can be from anywhere and still feel like you have come home. One of the most exciting areas in the city- you will enjoy experiencing the life of a New Yorker.
Apartment is close to Times Square, Broadway Shows, Shopping, Restaurants and the Subway.
Close to 1, 2, 3, 7, N, A, C, E and Q subway stations.
1. CHECK-IN time is flexible starting @ 1pm (if there isn’t a guest before you). CHECK-OUT time is also flexible starting @ 11am. Please keep me updated on your itinerary to work out check-in/check-out details + schedule cleaning crew!
2. This is a NON-SMOKING apartment.
3. Please check with me regarding types of dogs allowed in the apartment. No kitties permitted- sorry!
4. Keys are left on the kitchen counter and unit is left locked (including windows). **There is a $100.00 lost key charge.
5. MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the apartment, daily maid service is not provided. I hire a professional cleaner before/after each stay and I do not charge for cleaning.
6. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to
forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
7. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
8. HURRICANE OR STORM POLICY – partial refunds will be given in the event of a hurricane or storm.
9. No roof access permitted.
10. The building does recycle... I ask that you take out trash and recycling when checking out. Recycling rules included with Check-In material.
11. GARDEN PATIO ACCESS-- please keep noise volume to a minimum at all times. You are a guest of the building and should be exceedingly respectful of all of our wonderful neighbors!
**Do not use patio after 11pm.
Jesse was waiting to greet us and had done a lot of preparation to assist us with settling in to her apartment and also negotiating the neighbourhood. She was very generous with leaving toiletries and basic catering provisions, but had also provided juice, bread, butter, milk and eggs, so our first few days were provided for. The apartment was close to great restaurants and also the entertainment district. We walked home from our chosen shows in less than 15 minutes. The apartment was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was cramped, but probably standard for New York. The only difficulty we had with the apartment was the stairs, they were steep and there were two sets to negotiate. Fortunately we had assistance when moving in. This shouldn't be a deterrent; we are in an older age bracket and younger guests would be fine. Jesse was easy to communicate with and was always quick to respond with answers to any questions. She left ample towels, etc and the kitchen was well equipped. The apartment had two air conditioners.
We were made to feel completely welcome by the thought Jesse puts in to every detail. There was food and coffee, toiletries for our use and the most comfortable bed ever! A well organised folder has all the local information that a guest needs. Jesse is 100% reliable and very responsive to communication. The apartment is exactly as it is pictured and described and you couldn't have a better location. We can't wait to return. Thanks Jesse!
Jesse is an exceptional host providing great service allowing us to arrive and depart at varied times. She also provided lots staples and extras for us in the kitchen. The area is very close to theatre district and great restaurants so can just walk everywhere. Subway a little further but new line coming to Hells Kitchen. Allowed 4 people for few days so very comfortable.
Very quiet appt facing back courtyard- no noise. Tx Jesse.
Nous avons passé un séjour parfait a New York auquel l'appartement de Jesse a fortement contribué! Tout ce qui est nécessaire est à notre disposition et Jesse a veillé à ce que nous ne manquions de rien. L'appartement est décoré avec goût de manière cosy. La chambre donnant sur la court arrière est très calme (nous avons pu dormir la fenêtre ouverte)! C'était un plaisir de s'y reposer après nos longues journées de marche. La localisation est parfaite nous avions accès à tous types de commerces et étions à proximité de nombreux sites. Je conseil vivement cet appartement et sa propriétaire qui sont tous 2 charmants!!!
We hebben met ons gezin een heerlijke week gehad in New York. Het appartement van Jesse is prima centraal gelegen op loopafstand van Times Square en van alle gemakken voorzien. Wij waren met zijn vieren en dat was wat krap. Een persoon moest op een matras op de grond slapen. Ook de badkamer is nogal krap. Maar dat zal niet ongebruikelijk zijn in New York. Jesse is een uitstekende gastvrouw en doet er alles aan om het naar je zin te maken. Ze had zelfs al een welkomstpakket boodschappen voor ons klaargezet!
Jesse was easy to communicate with, right from booking, up until we checked out. Our flight was delayed a few hours, Jesse waited patiently for us. Apartment is small, but normal in NYC standards. Our friends were staying down the road in a hotel half the size and more expensive. Apartment is nice and cozy with all the amenities you need. Jesse left a folder of her favourite locals shops, you must go to Amy's bakery! Great location, only 3 blocks from times square and subway station. We loved the location in Hells Kitchen and would definitely recommend to a single person or couple. We will definitely stay here again when we next visit New York City. Thanks Jesse x
Nous avons passé un merveilleux séjour chez Jesse, elle est aux petits soins pour vous.............. ! A notre arrivée tardive, nous avions de la nourritures pour toute notre famille. L'appartement est petit, mais oh combien chaleureux et vraiment vraiment bien placée , entre les lignes de métro et Time Square, il est aussi dans un quartier calme, le matin vous pourrez entendre les oiseaux !!!
Un séjour des plus réussi ...............!
La famille Merlin
About the Host, Jesse
I am a fashion industry professional who loves to work work work!
I also love my apartment- but I travel alot for my job and hate to think of it empty for weeks at a time. I have lived in NYC for 16 years and cannot imagine life anywhere else!