About this listing
Sapphire Resorts-Penang Island Holiday Apartment is located at Batu Ferringhi Penang, one of the most popular destinations in Penang Island. It is located within walking distance of the Batu Ferringhi beach, restaurants, night market and stores. The perfect place to explore the city of Penang.
Ideal for couples, children, family & friends' gathering or getaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday work, a place to relax and just indulge in the beautiful and peaceful environment. Wake up to an amazing sunrise view at the balcony and settle down at night to an awesome sunset view from the balcony.
When you arrive, you will find:
a) 1st bedroom, 1x double bed + en-suite with bathtub + air-con + fan
b) 2nd bedroom, 1x double bed + air-con + fan
c) 3rd bedroom, 1x single bed + low single bed + air-con + fan
d) The living hall is equipped with a SMART TV and an ASTRO satellite TV decoder. The ASTRO TV channels include Asian Food Channel, AXN, National Geographic, Disney Junior channels, FOX sports channel, Astro SuperSport channels etc.
e) Well-equipped kitchen with crockery, induction cooker, microwave oven, electric kettle, toaster, rice cooker
f) Wifi is provided (free wireless internet) and SMART TV can be used for web surfing
g) Washing machine, iron and ironing board are available
Strategically located and it is:
- 15 mins walk to the beach and access to variety water sport activities such as parasailing, windsurfing, Jet Ski, riding banana boat, beach volley ball etc. Speedboats are available for rent to explore uninhabited islands of Song Pulau Telur off Batu Ferringhi, Pulau Bidan and Pulau Song, where you can enjoy fishing and snorkeling.
- 15 mins walk from 5 star resorts like Holiday Inn Penang, Parkroyal Penang Resort and more
- 15 mins walk to the legendary night market (bazaar)
- 15 mins walk to the local cuisine in Long Beach Cafe Penang, The Ship, Golden Thai Seafood restaurant, Ferringhi Garden and more
- Short drive from Tropical Spice Garden, Escape Theme Park, Adventure Zone, Teluk Bahang dam, Butterfly Farm, Hydro Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, Hard Rock Cafe, Lone Pine Hotel, Shangri-la Hotel, Golden Sands Hotel, KFC, McDonald's and more
- Abt 30 mins drive to jetty port, Swettenham Pier Cruise Terminal for boarding at the Star Cruise liners and Georgetown Heritage site
Access to communal facilities are just a few steps below at the ground floor: Swimming pool, Gym, Children’s playground, Tennis court and BBQ pit.
If you would like to plan for some tours or even rent a car, let us know and we can assist in preparing all the necessary information. Let this be a wonderful and relaxing holiday for you and your family / friends!
New attractions in Penang:
1) Penang’s Street Art - An Attraction of Its Own
In conjunction with Penang’s Georgetown Festival, Lithuanian artist, Ernest Zacharevic was commissioned to paint a series of street art in a project called “Mirrors of George Town”
The project consists of 6 to 12 large-scale wall paintings strategically placed within the core heritage zone of George Town. To date, there is a total of 7 playful paintings depicting children, and everyday life in Penang. Zacharevic’s artworks are cheeky, funny and fascinating, attracting many.
2) Occupy Beach Street (every Sunday)
Location: Lebuh Pantai, Lebuh Bishop, Lebuh Gereja & Gat Lebuh Gereja
Time: 7:00AM – 1:00PM
Project Occupy Beach Street initiatives temporarily close streets to automobile traffic so that people may use them for healthy and fun physical activities like walking, jogging, biking dancing and social activities.
Project Occupy Beach Street divides the current “Car Free Day” into 4 unique Zones. Each different zone will be supported by different activities.
3) Traditional Trades in George Town Discovery Walk (Every second Saturday of the month)
Location: GTWHI office at 116 & 118, Lebuh Acheh, tour conducted in English. There will be a fee of RM20 per person
Time: 9.30am – 11.30am
Let’s walk and discover the traditional trades in the multicultural heart of George Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The walk starts from George Town World Heritage Incorporated (GTWHI) with a brief introduction on the traditional trades that we will discover during the walk.
4) Penang Hop on Hop off Double Decker Open Top bus
- The base concept of this service is to offer tourists a more convenient way to discover Penang City where tourists can either stay on for the full tour circuit, or hop-on or hop-off at any of the attractions. This services will also allow tourists to spend the day in the city either to shop, dine, sightseeing, exploring museums and art galleries, taking a break in the parks, watching movies, attending festivals, discover the unique culture activities or simply enjoy the freedom of exploring the city at their own pace.
From 16th November 2014 PENANG HOP-ON HOP-OFF CITY TOUR will be offering a tour that will guide the tourist through the major sights and attractions in the city. Developed based on established services from cities like London, Paris, Barcelona and Edinburgh with a twist to suit the climate and the road system in the city, Penang Hop On Hop Off designated to be a tourist-friendly transportation system with unique features such as:
The Service runs daily on a 20 to 30 minutes service schedule between 9:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. There will be 10 buses currently available in Penang and 5 each will cover the City Route and Beach Route. In future the company will add more buses if there is an increase of demand. Each buses is designed uniquely half open top with the capacity of 60 sitting passengers whereby 27 passengers will be experiencing the outdoor feel on top of the bus. Base on our experience the open deck is a favorite for tourist as tourist can feel and view the island better so it going to on first come first serve sitting arrangements.
The service covers a circle route which are City Route and Beach Route that allows tourists to start the tour and end at the same location. The information and ticket counter that would be the inter link between the City Route and Beach Route will be at Gurney Drive and Chowrasta Market. Along the route, there are approximately 60 attractions where the tourists can hop-on or hop-off at any of the 33 designated stops.
There will be one driver assisted by a tour assistant on the bus and tourists will be given a tour guide book on the city guide. The Tour Guide Book or short “TGB” has been exclusively made for the Penang Hop On Hop Off service. In TGB it will show four categories of what Penang can offer from attractions, shopping, accommodation and food/drinks which is in a walking distance from Penang Hop On Hop Off stops. It will be a guiding tool for tourist to roam the city.
There are also some other activities that one might consider:
Guests will have access to the whole apartment - 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, living room and kitchen.
Public amenities will be the swimming pool, gym, table tennis area at the clubhouse, children's playground (consisting of the slide, see-saw and swing)
Interaction with Guests
I truly like meeting up with my guests as they are such wonderful, beautiful, knowledgeable, friendly, kind and considerate people. They really brightened up my days and this makes hosting them so enjoyable. It is lovely to listen to their stories and to hear and learn about all the different cultures in this world. Treasure each days and live life to the fullest!
It's a lovely place with greenary and great facilites - swimming pool and playground which we use a lot. Love the friendly people who takes time to wave and smile around the buildings. Thus, one is on holiday mood n mode as soon as one steps into the apartment. A place to call home whilst on holiday :"
There is a bus stop conveniently located about 10 mins walk out from the apartment. Buses are from the Rapid Penang company. On the other hand, cabs/taxis are available a call away. Do let us know if you require any help in securing a cab/taxi so we can assist further.
One is able to reach Batu Ferringhi by taking the Rapid Penang bus 101 from Weld Quay. If you are coming from the airport, take 401 to Weld Quay and then 101 from Weld Quay.
Other Things to Note
Hope that you will love the unit as much as we do. Appreciate all aircon, electricity and water to be switched off when not in use.
Oh yes, one more thing to add, the rubbish disposal depot is near to the security guardpost access card entrance, located on the left hand side while on the way out of the building.
Thank you and wishing all of you a fabulous amazing time in Penang!
Hope that you could take good care of the house. Below are some house rules that the apartment management require us to adhere to:
- Please abide and adhere to the Malaysia Internet law and any violations of this will be borne by the individual concerned.
- Smoking is prohibited and pets are kindly advised not to enter the premise as security guards have the right to disallow entry to the owners and the pets.
- Parties, functions and excessive noise at the pool area are not permitted in the Condo / Apartment. Owner has the rights to request guests to leave if there are complaints by the neighbours / security guards.
- Guests shall keep all TV and Audio equipment volumes set at reasonable levels at all times.
- Swimming Attire-whole suits, bikinis / Islamic Swimming Attire (for Muslims) are required for all Guests using the Swimming Pool. Security guards has the rights to disallow anyone with tshirts and shorts from going into the swimming pool. Guests will be charged at a rate of RM20.00 per person for non-compliance by the management. This amount will be deducted directly from the Security Deposit upon check out.
* Note: tshirts and bermuda shorts are not allowed in the pool. Swimming suits of one piece or 2 piece suit are allowed.
- Do respect each others privacy to avoid unnecessary annoyance / inconvenience / disturbance to the occupiers of neighbouring Premises
- Gambling and any illegal activities are strictly prohibited.
- For tranquility of all residents, Visitors of registered Guests, are not allowed to use any facilities and must leave Condo / Apartment by 11.00 pm. Visitors of registered Guests staying overnight in the Condo / Apartment will be charged at a rate of RM100.00 per person per night. This amount will be deducted directly from the Security Deposit upon check out.
- The Condo / Apartment and its fixtures, fittings, equipments and utensils must be kept clean and in good working order at all times. Any repairs, restoration, replacements, maintenance works required as a result of the Guests' or Visitors' negligence will be borne by the registered Guests.
- Kindly take good care of the new TV, wallpaper and the carpet.
Meg welcomed us with open arms. She is always ready to help even before our arrival. You can easily enjoy the sunshine and sea view from the balcony. At night you will then get to chill and have peace in mind by looking to the sea and listening to the sound of nature at the balcony. Meg's apartment definitely equipped with everything you need during your stay. She has everything from baby to adult needs. A range of shampoo and lotion in the shower room for you to choose. Clean and tidy, a very cosy place for a city break. Well we are from KL. Also, look at Meg's guidebook and you will know where to visit in the island. One of my favourite is BoraBora, it is a sunset beach bar had few glasses of beer and we called it a night. Meet Meg and you will experience what I had.
My family and I (total seven people) stayed in Meg's apartment for 3 nights at the end of March. Meg was helpful from the very start of our communication over email. After a very long trip we arrived in Penang tired and hot! We were delighted and so grateful when Meg greeted us personally at the airport with bottles of water! :-)
Meg had also kindly pre-arranged a taxi for us to take us from the hotel to the apartment.
The apartment is very well located and a short walk (5-10 mins) from Batu Ferringhi beach. Also close by are the night markets and other cafes/bars.
Meg was fully prepared and provided us with details about local shops, directions to the beach etc. The apartment itself is very comfortable and has all the facilities one would require. It is clean, tidy and well maintained, we could not fault it. Meg had very kindly stocked the kitchen with some food and fresh fruit - so thoughtful! Throughout our stay Meg kept in touch with us via WhatsApp and was so incredibly helpful with arranging taxis for day trips etc. The best part of the stay was having breakfast with Meg on our last day! She had brought us a lovely breakfast and we will not forget it! I can't recommend this apartment enough to anyone looking for accommodation in Batu Ferringhi, the apartment itself is great but the experience is made even better by a wonderful host! Thank you Meg.
This is a nice 3 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment in a modern complex that includes a pool and small water slide for kids. It is about a 10 minute walk to the beach, and the main strip in Batu Ferringhi. Meg is a really responsive host who made sure we had everything we needed. We also really appreciated the opportunity to share a meal with Meg and her family. She really made us feel welcome.
We spent a wonderful vacation, staying in apartments Meg. The apartment has everything you need for a comfortable stay. Situated in a great place, it's not so far from beach (10 min. walk) and there are a lot of food markets, restaurants and bars around.
Meg is very friendly and helpful hostess. She helped us with all that we need. And she gave us a wonderful farewell dinner!
I am highly recommend this apartment to everyone!
Thank you Meg for the opportunity to stay in your lovely apartment.
Communication with Meg was excellent, before, during and after our stay. Meg was respectful and I always felt comfortable that she was there in the background if we needed assistance.
The view from the apartment was great. As a family of four the apartment provided plenty of space for all of us. It is a 5 - 8 minute walk to the main BF strip (hotels, hawkers, night markets, beach) - during the walk you will pass food places/shops where we ate breakfast and late night snacks.
Meg had all of the little necessities in the apartment that you need to make a stay comfortable. WiFi, large cable TV and air conditioning and fans were also a definite advantage.
The complex facilities were well maintained - a fun pool, a gym and also table tennis tables. We felt safe in the complex - security staff were attentive.
It was a pleasant surprise to meet Meg at the airport at the end of a long day. Meg had already organised a driver, snacks and drinks for us.
Thank you Meg.
Meg was an awesome warm and gracious host! She greeted us with a bag filled with yummy goodies and made sure we know our way to her apartment. Her apartment was so clean and homely with stocks of biscuits, noodles, coffee and tea! I appreciate most that she provided my 1-year old baby with highchair and a playpen! Thank you again, Meg!
I really enjoyed my stay at Meg's house. She is so friendly. So her daughter and son. The condition of the house exactly in the picture. The air condition was good. She also gave us mineral water, snack and instant noodle. I definitely recommended to others.
About the Host, Meg
Hi everyone! Welcome to my apartment webpage :) I like to welcome guests and friends to my home and cooking/baking are my favourite things to do when I am free. I love to keep my apartments clean and tidy. Thus, we have newly painted the apartment and it's ready to welcome all of you to spend your holidays / vacation here. Gee! I am so excited! New walllpapers are now in the living room and I hope that you will love it as much as we do. Hoping that your stay here in the apartment will be relaxing and awesome! I will be here personally to welcome you when you arrive.
Do email / call me if you have any queries and I hope to welcome you to our apartment to have a lovely holiday!