About this listing
Sapphire Resorts-Penang Island Holiday Apartment is located at Batu Ferringhi Penang, one of the most popular destinations in Penang Island. It is located within walking distance of the Batu Ferringhi beach, restaurants, night market and stores. The perfect place to explore the city of Penang.
Ideal for couples, children, family & friends' gathering or getaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday work, a place to relax and just indulge in the beautiful and peaceful environment. Wake up to an amazing sunrise view at the balcony and settle down at night to an awesome sunset view from the balcony.
When you arrive, you will find:
a) 1st bedroom, 1x double bed + en-suite with bathtub + air-con + fan
b) 2nd bedroom, 1x double bed + air-con + fan
c) 3rd bedroom, 1x single bed + low single bed + air-con + fan
d) The living hall is equipped with a SMART TV and an ASTRO satellite TV decoder. The ASTRO TV channels include Asian Food Channel, AXN, National Geographic, Disney Junior channels, FOX sports channel, Astro SuperSport channels etc.
e) Well-equipped kitchen with crockery, induction cooker, microwave oven, electric kettle, toaster, rice cooker
f) Wifi is provided (free wireless internet) and SMART TV can be used for web surfing
g) Washing machine, iron and ironing board are available
Strategically located and it is:
- 15 mins walk to the beach and access to variety water sport activities such as parasailing, windsurfing, Jet Ski, riding banana boat, beach volley ball etc. Speedboats are available for rent to explore uninhabited islands of Song Pulau Telur off Batu Ferringhi, Pulau Bidan and Pulau Song, where you can enjoy fishing and snorkeling.
- 15 mins walk from 5 star resorts like Holiday Inn Penang, Parkroyal Penang Resort and more
- 15 mins walk to the legendary night market (bazaar)
- 15 mins walk to the local cuisine in Long Beach Cafe Penang, The Ship, Golden Thai Seafood restaurant, Ferringhi Garden and more
- Short drive from Tropical Spice Garden, Escape Theme Park, Adventure Zone, Teluk Bahang dam, Butterfly Farm, Hydro Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, Hard Rock Cafe, Lone Pine Hotel, Shangri-la Hotel, Golden Sands Hotel, KFC, McDonald's and more
- Abt 30 mins drive to jetty port, Swettenham Pier Cruise Terminal for boarding at the Star Cruise liners and Georgetown Heritage site
Access to communal facilities are just a few steps below at the ground floor: Swimming pool, Gym, Children's playground, Tennis court and BBQ pit.
If you would like to plan for some tours or even rent a car, let us know and we can assist in preparing all the necessary information. Let this be a wonderful and relaxing holiday for you and your family / friends!
New attractions in Penang:
1) Penang's Street Art - An Attraction of Its Own
In conjunction with Penang's Georgetown Festival, Lithuanian artist, Ernest Zacharevic was commissioned to paint a series of street art in a project called “Mirrors of George Town"
The project consists of 6 to 12 large-scale wall paintings strategically placed within the core heritage zone of George Town. To date, there is a total of 7 playful paintings depicting children, and everyday life in Penang. Zacharevic's artworks are cheeky, funny and fascinating, attracting many.
2) Occupy Beach Street (every Sunday)
Location: Lebuh Pantai, Lebuh Bishop, Lebuh Gereja & Gat Lebuh Gereja
Time: 7:00AM – 1:00PM
Project Occupy Beach Street initiatives temporarily close streets to automobile traffic so that people may use them for healthy and fun physical activities like walking, jogging, biking dancing and social activities.
Project Occupy Beach Street divides the current “Car Free Day" into 4 unique Zones. Each different zone will be supported by different activities.
3) Traditional Trades in George Town Discovery Walk (Every second Saturday of the month)
Location: GTWHI office at 116 & 118, Lebuh Acheh, tour conducted in English. There will be a fee of RM20 per person
Time: 9.30am – 11.30am
Let's walk and discover the traditional trades in the multicultural heart of George Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The walk starts from George Town World Heritage Incorporated (GTWHI) with a brief introduction on the traditional trades that we will discover during the walk.
4) Penang Hop on Hop off Double Decker Open Top bus
- The base concept of this service is to offer tourists a more convenient way to discover Penang City where tourists can either stay on for the full tour circuit, or hop-on or hop-off at any of the attractions. This services will also allow tourists to spend the day in the city either to shop, dine, sightseeing, exploring museums and art galleries, taking a break in the parks, watching movies, attending festivals, discover the unique culture activities or simply enjoy the freedom of exploring the city at their own pace.
From 16th November 2014 PENANG HOP-ON HOP-OFF CITY TOUR will be offering a tour that will guide the tourist through the major sights and attractions in the city. Developed based on established services from cities like London, Paris, Barcelona and Edinburgh with a twist to suit the climate and the road system in the city, Penang Hop On Hop Off designated to be a tourist-friendly transportation system with unique features such as:
The Service runs daily on a 20 to 30 minutes service schedule between 9:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. There will be 10 buses currently available in Penang and 5 each will cover the City Route and Beach Route. In future the company will add more buses if there is an increase of demand. Each buses is designed uniquely half open top with the capacity of 60 sitting passengers whereby 27 passengers will be experiencing the outdoor feel on top of the bus. Base on our experience the open deck is a favorite for tourist as tourist can feel and view the island better so it going to on first come first serve sitting arrangements.
The service covers a circle route which are City Route and Beach Route that allows tourists to start the tour and end at the same location. The information and ticket counter that would be the inter link between the City Route and Beach Route will be at Gurney Drive and Chowrasta Market. Along the route, there are approximately 60 attractions where the tourists can hop-on or hop-off at any of the 33 designated stops.
There will be one driver assisted by a tour assistant on the bus and tourists will be given a tour guide book on the city guide. The Tour Guide Book or short “TGB" has been exclusively made for the Penang Hop On Hop Off service. In TGB it will show four categories of what Penang can offer from attractions, shopping, accommodation and food/drinks which is in a walking distance from Penang Hop On Hop Off stops. It will be a guiding tool for tourist to roam the city.
There are also some other activities that one might consider:
Guests will have access to the whole apartment - 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, living room and kitchen.
Public amenities will be the swimming pool, gym, table tennis area at the clubhouse, children's playground (consisting of the slide, see-saw and swing)
Interaction with Guests
I truly like meeting up with my guests as each person is unique in his/her own way and it's a wonderful, beautiful, exciting experience to communicate and learn more about the different cultures and countries each person come from. I like sharing the everyday experience in my country with my fellow guests. They really brightened up my days and this makes hosting them so enjoyable. It is lovely to listen to their stories and to hear and learn about all the different cultures in this world. Treasure each days and live life to the fullest!
It's a lovely place with greenary and great facilites - swimming pool and playground which we use a lot. Love the friendly people who takes time to wave and smile around the buildings. Thus, one is on holiday mood n mode as soon as one steps into the apartment. A place to call home whilst on holiday :"
There is a bus stop conveniently located about 10 mins walk out from the apartment. Buses are from the Rapid Penang company. On the other hand, cabs/taxis are available a call away. Do let us know if you require any help in securing a cab/taxi so we can assist further.
One is able to reach Batu Ferringhi by taking the Rapid Penang bus 101 from Weld Quay. If you are coming from the airport, take 401 to Weld Quay and then 101 from Weld Quay.
Other Things to Note
Truly appreciate it you could provide an estimated time of arrival as I live an hour away from the apartment.
Hope that you will love the unit as much as we do. Appreciate all aircon, electricity and water to be switched off when not in use. We enjoy the natural breeze thus there is no aircon in the living room.
Oh yes, one more thing to add, the rubbish disposal depot is near to the security guardpost access card entrance, located on the left hand side while on the way out of the building.
Thank you and wishing all of you a fabulous amazing time in Penang!
Hope that you could take good care of the house. Below are some house rules that the apartment management require us to adhere to:
- Please abide and adhere to the Malaysia Internet law and any violations of this will be borne by the individual concerned.
- Smoking is prohibited and pets are kindly advised not to enter the premise as security guards have the right to disallow entry to the owners and the pets.
- Parties, functions and excessive noise at the pool area are not permitted in the Condo / Apartment. Owner has the rights to request guests to leave if there are complaints by the neighbours / security guards.
- Guests shall keep all TV and Audio equipment volumes set at reasonable levels at all times.
- Swimming Attire-whole suits, bikinis / Islamic Swimming Attire (for Muslims) are required for all Guests using the Swimming Pool. Security guards has the rights to disallow anyone with tshirts and shorts from going into the swimming pool. Guests will be charged at a rate of RM20.00 per person for non-compliance by the management. This amount will be deducted directly from the Security Deposit upon check out.
* Note: tshirts and bermuda shorts are not allowed in the pool. Swimming suits of one piece or 2 piece suit are allowed.
- Do respect each others privacy to avoid unnecessary annoyance / inconvenience / disturbance to the occupiers of neighbouring Premises
- Gambling and any illegal activities are strictly prohibited.
- For tranquility of all residents, Visitors of registered Guests, are not allowed to use any facilities and must leave Condo / Apartment by 11.00 pm. Visitors of registered Guests staying overnight in the Condo / Apartment will be charged at a rate of RM100.00 per person per night. This amount will be deducted directly from the Security Deposit upon check out.
- The Condo / Apartment and its fixtures, fittings, equipments and utensils must be kept clean and in good working order at all times. Any repairs, restoration, replacements, maintenance works required as a result of the Guests' or Visitors' negligence will be borne by the registered Guests.
- Kindly take good care of the new TV, wallpaper and the carpet.