Aladdin's cave is cosy like a nomads tent. Located on the first floor of an old&authentic building on a dead end street. It is not for everyone &we only rent it from time to time when we travel. Spacious, central, authentic - not a white wall rental!
Send word before you book to be sure of your dates! If you need something last minute give us a try as we can be very spontaneous on the weekend though not guaranteed.
This is a quirky space and if you are not comfortable with the photos its probably not for you!
About the apartment:
Its a very quirky place but it is incredibly well located, beautifully decorated and very cosy.
- There is a HUGE beautiful sitting room
Plasma TV (just DVD's no channels, we are not into TV)
Double sofa bed
-There are 3 double bedrooms
room 1 = Double bed
room 2 = Mezzanine double bed
room 3 = Double bed
Sitting room/ bedroom 4 = double fold out bed
- A large dining room
(fridge, large dining table (6 people)
- Bathroom with shower
- Bathroom with toilet
- Balcony at the front and back of the house
We will provide:
- All fresh towels and sheets (and of course toilet paper and soap)
- Wi-Fi internet
- Heaters for the winter time
- fans for the summer
- Guide books
We have a late check in fee after 10:00 pm (22:30) = €20 and €30 after midnight
About the area:
- The apartment is in the heart of 'El Born'
- We are a few min from: Las Ramblas, Plaza Reial, Plaza Sant Felip Neri, Musée Picasso, Plaza Jaume, Estacion Francia, the music concert hall 'Palau Musica Catalana", the church basilica 'Santa Maria del Mar',the main shopping street 'Portal de l'Angel', and everything else!
-We are a few minutes walk away from the Gothic quarter including the Ramblas - in fact we are on the edge of the Bothic quarter and the Born.
Closest Metro is Jaume 1 on the yellow line 4 = less than on minute walking from the house. The bus 45, 40, 17 and 19.
- Another great thing is we are close to the metro, bus stop and train station. Thankfully you can get to most place just by walking - saving a lot of money on transport (we almost NEVER use the metro/bus preferring to go by bike or walk as we are so close)
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
Florian and Anoeschka :)
Here are a few of our house rules, if you have any questions or don't agree with anything outlined, please feel free to ask us!
- If you discover you are going to arrive later than you thought please inform us...
- If you can try to smoke only on the balconies, there are two balconies accessible from this room.
- If guests could throw their own rubbish outside the apartment in the street between 8pm - 11 pm (rubbish collection times)
- Please make sure you inform us as soon as you can of your time of arrival (we have a late check in fee for arrivals after 22:00 of 20 euro (and 30 euro after midnight), we know that late check in is not our guests fault its just the nature of travel
Thanks for reading!
Appartement très bien situé. Près du métro et centre historique accessible à pied.
garage du véhicule forcément en parking payant.
propre à l arrivée .salle de bain mini minimale mais ça fait partie du charme des lieux.
Once again Anu's place was perfect. Location is the best, atmosphere very inspiring and all prepared so you fell welcome. Will come back next time in town!
We had a lovely time in Barcelona. Anu was a good communicator before and after the rental. The flat is spacious and is in a great, central location. The kitchen, particularly, could do with some updating but it is arty and quirky and near lots of sights, bars, restaurants and the metro.
Perfect location, friendly and flexible host and cosy appartment, highly recommend it.
El apto es súper acogedor con una decoración especial y agradable, Annu nos atendió muy bn teniendo en cuenta q llegamos bastante tarde, las descripción es muy acertada, es un barrio vibrante y transcurrido pero agradable y súper central.
Great location although the apartment was not in the best condition although very cool interior. However, be aware of Anubellas house rules which are almost impossible to adhere to. We really enjoyed our stay within the apartment until the last day when were were called into the livingroom because she felt that we had breached her trust for leaving an addition one extra bag within the apartment which not belonged to us. Anubella was under the impression that no other bags or persons may ever enter the apartment. We tried to explain that our friends who had a early check out did not even enter the apartment, instead gave us one bag to leave at the apartment so they did not have to carry this around the city on their last day. Anubella insisted that our action to place one extra bag within the apartment on our last day was a clear breach of her trust and were not to be tolerated and that aha actually could require us to pay for an extra person for one night for leaving the bag there together with our other two bags. To me the whole experience were very strange and i have never faced these kind of house rules anywhere else.
I loved it here! Anu was so welcoming and helpful, giving my boyfriend and I lots of tips on the local area. The apartment itself was in a brillaint location - in the centre of everything but being on a back street, the sound was minimal - even when the lous festival was going on nearby. I think the thing that really doesn't come across in these pictures is just how big this place is! It's so spacious with lovely high ceilings. I would recommend to a friend without a doubt.
This host has 850 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Great to meet you!
We live in the beautiful Barcelona and we have discovered the joy of hosting people coming to Barcelona and sharing our experience of the city. We rent several apartments in the old historical centre of the city, and for those on a budget we also have rooms to rent. We offer a personal insight into the city!
The things we love about Barcelona? Sunshine, music, food, the ever creative, moving energy of the people and sitting having coffee in the hidden plaza´s...
Hasta Luego, see you soon :)