The standard room is on the first floor with a terrific garden view, and is the best spot to catch the first drop of the sunlight. With two soft beds and a private bathroom en-suite, the room also has everything else you'll need to enjoy Lijiang.
Shuhe Old town is an 800-year stone-laden enclosed old city, and historically a confluence for trade along the old tea horse road. It is also an integral part of the world-famous UNESCO Heritage Site, the Old Town of Lijiang. Renowned for its orderly system of waterways and bridges, the old town of Shuhe stands out from other ancient Chinese cities with its unique architecture, history and the culture of its traditional residents, the Naxi people.
Sitting at the center of the less touristy old town of Shuhe, the Sun Valley Inn, or 悦然居 (Yueranju) is a family-run Chinese style boutique inn built in an ancient residence with a history of over 300 years, sitting right at the foot of the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. Centered around a beautiful garden, single, double or twin rooms, as well as family suits are designed to offer travelers with a wonderful lodging experience in an oriental ambience. The cafe and tea house under the shades of a century-old walnut tree will serve you with the perfect setting for a leisure afternoon of book-reading, lounging and daydreaming in the sunshine, with fresh beverages and pastries specially prepared by our award-winning F&B lounge, also known as the Suren’s handmade dessert shop.
The fully equipped Sun Valley Inn is a picturesque wood and stone residence, offering hotel style single, twin or double rooms, and family suites to host our world guests.
Our facilities and services including but are not limited to the below:
• Airport pick-up and drop-off
• Hot shower, solid bed, soft towels, quality linens and duvets, toiletries, heater and A/C, adaptor, hair dryers, TV, humidifier, etc.
• Free offerings including Wi-Fi, luggage storage, parking, and movie screening, etc.
• Self-servicing facilities including an open kitchen, communal washing machine and laundry area
• Public areas including a tea house, a lounge, and various sitting area in the garden
• Travel planning and consultancy, professional photography services, etc.
• Event planning and caterings, such as picnic (3-day notice), anniversary celebration (7-day notice), book club gatherings (7-day notice), birthday or engagement party (30-day notice), weddings (90-day notice), and more. Please contact us at (email hidden) for details and room/facility availabilities ahead of time.
24-hour on-call service is provided by helpful and friendly “know-it-all” staff, and the Sun Valley Inn is fully staffed daily from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.
Interaction with guests
The Inn wouldn’t be complete without its very own "know-it-all" philosophy to go an extra mile in helping travelers navigate around this diverse and exiting area. Be it a day of fantastic hiking or horse-riding right from our doorstep, a romantic candle-lit dinner of local delicacies on our Star Terrace, or even a journey or weekend escape into the mysterious Shangri-La and Lugu Lake, our local staff will always find a way to help you make the most out of your time around.
Other things to note
1. We do not have lift or elevator. You need to exercise ;-)
2. A refundable deposit of \200 RMB in cash will be collected upon checking in. This will be returned to you when you return the keys to us when checking out.
3. Reception available from 9 am to 9 pm daily, but you can always reach us through mobile once your booking has been confirmed
1. The wooden structure wouldn't be able to shield your neighbor from excessive noise, please be considerate.
2. Smoking is prohibited in the Sun Valley Inn. Our condolences to those who lost everything to the fire in Shangri-La this January 2014.
3. Please never hesitate to reach our staff if you need ANYTHING.
4. Enjoy yourself.
This host has 31 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I'm a travel addict who eventually put my life's saving into this boutique inn, wishing to provide a homey and comfy retreat for people on the road to the mysterious Shangri-La and dreamy Lugu lake.
The essence and soul of this era lies in sharing, not only sharing of just the intangible but valuable memories and joy, but also the very basic of time and space that ultimately translate into our passion towards life. Studied, worked, and lived in metropolitan hubs around the world, I'm now a proud quitter of the spectacular and boiling cities, and rookie owner of the trivialities of the small-town life.
Apart from the common hobbies of city dwellers such as books, films, and music, I am also really into handcrafts of all kinds, and am constantly looking into home decors that can brighten up the Sun Valley Inn for friends around the world. Please feel free to stop-by, lounge around, and talk to me while you are around.