Private room & bathroom, TV, Wi-Fi, Kitchen & Laundry access, in a quaint but lively neighborhood, just 2 stops from downtown Manhattan. Additional beds available in room: a great value for small families or friends traveling together!
Fully furnished room for rent in Historic Downtown Jersey City, 3 blocks from the Grove Street Path Station. The room sleeps 2, with potential to add 1 more guest, and is located on the upper floor of our two-level single family home.
- Very bright, uncluttered, furnished room with double bed, 3 windows, wood floors, and closet
- En-suite, private Bathroom with shower
- Flat-screen TV in your room
- Option of additional Deluxe Twin rollaway bed with comfortable 5" firm foam mattress OR a new inflatable 24" high double mattress. Perfect for guests traveling with kids or friends.
- New Luxe 600 Thread Count Cotton Sheets provided, along with towels
- Use of spacious, fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, microwave and much more
- New Laundry machine and dryer
- Large shared Living Room
- Wi-Fi Internet
- Blow dryer
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap) - are all provided
- Iron & ironing board
We live in a characteristic split-level row house, which gives you privacy, since your bedroom is upstairs, located on a separate floor from ours. The house is on the corner of lovely Van Vorst Park, and your bedroom windows face a quiet courtyard. The neighborhood boasts many shops, restaurants and cafes.
There is a very friendly young kitty living in our family home, but he stays out of the guest room.
The guests have access to their own private bedroom. The bedroom has a bathroom en-suite, which is available for the guests' use only. The hosts to not share the bathroom with you. The guests also have access to the shared living room and kitchen areas.
Interaction with guests
We are usually around to answer any questions & give local tips. We love hosting & are always happy to chat, when the timing is right. We are also happy to keep to ourselves when our guest prefer their privacy.
We request you refrain from inviting guests over who are not part of your 4 person maximum occupancy.
My husband and I are avid travelers and have always preferred to stay with locals or by renting an apartment, rather than at a hotel. Hosting just seemed like a very natural continuation for us. Through this, we have met so many lovely people, and have taken great pleasure in welcoming them to the city and in being their local guides.