We are surprised that you were not informed about the city tax. But you were informed by the following message on June 22, 2014 ( at the time of reservation):
Local taxes/ City taxes ( as in Hotels) which you will have to pay to Local CityAdministration through us (in cash on arrival) is not included because it is variable and can not be fixed in advance on airbnb web-page @ 1 €/night/person (above 13 years of age). Hope that our clarifications are to your satisfactions. in fact every thing is detailed on our airbnb web-page. Please come back to us, if any other question or doubt or any additional service needed. With kind regards, malik" See airbnb communication thread. Your comments are not correct that you dis not know. In France this type of tax is decided by each individual local government and we are obliged to ask the guest to pay. It is also very clearly noted on the Airbnb announcement. We will place in the flat for future guests an official letter copy from the local Government of Colmar. Every hotel in Colmar charges that!
2) What you write about WC room that there is no room with WC; This is not again correct. We have one bathroom with washbasin/lavabo, bathtub, shower etc and additionally we have a separate WC room. Most people like this and our flat is rare in Colmar having the two rooms (WC and bathroom) separeted. This is an additional comfort but we do not understand, what you want to say that there is no bathroom / no WC in the room. This is not true. There is one WC room and one bathroom in our flat. Any future guest can verify and if not true we will refund the rental fee.
3) : This is usual that we offer to our guests with plesaure sometmes a gift or some special local pastery for breakfast to make them a surprise and pleasure. It is a part of our regular effort to be a better host as the others. Sometimes guests are absent from the flat but we ring the bell before leaving the things inside but just at the enterance. We never go deeper than 50 cm in the flat. We keep our steps outside but open the door and close it. Sometimes we can not wait at the door till the guests return because it is spontaneusly and we do not live at the same building. Instead of leaving a word of thank on departure if the hosts are earning such negative comments, soon we will move away from airbnb guest because airbnb policy is to treat our guests wit the best possible hospintality.
4) You broke our dinner set plate and left the flat at 5 AM without waiting us and without leaving a message or without excusing yourself. Also left all garbage/bags every where inside and outside the flat was very disappointing. This is the first time that a guest behaved this way and did not respect the rules of our rental home. Keep in mind this type of private renting is different from hoteltrenting and needs mutual respect. Inspite of all this, we did not send any claim to airbnb and did not block your deposit fees. We could do that and make claim for this damage! Normally, guests should not leave the flat without a check-out inventory in the absence of the host. You were expected to remain in the flat before returning the key. I came upto you specially for this purpose at 5 AM and to, do a proper inventory. Otherwise, everyone can claim of anything. You should be happy that we are not only honest people but also very accomodating.
5) Kitchen is probably small as compared to other rooms in the flat but it is sufficient for 4 persons. We will bring a smaller table in and it will give more free space. Next guests will see the change.
6) You mentioned some smell in the great entery hall. We did not feel anything but it could be due to wall painting work being done currently in the main enterance hall / 2nd and 3rd floor of this building. Please note this residential building is one of the best rated building of Colmar in terms of cleanliness and beauty of 15th century heritage! Sorry that you could not aooreciate this during your short 5 day stay.