La Rassada eco B&B is a perfect base for exploring this unspoilt part of southern France. Between mountains and sea, there are outdoor activities for the sporty, Cathar castles for culture vultures, & quiet beaches or the deck if you want to chill!
We offer comfortable eco-friendly B&B accommodation in a stylish, contemporary barn conversion, on the edge of a small winemaking village near the Languedoc coast, between Narbonne and Perpignan.
We only take one group of guests at a time (up to 4 people), so you will always have the place to yourselves!
A delicious breakfast (made from local and organic produce) is included in the room rate.
Walk the hills, cycle the backroads, visit the abbeys and Cathar castles, laze away on our lovely beaches or just chill out on the terrace with a glass of local wine and watch the eagles soaring above!
N.B. Minimum stay of 4 nights for 2 guests or 2 nights for 4 guests.
• DISCOUNTS for groups of 4 people for 5+ nights - send an enquiry and I can make a special offer.
Here are 10 great reasons for coming to stay at La Rassada:
1) Eco-Friendly = reduced carbon footprint!
2) You will have the whole place to yourselves (we only take one booking at a time).
3) The quiet rural setting has panoramic views.
4) Visit the spectacular Cathar castles (see photos), Cistercian abbeys, the medieval city of Carcassonne, the Canal du Midi, Perpignan and lots of interesting Languedoc villages.
5) Outdoor activities galore: hill and coastal walking and hiking, wild flowers, bird watching, cycling and mountain biking plus wind and kite-surfing, rock-climbing and so much more…
6) Visit the local organic winemakers (on foot!) and taste their delicious wines...
7) The nearby Mediterranean beaches at Leucate and La Franqui are clean and uncrowded.
8) Relax on the large wooden terrace, enjoy the panoramic views and watch the eagles!
9) With 300 days of sunshine a year, La Rassada is a great place for a short break or a longer holiday, … all year round!
10) We are happy to share our extensive local knowledge and experience to help you have a better holiday!
• NEW: We are offering FUN FRENCH courses for small groups of up to 4 people (e.g. a family or a group of friends) who want to learn or improve their French while visiting this beautiful area.
• Very sorry but the property is not suitable for toddlers and young children up to 6 years old (we can & do accept babies!)
Guest accommodation and amenities:
• 2 comfortable guest rooms (1 double, 1 twin/king) with private guest bathroom
• Guest lounge / dining area and large wooden terrace with deck chairs
• Bookings are for one group at a time - so your group will always have EXCLUSIVE use of all guest amenities
• Free WIFI, hot drinks, fresh fruit and biscuits
• Evening meals and picnic baskets available by arrangement
What is an eco-B&B?
La Rassada is an eco-friendly property built using healthy, natural materials (hemp insulation, lime render, eco-paints, etc.), which are healthier for residents & guests but also for the planet!
There is solar hot water and indirect solar heating and all our cleaning products + guest shampoo, shower gel and soap are eco-friendly => kinder on the skin and on the environment). We compost organic kitchen waste and recycle just about everything!
Fabulous safely-filtered spring water comes straight from the tap and is later recycled in a reed-bed system and fed back into the stream. Meals are made wherever possible with local and/or organic produce.
So you can come here on holiday and know that your holiday will have a LOW CARBON FOOTPRINT... But being "eco" definitely does NOT mean we compromise on comfort!!!
The entire ground floor is guest space! As guests you will have full access to the open plan lounge and dining area, as well as to the large wooden deck, which is equipped with a huge shade sail in the summer and where meals are served whenever possible.
Hosting a B&B means I get to have breakfast with my lovely guests, which is both fun and it allows me to find out what their interests are so that I can help them with their plans for the day.
Evening meals can also be booked and are shared with the host.
La Rassada sits on the edge of the tiny, tranquil Languedoc wine making village of Feuilla, which is surrounded by dramatic limestone hills and aromatic "garrigue". The quiet backroads are great for cycling and the forestry tracks are fabulous for mountain biking. But we are just 20 minutes from some of the most unspoilt beaches along this part of the Mediterranean coast.
Guests really do need their own transport to get here and get around (so do bring your bikes, car or donkey!). There is plenty of off-road parking and it is easy to get here from the local airports or train stations (detailed directions are provided when you book).
Guests do not normally have access to the kitchen, but for longer stays I am very happy to provide some space in the fridge so that guests can prepare light meals.
We had a fantastic few days at Philippa's "La Rassada". It was the perfect getaway! Philippa is the loveliest host and she made us feel very welcome in her beautiful home. She's a very interesting and open person and it is really fantastic to see how much she's aware of the all the live and the stunning nature that surrounds "La Rassada". She happily helped us with the planning of our (half ;) day trips, provided us with very helpful recommendations and even took care of inquiries and bookings for us. We're very much looking forward to returning very soon!
My husband and new baby had such a lovely time with Philippa in her perfectly located Bnb. We wanted a true French experience without all the touristy hustle and bussle. We found it at La Rassada. Not only did Philippa provide a warm environment for my family and (at the time) 3 month old, but she responded to our every need. Whether that be with fun things to do just outside the area, to private wine tastings with the local wine-maker. She also recommended a beautiful Abby (The Abby at Fontroide), which is a must-see. The beds were comfortable and the room was quaint. Bathroom in two steps from bedroom door. Even though we were in close proximity to Philippa's private room, we had complete privacy.
One night we knew we'd be out late, and not being familiar with the area Philippa brought us home a meal with tasty cheese and bread, which we all shared on her deck overlooking the rolling hills. This place is exactly what we wanted. Can't say enough wonderful things about Philippa. Our baby was very comfortable there too!!
La Rassada was a perfect way to start our trip. Beautiful area, wonderful hospitality and an overall fantastic experience. Philippa was such a welcoming hostess, she really went above and beyond to make our trip a great one!
Philippa went WAY above the call of duty in making our stay truly 5-star! As B+B hosts ourselves in Barcelona, we knew what we wanted in our stay in Languedoc: a relaxing B+B in the country with an intelligent host who had an interest in food and wine. But we didn't realize how wonderfully dependent we could become on Philippa, not only for day-trip recommendations, but for restaurants big (3* in Fontjoncouse) and small (oyster shack on the beach), walks, for lending us wine, arranging a wine tasting with one of the her fellow villagers--and she was even willing to take care of Danko one night while we were out. Amazing! We would be happy to return or see her here in BCN at some point and hope to be as good a hosts as she!
On a passe nos vacances a Feuilla pour la premiere fois et on peut dire qu'on a aime beacoup cette region pour toujours. Mer, soleil, vent, montagnes, nature - et bien sur Philippa qui nous a montre toute la beaute de cette place. Philippa est une femme tres ouverte, positive et plein d'humour.
La maison est tres jolie, moderne, bien equipee, tres propre. Tous les repas etaient exellents et de haute qualite.
On est tres contents d'avoir choisi l'appartement de Philippa et on a decide d'y aller l'annee prochaine. A bientot, Philippa!
We (two couples) stayed at Philippa's B&B for 3 nights. The location and property are as beautiful or even more so than the pictures can tell!
If you stay here plan some time simply to relax at the B&B, especially in the evenings. It is so quiet and peaceful, and the porch is a lovely place to sit with friends and a bottle of wine. We took the option of adding a dinner prepared by Philippa and it was excellent, as were the breakfasts.
Philippa is very friendly, knowledgeable about the area, and was interested to get to know us as well. We would certainly recommend her B&B to others.
We absolutely loved our stay at Phillippa's place - she is a wonderful host - generous and attentive and happy to share a friendly cup of tea or relaxing breakfast.
So many highlights even for our short break so I'll just list a couple:
- delicious fresh breakfasts filled with local produce
- great recommendations from Phillippa for the local area
- the village itself is charming and filled with friendly faces with unspoiled natural surrounds
- bike riding in the nearby seaside town of Port-la-Nouvelle
- stunning walks through and around the village
- plenty of lovely towns nearby with lots of great places to eat...
Highly recommend a trip to Feullia - wish we could have explored for longer!