About this listing
2 room guest-suite in eco-B&B/homestay with lounge and shared use of kitchen. Ideal for grps/families of 4. Great for exploring unspoilt rural France. Mountains & sea, hiking, birding & cycling, Cathar castles & abbeys, Canal du Midi, clean beaches.
Guest accommodation and amenities:
• 2 comfortable guest rooms (1 room has a king bed, 1 room has twin beds which can be made up as a super-king)
• Private guest bathroom
• Guest lounge / dining area and large wooden terrace with deck chairs
• Bookings are for one group at a time - so your group will always have EXCLUSIVE use of all guest amenities
• Free WIFI, hot drinks, fresh fruit and biscuits
• Evening meals and picnic baskets available by arrangement
La Rassada eco B&B homestay is a stylishly converted stone barn. The guest suite consists of 2 guest bedrooms and a private guest bathroom on the ground floor. Your host lives & works upstairs. Kitchen, dining and lounge are all shared with host.
A delicious breakfast (made from local and organic produce) is included in the room rate.
Walk the hills, cycle the backroads, visit the abbeys and Cathar castles, laze away on our lovely beaches or just chill out on the terrace with a glass of local wine and watch the eagles soaring above!
N.B. Minimum stay is 5 nights.
• DISCOUNTS for groups of 4 people for 5+ nights - send an enquiry and I will make a special offer.
What is an eco-B&B?
La Rassada is an eco-friendly property built using healthy, natural materials (hemp insulation, lime render, eco-paints, etc.), which are healthier for residents & guests but also for the planet!
There is solar hot water and indirect solar heating and all our cleaning products + guest shampoo, shower gel and soap are eco-friendly => kinder on the skin and on the environment). We compost organic kitchen waste and recycle just about everything!
Fabulous safely-filtered spring water comes straight from the tap and is later recycled in a reed-bed system and fed back into the stream. Meals are made wherever possible with local and/or organic produce.
So you can come here on holiday and know that your holiday will have a LOW CARBON FOOTPRINT... But being "eco" definitely does NOT mean we compromise on comfort!!!
The entire ground floor is guest space! You have full access to the open plan lounge and dining area, as well as to the large wooden deck, equipped with a huge shade sail in the summer and where meals are served whenever possible.
Space can be made available in the fridge so that you can prepare simple, light meals in the evening.
Interaction with Guests
Hosting a B&B means I get to have breakfast with my lovely guests, which allows me to find out what your interests are and help you with your plans for the day.
Evening meals are also available on request and are shared with your hostess.
La Rassada sits on the edge of the tiny, tranquil Languedoc wine making village of Feuilla, surrounded by dramatic limestone hills and aromatic "garrigue".
The quiet backroads are great for cycling and the forestry tracks are fabulous for mountain biking. But we are just 20 minutes from some of the most unspoilt beaches along the French Mediterranean coast. There are great bars and restaurants down at the beach and it is a fun area to explore.
We specialise in small group nature holidays for 4 to 8 people for self-guided or guided birding, walking, wild flowers of the Mediterranean. These can be tailor made to suit your interests and your budget.
Guests really do need their own transport to get here and get around (so please bring your bike, car or donkey!). There is plenty of off-road parking and it is easy to get here from the local airports or train stations (detailed directions are provided when you book).
Other Things to Note
Here are 10 great reasons for coming to stay at La Rassada:
1) Eco-Friendly : reduce your carbon footprint!
2) You will never have to share with other guests (we only take one booking at a time).
3) The quiet rural setting has panoramic views.
4) We specialise in hosting small group self-guided or guided birding and walking holidays that are tailor made to suit your interests and your budget.
There are plenty of outdoor activities galore: hill and coastal walking and hiking, wild flowers, bird watching, cycling and mountain biking plus wind and kite-surfing, rock-climbing and so much more…
5) Visit the spectacular Cathar castles (see photos), Cistercian abbeys, the medieval city of Carcassonne, the Canal du Midi, Perpignan and lots of interesting Languedoc villages.
6) Visit the local organic winemakers (on foot!) and taste their delicious wines...
7) The nearby Mediterranean beaches at Leucate and La Franqui are clean and uncrowded.
8) Relax on the large wooden terrace, enjoy the panoramic views and watch the eagles!
9) With 300 days of sunshine a year, La Rassada is a great place for a short break or a longer holiday, … all year round!
10) We are happy to share our extensive local knowledge and experience to help you have a better holiday!
Unfortunately the property is NOT suitable for toddlers and very young children up to 5/6 years old (we can & do accept babies!)
Avoid the traffic! Your stay can start any day of the week (unlike most holiday rentals which are Saturday to Saturday only).
We are very sorry but various hazards around the property mean that it is NOT suitable for very small children (toddlers up to 5/6 years old). Babies however, are welcome and we can borrow a folding travel cot if you don't have one (please let us know in advance!).
Dogs are allowed by prior arrangement (there is a small fee).
There is a strict no smoking inside policy ;-)
I'm an active mid 50's, with a passion for the outdoors and nature.
Friendly and outgoing, I love sharing this beautiful area with other nature lovers, helping people make the most of their holidays by providing local advice and maps.
Converting my lovely old barn into a modern home using eco-friendly construction and design was a lot of fun as well as challenging - but I get such pleasure out of knowing that whilst modern and comfortable, La Rassada's environmental impact is much reduced. That doesn't mean I don't like my creature comforts - although I have never got around to getting a TV!!!
Born and brought up in the UK, I also lived in Paris and New Zealand before ending up in the tranquil village of Feuilla, near the Languedoc coast, in the South of France. I also have a small base in the north of England.
I have been lucky to travel extensively in and around Europe, the US, South America and more recently southern Africa... and particularly enjoy meeting other people who have travelled!