About This Listing
Very quiet forested neighborhood in Big Bear City. A true mountain retreat with high open beam wood ceilings, romantic wood burning fireplace, and rustic decor. 2 QUEEN BEDS! Fully equipped kitchen, full bath, washer/dry and DIRECT ENT GARAGE!
The cabin is located in a very quiet forested neighborhood in Big Bear City. A true mountain retreat with high open beam wood ceilings, romantic wood burning fireplace, and rustic decor. We are steps from SAWMILL CANYON and the entry to endless National Forrest trails for HIKING/ MOUNTAIN BIKING! There is a well equipped kitchen with all utensils, glasses, plates, pots and pans etc. toaster, blender, microwave oven and a 4 burner gas stove top (no oven.) Full bathroom with shower/tub and high open beam ceiling. You have a DIRECT ENTRY GARAGE W/ NEW WASHER AND DRYER so you can enjoy the snow and then drive right into the safety and warmth of your cabin. It is about 8 minutes from Snow Summit or Bear Mountain, Big Bear Zoo, Big Bear Lake, and the Big Bear Village Shopping. There is a local Market, Thelmas' Diner (Best Breakfast in Big Bear), and Nature Hiking Trails all within 300 yards of the cabin. The Cabin rents for $79. a night from April through October and starting at $100 a night from November through March (minimum 2 nights)
RENTAL RULES AND REGULATIONS (Cabin)
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. AND CHECK OUT IS 12 noon.
2. This is a NON SMOKING cabin.
3. Pets are permitted in rental cabins only with prior approval. $50 per pet fee applies. All pets must be leashes at all times. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up of any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. All pets must be up to date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended. All pets are to be treated with Advantage or similar topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and tick are very rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets. All items above are the sole responsibility of the pet owner. The cabin owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
4. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 21 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
5. DAMAGE/RESERVATION- A damage/reservation deposit of $150 is required. The deposit automatically converts to a security/damage deposit upon arrival. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to cabin or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in refuse containers outside, and the cabin is left clean and in the same condition as at check-in otherwise a $50. will be deducted from the deposit. (Carpet vaccumed, Kitchen and bath cleaned.)
e. All keys are left in the lock box and cabin is left locked.
f. No linens are lost or damaged.
g. NO Early check-in or late check out.
2. CANCELLATIONS – A Twenty-one(21) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than twenty-one (21) days prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty except if deposits were made via credit card. All credit card cancellations are subject to a 5% Cancellation fee. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within twenty-one (21) days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance rental payment(deposit will be automatically refunded for complete cancelation.) Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent.
3. MONTHLY RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS – Monthly renters must cancel thirty (30) days prior to check-in. Monthly renters who make a change that results in a shortened stay must be made at least ninety (30) days prior to check-in.
4. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests per cabin is limited to four (4) persons. An additional charge or $10.00 per person per night for guests in addition to four(4) will be assessed.
THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A TWO (2) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY.
5. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods.
6. We do not provide towels or bed sheets. We do provide blankets and comforters. Renters must bring their own towels and bedding.
7. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN BATH TOWELS AND LINNEN– We do not supply bath towels or linnen so all tenants are required to bring sheets for: Bedroom Queensize bed, Living room Queen size sleeper sofa, or twin size folding matress.
8. RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice.
9. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
10. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
11. Parking – Parking is limited to two (1) vehicle. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
12. STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS – No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained, however we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
13. All of the cabins are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
We really enjoyed our stay and especially loved cuddling and roasting s'mores by the fireplace. John was really not communicative, which was strange and unsettling. Make sure you find and read the (long) manual and rule book before coming so you know how to get into the place, find wifi code, and what you need to bring (sheets and towels). Besides all those annoying little hang ups, the place was very comfy.
Johns cabin was in a nice quiet area of town, not far at all from the shops. The cabin was cosy and nicely decorated. We felt very at home.
The listing was as advertised. Great value for the money. We will rent this property again. The neighborhood was safe and quiet. The only other comment I would like to pass on is : Not sure why the host has a rule about removing shoes in the house as the carpet was in poor condition. Reminds me of my aunts house. Hey that carpet was worn out 2 dogs ago!
This cabin is great value, and if you are on a budget and need a base for a weekend of skiing this could work well for you.
Unfortunately the place is not in the best shape, many of the doors don't close properly, lamps missing lightbulbs making it very dark, and some of the furniture is damaged, which is a shame, because you can tell that the place must have been much nicer at one point.
Cleanliness was also not great, we had to clean the kitchen when we arrived before we could use it. There is no cleaning charge, so I supposed you are at the mercy of how the previous guest left the place.
Finally, as a previous reviewer noted: The neighbors dogs will be out in the yard all day and bark a lot, especially if you are using the balcony.
Probably would not recommend the cabin. The price is great, but you get what you pay for.
Glad you appreciated the great value. Most other cabins charge up to $100. in extra fees. A cleaner comes through and sanitizes the kitchen and bath after each renter as long as there is no early check-in. It is important to inform the cabin owner immediately of any problems. The light bulbs can be quickly changed or I can tell you where the extras are located, and damaged furniture (chair cushions screws tightened.) Difficult to improve for the next renters if you only leave them in the review 30 days later.
The place was very cozy and warm, looks just like the pictures. There was an odd musky smell upon us entering but we just aired the place out for a bit and it was fine. The kitchen had everything we needed and we really appreciated the fireplace. We didn't use the bed room and just slept on the pull out bed which was very comfy and easy to put away. Probably won't stay again because of the pet policy but overall our stay was pleasant.
Me and my boyfriend had a nice stay at the cabin this past weekend. The location of the place was nice and in the trees as described. We did have a few issues with our stay though, as we arrived we found the last renters had left all their garbage in the trashcans and the bottles and cans on the floor in the kitchen. This was not a good way to start our vacation off. Also, it seemed as though someone had just taken a shower because it was still wet in the bathroom and there was a razor and shower supplies laying out. It was a bit discomforting seeing things laying out like this upon arrival; it was as if someone was going to come back to the cabin. There was also terrible lighting in the cabin and it was very dark even with all the lights on. Two of the lamps that would have added light did not even have light bulbs in them! The tenant staying in the front house at the time has two small dogs that would bark nonstop right outside our bedroom window as well and this made it difficult to get any sleep. Overall the stay was okay, but I would not go back again.
John was very nice about answering any questions we had. The cabin was exactly like the photos look like and the place was very clean upon arrival. My husband and I had a great time in Big Bear and we will re visit soon, hopefully book the same cabin as well. The cabin is very cold but all you need to do is grab some firewood and get the fireplace going and it keeps you warm through the night. My husband and I slept in the bedroom the first night but it too cold in there so we decided to use the sofa bed because we wanted to feel the warmth from the fireplace all night long and it was just as nice. Easy to sleep on and plenty of room, it was nice. Will definitely be back next year!!!
This host has 37 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews