About this listing
The Cottage is located behind my main house in a safe, quiet, residential area minutes from Coconut Grove and other SoFla attractions. Full-size bed, renovated floors and bathroom, fridge and microwave; AppleTV, WiFi, Parking, Private Entrance.
Private Tropical Cottage by the Grove:
Our secluded cottage is relaxing, quiet and pretty; lush and super clean! The design is Mexican colonial style yet functional and with all modern amenities like hi-speed WiFi, large Hi-Def TV and Apple TV...
The interior is divided by a wall that provides bedroom privacy. The couch is a daybed, perfect for napping.
At the cottage entrance you will enjoy a nice bistro table and chairs surrounded by plants for relaxing and enjoying the nice weather.
A spacious walk-in closet has room for suitcase storage, hangers, hanging storage. A wooden chest holds extra blankets and pillow.
We have a full length mirror, iron, hair dryer, charging stations.
The bathroom and kitchenette were recently remodeled. Towels provided.
You will find a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, toaster, and blender for breakfast and snack preparation. Dishes and utensils provided.
TWO free parking spaces are within the gated property.
We offer a welcome tray with wine, fruits, snacks and mixed nuts to our guests.
Your first breakfast is on us too! Cereal, orange juice and milk.
Coffee, tea, mini-bar bottles, creamer, sweeteners, and toiletries are also complimentary!
Please read our great reviews! We are the best value in Miami.
A separate entrance to the cottage gives guests unique privacy in comparison to other attached "studios" or "private rooms."
The cottage is divided from the main house by a wooden fence and an illuminated hedged brick pathway.
Gated covered parking is included on the property for your vehicle.
Our keyless door lock system is convenient for anytime arrival. Your custom combination code is provided days earlier by email with all instructions and videos.
Interaction with Guests
We always try to be present to introduce ourselves for check-in and for any orientation you may require.
If we are not at the property, we leave everything ready for your arrival and are always available voice or text.
More than an inexpensive rental, our goal is for you to remember your stay with a big smile!
Silver Bluff Estates is a safe, lush and quiet neighborhood founded around 1920.
Coral Way Scenic Road is only 9 blocks to the north, where plenty of small businesses cater to all of our community needs. You will find restaurants, shopping and all kinds of services at local reasonable prices.
U.S. 1 / S. Dixie Highway is two blocks south is a quick access to move North East-South West
Ramp to Federal Highway I-95 is only 1.5 miles from us.
Coconut Grove, Miami Beach, Key Biscayne, Brickell, Wynwood, Coral Gables, South Miami and Little Havana are only a few minutes away due to quick access to U.S. 1, SW 22nd and SW 27th Ave as well Coral Way and Metrorail.
(Check the photos section to see the actual maps to different locations and distances around the city)
Access to Kendall and surrounding areas is very convenient also taking U.S. 1 and Bird Road.
Our next-door neighbor is a veteran Miami police officer, our other neighbors to the east are a retired friendly senior couple.
Supermarket and pharmacy:
Our local Publix supermarket and CVS pharmacy are just 1.3 miles away: 4 minutes drive or a 15 minutes walk.
Gas stations are 0.5 mile away.
Miami International Airport (MIA) is only 6.3 miles from our place. Usual transit time is 15-20 min. Cabs fare is around $25.00 USD
Uber and Lyft $15.00 USD
Many of our guests have been using UBER and LYFT successfully. Plentiful, cleaner and cheaper than regular taxis.
Ask us for discount codes if you are new to these services. Your first rides are free.
We recommend vehicle rental from the airport.
Coconut Grove Metrorail Rail Station is less than 20 min. walk.
Bus stops on SW 22nd and SW 27 Avenue.
* CocoWalk: 1.5 miles (5 minutes)
* Dadeland Mall: 6.5 Miles (20 minutes)
* Dolphin Mall: 12 miles (30 minutes)
* The Shops at Sunset Place 4.3 miles (20 minutes)
* Lincoln Road Mall: 10.3 miles (20 minutes)
* Bayside Marketplace: 5 miles (10 minutes)
* The Falls: 10 Miles (25 minutes)
* Aventura Mall: 20 miles (30 minutes)
* Sawgrass Mills Mall: 45 minutes
* Village of Merrick Park: 2.2 miles (10 minutes)
* The Shops at Midtown Miami 7.6 miles (20 minutes)
* Bal Harbour Shops: 17.5 miles (35 minutes)
Other Things to Note
Complimentary goodies for you:
Tray with assorted snacks :)
Bottle of wine,
Regular or Almond milk
Ground fresh coffee,
ketchup, mayo and mustard
Welcome bowl with candy
All included in your rental at no additional cost!
- Keyless entry to property.
- Free High-speed Wifi service included (20Mbps / 5Mbps )
- Brand new fridge, microwave oven, toaster, blender and coffee maker. Three touchless automatic trash cans. LED shower head with temperature display.
- Apple TV, Netflix, HuluPlus suscriptions and Local TV, included. Large HD Samsung TV. NO CABLE TV.
- Three convenient charging stations for phones, tablets and laptops.
- Kitchenette fully stocked with cutlery, dinnerware, and glasses. No stove.
- Fresh linen provided: bedding and towels. Two super comfy robes.
- Shampoo, body wash, soap and conditioner included.
- Patio bistro table with two chairs and ashtray.
- Spacious walk-in closet with full-body mirror doors.
- Hairdryer, night lights, iron & iron board.
- Two stand-up fans
- First-aid kit, smoke & CO detectors, fire extinguisher.
- 3 Beach towels, tote bags and 2 coolers for your beach excursion.
- Plenty of local attraction brochures, maps and recommended restaurants.
- Patio water hose.
- Our Property has video surveillance.
NO SMOKING INSIDE
No things down the drains or toilet
No candles or anything flammable
No illegal drugs
No Pets (exceptions apply, please ask)
No unauthorized guests.
Do not remove decorative items, they are not souvenirs.
Have a great stay!!
We have lived in the Coconut Grove area and Bay Harbor Islands for nearly two decades, hosting family, friends and business clients for over ten years. Our cottage has evolved into a really warm and cozy place to stay yet functional and with all modern amenities.
We have stayed in countless accommodations around the globe and understand what makes a traveler happy, comfortable and relaxed. We have applied this experience to our cottage and as you will read in our reviews, our guests have greatly appreciated it.
We love what we do in the hospitality industry, meeting new people, making them feel at home, thinking of the little details that make our guests' stay memorable.
We love travel, great food, music, theater, ballet, films and cultural events!
We have learned so many interesting things and stories from our guests since we started this great experience in January 2014!
It is very rewarding listening how our guests enjoyed their stay and how sometimes our recommendations really enhanced their South Florida adventure.
We can always offer recommendations on dining, shopping, attractions, transportation, what's nearby. Visit South Florida like a local on a reasonable budget!
Feel free to ask any questions. We are always on call to hear from you.
Fernand & Kathy