Historical building! 16th century Villa surrounded by olive groves. Free Wifi and private parking. Car not necessary: only 1 km from town's center and shops. Bus stop to Florence (12 Km) in front of entrance gate. Perfectly located to explore Tuscany
Located in Impruneta , on the edge of Chianti, Apartment Saladino is a comfortable 70 sqm apartment consisting of:
• Bedroom with king size double bed,
• Large living room with sofa bed and kitchen with appliance (oven and dishwasher included),
• Bathroom with shower and washing machine.
Old terracotta floors and high beamed ceilings.
All furniture and paintings on the walls are antique and belong to our family collection.
Walls are thicker than 50 cm (20 inches), as it was customary centuries ago in this kind of buildings to ensure cool even in the hottest summers .
Apartment Saladino is located on the ground floor of our family property, Villa Saladini , a 16th century Villa surrounded by a beautiful park and by olive groves.
Apartment has direct access from the garden.
Our guests will have full access to the whole property, which includes two large sunny lawns, a big shady area under pine trees and orchads, 6 hectars of olive groves surrounded by over 20 hectars of wood.
In the garden you will find table and chairs and deck chairs for your relax.
The Villa main Hall, full of history and charm, is at guest disposal on request.
Interaction with Guests
Let us introduce ourselves you to:
We are Perla and Marco, we are married and live in the Villa with our two children, Bernardo and Beatrice .
The Villa belongs to our family for many generations , ever since it was built over 500 years ago and it has a special charm, the entire building is filled with objects of the past, old letters , furniture and paintings collected over the centuries by the family members .
We love this place and we will be glad to show it to you !
We do our best to make our guests feel at home .
Upon your arrival we will welcome you with Florence and Chianti maps, tourist information including main museums opening hours, events of the month , some useful guides , bus timetables , etc.
We will also offer you a welcome gift and discounted tickets to nearby restaurants.
In the hope of meeting all your needs, we have organized to offer various additional services on request: homemade breakfast and dinner, organic Chianti wine and oil tastings, professional cooking lessons (we have an agreement with a cooking school to have a professional chef teaching private lessons in the Villa kitchen), non-professional cooking lessons (I can teach you personally how to make homemade pasta), car with driver to visit Chianti, vineyards and castles tours, Guided Florence tours, shuttle service... and much more.
If you are interested in something in particular, just let us know and we will give you more details :)
Impruneta is a hill town located between the valleys of the Greve and the Ema streams, about 20 minutes south of Florence. It was known in ancient times as "in prunetis" or "in pineta" (within the pine woods) and indeed remnants of beautiful pine forests may still be seen interspersed among the olive groves on some of the surrounding hills.
The Church of Santa Maria at Impruneta became ever more well-known for the sacred and miraculous effigy of the Madonna housed there. Pilgrims came in large numbers and a famous fair took place and still takes place on the feast of Saint Luke, 18 October. Originally a feast associated with the movement and sale of livestock, it is now celebrated with stalls, dinners and horse races.
A small village important for the production of pottery had developed near the church. The first record of terracotta manufacture dates from 1098 and the production of terracotta tiles, pottery and bricks has continued to flourish to the present time. The church and its treasure, and the pottery kilns and their output are the principal reasons to visit Impruneta.
However, there are many other interesting sights in Impruneta and nearby, and throughout the year there are festivals and cultural activities.
And if you are interested in castles, Chianti is full of them and they are described in the itineraries of the Chianti Castles route.
The Villa is located less than 1 km from the town's main square and from shops and amenities.
There is a bus stop in town and there also is a bus stop for the nearby city of Florence (12 Km) in front of entrance gate.
Buses run on average every 30 minutes and the last ride in the evening arrives in Impruneta around 8:50 pm. Buses are perfect for visiting Florence during the day and return in the evening and we will be happy to provide all the necessary information and timetables.
For those coming by car, Villa Saladini is ideally located as a base to explore Tuscany .
We are located just 6 km from the exit “Firenze-Impruneta"of the A1 highway and from the beginning of the road which connects Florence to Siena. From here you can easily reach all places of cultural interest and the most beautiful towns in Tuscany, such as:
• Siena : 60 km 1 hour
• Pisa 100 km 1 hour and 30 minutes
• Lucca : 90 km 1 hour
• Pistoia : 50 km 45 minutes
• Arezzo : 80 km 1 hour
and also San Casciano Val di Pesa (12 km) , Greve in Chianti ( 15 km) , Certaldo (36 km ), Colle Val d' Elsa (40 km ), San Gimignano (45 km), and the renowned spa town of Montecatini Terme ( 60 km)
Villa Saladini is therefore the ideal place to relax surrounded by a beautiful environment, but also an excellent base for visiting Florence , the beautiful Chianti countryside and the most charming towns in Tuscany.
The purpose of these rules is to make your stay enjoyable and hassle free.
• Check in time starts from 4:00 p.m., unless otherwise agreed in advance with the owner.
• On the day of your departure the apartment must be released (check out) before 10:00 a.m. In order to give us the possibility to prepare the apartment in time for guests arriving after you, please respect check out time.
• Please always close with the key the main entrance of the Villa and/or the Apartment entrance.
• Take care of the keys.
• Take care of all objects and furniture you find inside the apartment; do not change the positioning and / or take anything outside the room without permission of the owner.
• Do not throw anything down the toilet, the sink or the shower drain (tampons, sanitary napkins, baby diapers, panty liners). Please also do not use detergents harmful to the environment such as bleaching agents and the like and do not dispose of oil and food waste down the drain or the toilet. This could cause serious fillings!
• Always use the provided linen for the beds. If you will not, the owner will charge you the costs for the cleaning of blankets, pillows and mattresses.
• Avoid staining the walls crushing mosquitoes, but rather use spray equipment easily available in all the shops in the area.
• Did you bring a pet? Be careful that it does not ruin the furniture or the floor and keep big dogs on a leash when they go out.
• Make good use of electricity (turn off the light when you leave the apartment in the evening and the outside light when you fall).
• Please respect the garden and do not light fires! Avoid passing through with car on the lawn or garden. It is strictly prohibited setting up tents.
THANKS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Everything was amazing! We enjoyed so much staying in a place with that much history. What an experience. Everything is as described and Perla was so nice and welcoming. Definitely recommended for a true experience in Tuscany.
Ci siamo trovati benissimo. Il posto è veramente incantevole. I proprietari sono stati gentilissimi e disponibile. L'appartamento è grande, pulito e dispone di tutto il necessario. La zona è eccelente per visitare Firenze e il Chianti. Ottima scelta!
Plenty of contact and helpful info before arrival, and Perla collected me with warmest welcome and punctually from SMN station. Very characteristic and peaceful location. Easy bus service to the gate for days in Florence and secure parking in grounds for car.
I am glad that I took up the offer of some grocery shopping done in advance for me, a great help.
Host are very intelligent and charming.
Due to lightening storm damage before
I arrived, there was a change of apartments and I was given a choice in plenty of time.
I was staying in November and there was good heating. Breakfast delivered to apartment is well worth the charge . . I believe I could have taken this in the dining room. One day had a fine lunch with my visiting family and much enjoyed the dining and sitting room with open fire. Marco is interesting about his family home.
Definitely recommend if you want a properly home made experience and chance to stay in an old tuscan family home. I travel alone and felt completely secure.
We had a lovely time at Villa Saladini with Perla and Marco. The house is amazing, and the hosts were both really warm and welcoming. The town of Impruneta was picturesque and an easy bus ride into Florence. Bonus in the form of both ladies and mens' hairdressers to tidy us up after a couple of months on the road. Tip: make sure you try Perla's lasagne made to an old family recipe - absolutely delicious!! We definitely recommend a stay at this host.
Perla cooked us a wonderful meal upon our arrival. 3 appetizers, wonderful lasagna and great wine. Being a 500 year old home it was a very cool place to stay. The bus was very convenient and she provided several maps and was a fount of information. Her English was perfect so communication for us was excellent.
We spent a very enjoyable couple of weeks traveling across Italy, and staying here was easily one of the best parts. The villa is beautiful, and Perla is an absolute delight. We kept her up far too late more than once because she was such fun to talk and laugh with, and we didn't want the evening to end. We can't wait to come back.
A few notes:
- We stayed in Impruneta primarily for its proximity to Florence, but next time around, we plan to spend more time in Impruneta itself. It's a charming little town, with plenty of interesting history of its own.
- The bus schedule in Impruneta is a little looser than in Florence. Get to the stops ten minutes early, or you might find the bus has already come and gone. We had the best results walking into Impruneta and catching the bus in the town square.
- The last bus from Florence back to Impruneta leaves before 9pm, so if you want to stay in Florence later in the evening, you'll be better off with a taxi or your own car.
- Spend at least one quiet evening just relaxing in the villa, enjoying Perla's home cooking and a carafe of Chianti. It's one of our favorite moments from the trip.
We loved it here. Highly recommended.
We enjoyed the apartment very (website hidden) was very comfortable and quiet and Perla made us feel very welcome. We had an excellent dinner and the tour of the house was very interesting and enjoyable.
Perla and Marco were very helpful with info on bus schedules and info on where to get things like groceries,coffee ect. and where to park in town.
She had tourist info and maps prepared for our use which was very helpful.
We would stay again if we are ever in the area in the future.
This host has 55 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I live in Impruneta, a small town at the edge of Chianti, a few kilometers from Florence.
I'm married with Marco, who manages with me the apartments we rent.
The Villa where we live belonged to our family for generations and we love it.
We have 2 wonderful kids: Bernardo and Beatrice, they are the joy of our life.
We like countryside, good wine and the olive oil we produce... we wait for you!
Vivo ad Impruneta a pochi chilometri da Firenze e sono sposata con Marco che gestisce con me gli appartamenti che affittiamo e che si trovano accanto alla nostra casa, all'interno della Villa e della proprietà che appartiene alla nostra famiglia da generazioni. Abbiamo due splendidi bambini: Bernardo e Beatrice, loro sono la gioia della nostra vita!
Ci piace la campagna, il buon vino e l'olio che produciamo noi... vi aspettiamo!