About this listing
Historical building! 16th century Villa surrounded by olive groves. Free Wifi and private parking. Car not necessary: only 1 km from town's center and shops. Bus stop to Florence (12 Km) in front of entrance gate. Perfectly located to explore Tuscany
Located in Impruneta , on the edge of Chianti, Apartment Saladino is a comfortable 70 sqm apartment consisting of:
• Bedroom with king size double bed,
• Large living room with sofa bed and kitchen with appliance (oven and dishwasher included),
• Bathroom with shower and washing machine.
Old terracotta floors and high beamed ceilings.
All furniture and paintings on the walls are antique and belong to our family collection.
Walls are thicker than 50 cm (20 inches), as it was customary centuries ago in this kind of buildings to ensure cool even in the hottest summers .
Apartment Saladino is located on the ground floor of our family property, Villa Saladini , a 16th century Villa surrounded by a beautiful park and by olive groves.
Apartment has direct access from the garden.
Our guests will have full access to the whole property, which includes two large sunny lawns, a big shady area under pine trees and orchads, 6 hectars of olive groves surrounded by over 20 hectars of wood.
In the garden you will find table and chairs and deck chairs for your relax.
The Villa main Hall, full of history and charm, is at guest disposal on request.
Interaction with Guests
Let us introduce ourselves you to:
We are Perla and Marco, we are married and live in the Villa with our two children, Bernardo and Beatrice .
The Villa belongs to our family for many generations , ever since it was built over 500 years ago and it has a special charm, the entire building is filled with objects of the past, old letters , furniture and paintings collected over the centuries by the family members .
We love this place and we will be glad to show it to you !
We do our best to make our guests feel at home .
Upon your arrival we will welcome you with Florence and Chianti maps, tourist information including main museums opening hours, events of the month , some useful guides , bus timetables , etc.
We will also offer you a welcome gift and discounted tickets to nearby restaurants.
In the hope of meeting all your needs, we have organized to offer various additional services on request: homemade breakfast and dinner, organic Chianti wine and oil tastings, professional cooking lessons (we have an agreement with a cooking school to have a professional chef teaching private lessons in the Villa kitchen), non-professional cooking lessons (I can teach you personally how to make homemade pasta), car with driver to visit Chianti, vineyards and castles tours, Guided Florence tours, shuttle service... and much more.
If you are interested in something in particular, just let us know and we will give you more details :)
Impruneta is a hill town located between the valleys of the Greve and the Ema streams, about 20 minutes south of Florence. It was known in ancient times as "in prunetis" or "in pineta" (within the pine woods) and indeed remnants of beautiful pine forests may still be seen interspersed among the olive groves on some of the surrounding hills.
The Church of Santa Maria at Impruneta became ever more well-known for the sacred and miraculous effigy of the Madonna housed there. Pilgrims came in large numbers and a famous fair took place and still takes place on the feast of Saint Luke, 18 October. Originally a feast associated with the movement and sale of livestock, it is now celebrated with stalls, dinners and horse races.
A small village important for the production of pottery had developed near the church. The first record of terracotta manufacture dates from 1098 and the production of terracotta tiles, pottery and bricks has continued to flourish to the present time. The church and its treasure, and the pottery kilns and their output are the principal reasons to visit Impruneta.
However, there are many other interesting sights in Impruneta and nearby, and throughout the year there are festivals and cultural activities.
And if you are interested in castles, Chianti is full of them and they are described in the itineraries of the Chianti Castles route.
The Villa is located less than 1 km from the town's main square and from shops and amenities.
There is a bus stop in town and there also is a bus stop for the nearby city of Florence (12 Km) in front of entrance gate.
Buses run on average every 30 minutes and the last ride in the evening arrives in Impruneta around 8:50 pm. Buses are perfect for visiting Florence during the day and return in the evening and we will be happy to provide all the necessary information and timetables.
For those coming by car, Villa Saladini is ideally located as a base to explore Tuscany .
We are located just 6 km from the exit “Firenze-Impruneta"of the A1 highway and from the beginning of the road which connects Florence to Siena. From here you can easily reach all places of cultural interest and the most beautiful towns in Tuscany, such as:
• Siena : 60 km 1 hour
• Pisa 100 km 1 hour and 30 minutes
• Lucca : 90 km 1 hour
• Pistoia : 50 km 45 minutes
• Arezzo : 80 km 1 hour
and also San Casciano Val di Pesa (12 km) , Greve in Chianti ( 15 km) , Certaldo (36 km ), Colle Val d' Elsa (40 km ), San Gimignano (45 km), and the renowned spa town of Montecatini Terme ( 60 km)
Villa Saladini is therefore the ideal place to relax surrounded by a beautiful environment, but also an excellent base for visiting Florence , the beautiful Chianti countryside and the most charming towns in Tuscany.
The purpose of these rules is to make your stay enjoyable and hassle free.
• Check in time starts from 4:00 p.m., unless otherwise agreed in advance with the owner.
• On the day of your departure the apartment must be released (check out) before 10:00 a.m. In order to give us the possibility to prepare the apartment in time for guests arriving after you, please respect check out time.
• Please always close with the key the main entrance of the Villa and/or the Apartment entrance.
• Take care of the keys.
• Take care of all objects and furniture you find inside the apartment; do not change the positioning and / or take anything outside the room without permission of the owner.
• Do not throw anything down the toilet, the sink or the shower drain (tampons, sanitary napkins, baby diapers, panty liners). Please also do not use detergents harmful to the environment such as bleaching agents and the like and do not dispose of oil and food waste down the drain or the toilet. This could cause serious fillings!
• Always use the provided linen for the beds. If you will not, the owner will charge you the costs for the cleaning of blankets, pillows and mattresses.
• Avoid staining the walls crushing mosquitoes, but rather use spray equipment easily available in all the shops in the area.
• Did you bring a pet? Be careful that it does not ruin the furniture or the floor and keep big dogs on a leash when they go out.
• Make good use of electricity (turn off the light when you leave the apartment in the evening and the outside light when you fall).
• Please respect the garden and do not light fires! Avoid passing through with car on the lawn or garden. It is strictly prohibited setting up tents.
THANKS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
From Oct 30, 2015 - Mar 13, 2016 the minimum stay is 3 nights.