"Best Airbnb ever!" Luxury studio apartment. Fully furnished, full kitchen, memory foam mattress bed. Desirable neighborhood location, close to downtown and UT campus.
Modern luxury studio apartment. Contemporary and elegant design with everything you need in a cozy (small) but comfortable space.
Located in the Hyde Park neighborhood in central Austin, a very nice popular residential neighborhood just north of the UT campus and only a few miles from downtown.
We're a block from Shipe Park, which features tennis courts, a playground, and a swimming pool during the summer. Easy and free on-street parking.
The loft features:
• A full kitchen with an induction cooktop, microwave, and sink with a disposal, and refrigerator.
• Queen size bed with memory foam mattress.
• Flatscreen TV (no cable, but there is a DVD/Blu-ray player and free streaming Netflix included).
• Leather couch and ottoman.
• High speed wifi internet access.
• 300 square feet (plus 75 square feet of closet / storage space).
• Two big skylights that open for ventilation.
• Linens and towels are included.
Interaction with guests
We're available as needed to answer questions about the loft or about Austin.
Other things to note
* PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING: *
• It has sloped ceilings that are pretty low in the bathroom, so you may not be able to use the bathroom and shower comfortably if you're tall (taller than about 6' or so).
• The short set of stairs going up to it are *very* steep. It's only 7 steps, but they're very steep, so it's not recommended if you may have any difficulty with that. (The depth of each stair tread is about 6", with a rise of about 9" for each step.)
• It's very comfortable but it's a *small* space ("cozy" as realtors say). The photos should give you an accurate idea of the size of it.
• No pets, no smoking (of any kind).
• No burning of candles or incense.
• Please keep the door locked (for security).
• The apartment is above a house that is shared with other people, so guests can't be loud, especially at night.
• No more than 4 people may be in the apartment at a time (it's small, and noise can be an issue if there are too many visitors).
• Please turn off the A/C when you leave the apartment. It cools down / warms up quickly, so there's no need to leave it running while you're out.
From Oct 24, 2017 - Oct 31, 2018 the minimum stay is 30 nights.
We're a married couple, both college graduates. I am a social worker in town and my husband is a entrepreneur/ business owner. We decided to list our spare loft on Airbnb after using Airbnb as a guest traveling overseas last summer.