About this listing
"Best Airbnb ever!" Luxury studio apartment. Fully furnished, full kitchen, memory foam mattress bed. Desirable neighborhood location, close to downtown and UT campus.
Modern luxury studio apartment. Contemporary and elegant design with everything you need in a cozy (small) but comfortable space.
Located in the Hyde Park neighborhood in central Austin, a very nice popular residential neighborhood just north of the UT campus and only a few miles from downtown.
We're a block from Shipe Park, which features tennis courts, a playground, and a swimming pool during the summer. Easy and free on-street parking.
The loft features:
• A full kitchen with an induction cooktop, microwave, and sink with a disposal, and refrigerator.
• Queen size bed with memory foam mattress.
• Flatscreen TV (no cable, but there is a DVD/Blu-ray player and free streaming Netflix included).
• Leather couch and ottoman.
• High speed wifi internet access.
• 300 square feet (plus 75 square feet of closet / storage space).
• Two big skylights that open for ventilation.
• Linens and towels are included.
Interaction with Guests
We're available as needed to answer questions about the loft or about Austin.
• A bus stop is right around the corner for quick bus access to downtown or elsewhere.
• Easy, free street parking in front of the house.
• We're about 4 miles north of downtown Austin, easily accessible by car or bus.
• Just 1 mile north of the University of Texas campus (with a free shuttle bus stopping stopping nearby).
• A nearby bike shop rents bikes, or you can use SpokeFly (peer-to-peer bike rental in Austin).
Other Things to Note
* PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING: *
• It has sloped ceilings that are pretty low in the bathroom, so you may not be able to use the bathroom and shower comfortably if you're tall (taller than about 6' or so).
• The short set of stairs going up to it are *very* steep. It's only 7 steps, but they're very steep, so it's not recommended if you may have any difficulty with that. (The depth of each stair tread is about 6", with a rise of about 9" for each step.)
• It's very comfortable but it's a *small* space ("cozy" as realtors say). The photos should give you an accurate idea of the size of it.
• No pets, no smoking (of any kind).
• Please keep the door locked (for security).
• The apartment is above a house that is shared with other people, so guests can't be loud, especially at night.
• No more than 4 people may be in the apartment at a time (it's small, and noise can be an issue if there are too many visitors).
From Jul 24 - Aug 2, 2015 the minimum stay is 2 nights.
We enjoyed our stay in David and Kristy's apartment. The apartment was very clean. The neighborhood is nice and in a good location. We would stay there again.
Kristy and David were wonderful hosts! They acclimated us to their loft and provided us with answers to all our questions. The loft is small but beautifully decorated and equipped with dimmer lights, adequate fans/air conditioning, frig, stove top and oven - all the necessities+! It is located in the university area of Austin so there are fun, eclectic eateries and shops in walking distance.
I had a very nice month-long stay in this stylish apartment. Kristy and David were available and helpful in dealing with a couple of minor issues and were very friendly. I would stay here again and probably will next summer.
Davids and Kristy’s loft is a great little place and an excellent example of how to make the most of limited space. It is indeed very modern and a nice touch is how all the light can be controlled and dimmed. It gets quite hot in the evenings, but the aircon is very gentle and silent, and works like a charm. The neighbourhood is full of old houses and massive trees and offers a relaxed atmosphere, but with cafés and shopping close by. We were very pleased with the flexibility that we could check-in ourselves and found everything self-explanatory and in perfect order. Finally, we got swift replies in the communication with David and Kristy.
Lovely little place in a wonderful neighborhood; small, but perfect for what we needed. Everything was very clean & well kept. Kristy was very responsive from the beginning, super organized, and provided us with all the information we needed. We had a great time!
David and Kristy's loft was perfect and pristine and the bed was very comfortable! Even though they were out of town when we arrived, they sent us a video with the information about the loft and what we needed to get in. During our stay, we found that we spent most of our time in South Austin so we had to Uber there every day. Other than that, it was great!
About the Host, David And Kristy
We're a married couple, both college graduates. I am a social worker in town and my husband is a entrepreneur/ business owner. We decided to list our spare loft on Airbnb after using Airbnb as a guest traveling overseas last summer.