"Best Airbnb ever!" Luxury studio apartment. Fully furnished, full kitchen, memory foam mattress bed. Desirable neighborhood location, close to downtown and UT campus.
Modern luxury studio apartment. Contemporary and elegant design with everything you need in a cozy (small) but comfortable space.
Located in the Hyde Park neighborhood in central Austin, a very nice popular residential neighborhood just north of the UT campus and only a few miles from downtown.
We're a block from Shipe Park, which features tennis courts, a playground, and a swimming pool during the summer. Easy and free on-street parking.
The loft features:
• A full kitchen with an induction cooktop, microwave, and sink with a disposal, and refrigerator.
• Queen size bed with memory foam mattress.
• Flatscreen TV (no cable, but there is a DVD/Blu-ray player and free streaming Netflix included).
• Leather couch and ottoman.
• High speed wifi internet access.
• 300 square feet (plus 75 square feet of closet / storage space).
• Two big skylights that open for ventilation.
• Linens and towels are included.
Interaction with Guests
We're available as needed to answer questions about the loft or about Austin.
• A bus stop is right around the corner for quick bus access to downtown or elsewhere.
• Easy, free street parking in front of the house.
• We're about 4 miles north of downtown Austin, easily accessible by car or bus.
• Just 1 mile north of the University of Texas campus (with a free shuttle bus stopping stopping nearby).
• A nearby bike shop rents bikes, or you can use SpokeFly (peer-to-peer bike rental in Austin).
Other Things to Note
* PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING: *
• It has sloped ceilings that are pretty low in the bathroom, so you may not be able to use the bathroom and shower comfortably if you're tall (taller than about 6' or so).
• The short set of stairs going up to it are *very* steep. It's only 7 steps, but they're very steep, so it's not recommended if you may have any difficulty with that. (The depth of each stair tread is about 6", with a rise of about 9" for each step.)
• It's very comfortable but it's a *small* space ("cozy" as realtors say). The photos should give you an accurate idea of the size of it.
• No pets, no smoking.
• Please keep the door locked (for security).
• No pets, no smoking.
One of the coolest airbnb locations we've ever stayed. David and Kristy were extremely helpful and very attentive from start to finish. The space is small but designed so well that it didn't feel that way. We even had 2 extra guests over the weekend that used an air mattress. Extremely clean, plenty of storage, and very private. We found the kitchen, bathroom, and entire space to be more than adequate. Everything was luxurious, modern, and well-thought.
Great location. Hyde Park ended up being our favorite neighborhood even after exploring the city and downtown areas on our rented bikes. We rented from Austin Bike Rental (can't recommend them enough!), which was far more affordable than other local shops. Plenty of coffee shops, restaurants, and yoga studios in the neighborhood and only a 15min enjoyable bike-ride to downtown.
David and Kristy's Studio Loft is a small gem in the Austin Hyde Park area. It's spotlessly clean, very new and modern, with a real design feel to it. The communication was fast and flawless and the video to show the check-in procedure is a a find I'd wish more people would use!
Only downside would be for people over 1 meter 85. Then the bed and part of the room might start to feel too cosy...
Area is great too, with good restaurants and coffee bars nearby.
Excellent stay all around. Our hosts went the extra mile when we had delays in arriving and made us feel welcome. Apartment is exactly as described and very well done. It makes one feel like they are in Europe, with all the amenities in the loft space. Microwave, stove, oven... everything we could have needed was available. The neighborhood is cute and close to everything we wanted to do. Fantastic place and hosts. Would recommend to anyone.
The modern studio loft was just as described. Perfect unit for a weekend getaway with my boyfriend. The hosts were very responsive and everything regarding the stay was clearly communicated. As my first Air BnB experience, I give it ab A+
Kristy is extremely kind and immediately made me feel welcome. She even put together a little guide book of Austin with handy numbers and maps! Even though I didn't have a need to contact her during my stay, I knew I felt comfortable doing so if I did. The loft was adorable and clean and exactly as advertised-- there were even chocolates on the pillows! 10/10 will rent again.
Fun loft not far from downtown and close to a lot of different neighborhood dining options. The hosts were quick to respond and helped us store our bags when checking out. Had a great stay and would recommend to all.
We're a married couple, both college graduates. I am a social worker in town and my husband is a entrepreneur/ business owner. We decided to list our spare loft on Airbnb after using Airbnb as a guest traveling overseas last summer.