About This Listing
"Best Airbnb ever!" Luxury studio apartment. Fully furnished, full kitchen, memory foam mattress bed. Desirable neighborhood location, close to downtown and UT campus.
Modern luxury studio apartment. Contemporary and elegant design with everything you need in a cozy (small) but comfortable space.
Located in the Hyde Park neighborhood in central Austin, a very nice popular residential neighborhood just north of the UT campus and only a few miles from downtown.
We're a block from Shipe Park, which features tennis courts, a playground, and a swimming pool during the summer. Easy and free on-street parking.
The loft features:
• A full kitchen with an induction cooktop, microwave, and sink with a disposal, and refrigerator.
• Queen size bed with memory foam mattress.
• Flatscreen TV (no cable, but there is a DVD/Blu-ray player and free streaming Netflix included).
• Leather couch and ottoman.
• High speed wifi internet access.
• 300 square feet (plus 75 square feet of closet / storage space).
• Two big skylights that open for ventilation.
• Linens and towels are included.
Interaction with Guests
We're available as needed to answer questions about the loft or about Austin.
• A bus stop is right around the corner for quick bus access to downtown or elsewhere.
• Easy, free street parking in front of the house.
• We're about 4 miles north of downtown Austin, easily accessible by car or bus.
• Just 1 mile north of the University of Texas campus (with a free shuttle bus stopping stopping nearby).
• A nearby bike shop rents bikes, or you can use SpokeFly (peer-to-peer bike rental in Austin).
Other Things to Note
* PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING: *
• It has sloped ceilings that are pretty low in the bathroom, so you may not be able to use the bathroom and shower comfortably if you're tall (taller than about 6' or so).
• The short set of stairs going up to it are *very* steep. It's only 7 steps, but they're very steep, so it's not recommended if you may have any difficulty with that. (The depth of each stair tread is about 6", with a rise of about 9" for each step.)
• It's very comfortable but it's a *small* space ("cozy" as realtors say). The photos should give you an accurate idea of the size of it.
• No pets, no smoking (of any kind).
• Please keep the door locked (for security).
• The apartment is above a house that is shared with other people, so guests can't be overly loud, especially at night.
From Jun 23 - 28, 2015 the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Davids and Kristy’s loft is a great little place and an excellent example of how to make the most of limited space. It is indeed very modern and a nice touch is how all the light can be controlled and dimmed. It gets quite hot in the evenings, but the aircon is very gentle and silent, and works like a charm. The neighbourhood is full of old houses and massive trees and offers a relaxed atmosphere, but with cafés and shopping close by. We were very pleased with the flexibility that we could check-in ourselves and found everything self-explanatory and in perfect order. Finally, we got swift replies in the communication with David and Kristy.
Lovely little place in a wonderful neighborhood; small, but perfect for what we needed. Everything was very clean & well kept. Kristy was very responsive from the beginning, super organized, and provided us with all the information we needed. We had a great time!
David and Kristy's loft was perfect and pristine and the bed was very comfortable! Even though they were out of town when we arrived, they sent us a video with the information about the loft and what we needed to get in. During our stay, we found that we spent most of our time in South Austin so we had to Uber there every day. Other than that, it was great!
We had a great stay in David & Kristy's studio! The neighborhood is nice and quiet, but also super close to everything and only a quick 10 minute drive downtown. Everything in the studio is nice and organized but easy to find as well. The floorplan is perfect and everything is utilized very well. Tons of storage to keep your stuff in and they even have K-cups and oatmeal. They were very accommodating. Although I would have loved to say hello, we didn't get a chance to! Thank you for being such gracious hosts and letting us stay there!
Great place with some beautiful renovations, also very creative use of space. Everything was clean and well kept. Location was a nice quiet residential street. You will hear the other moving around below on lower floors at times but it's not bad at all.
Only real challenges are the stairs and height restrictions. The stairs are almost more like a ladder so you definitely need to be steady on your feet to get into and especially out of this place. Also, I'm not sure if I would've enjoyed this place as much if I were over 6 feet tall as I bumped my head a few times getting out of bed.
But given that you're getting a whole apartment for essentially the price of just a room that you'd get from other listings, AND you get to use a cool secret door to enter the space, I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in Austin.
About the Host, David And Kristy
We're a married couple, both college graduates. I am a social worker in town and my husband is a entrepreneur/ business owner. We decided to list our spare loft on Airbnb after using Airbnb as a guest traveling overseas last summer.
Shipe Park has tennis courts, a basketball court, a kids playground, and a pool (during the summer). Great place to go take a quick walk.Austin TX 78751
Great cultural experience at this sculpture museum.East 44th Street Austin TX 78751
LOVE their smoothies!Duval St Austin TX 78751
Great Italian.East 43rd Street Austin Texas 78751
Great sandwich deli and small grocer.Avenue B Austin TX 78751
Whether youre looking for food, gelato, drinks, or coffee, theyre got you covered.Duval Street Austin TX 78751
If youre into vegetarian, its great!Duval Street Austin TX 78751-4341
Very local.Duval Street Austin TX 78751-4311
In case you need anything in the middle of the night, theyre open 24/7.Guadalupe Street Austin TX 78751
Great pizza and beer.Guadalupe Street Austin TX 78751
The Triangle has many restaurants, bars, yogurt places, etc. including: Mandolas Italian Restaurant, Flying Saucer, Maudies Tex-Mex, Maoz Vegetarian, Yogurt Planet, Smoothie King, Chedds, and more!West Guadalupe Street Austin TX 78751
Wine bar with good food.Guadalupe Street Austin TX 78751-4222
Nice coffee place.Duval Street Austin TX 78751
If youre looking for daily bike rentals...Duval St Austin TX 78751
Love their biscuits! Great food truck nearby.Duval Street Austin TX 78751
Great little park, you can walk or run around the pond.Austin TX 78705
Awesome bakery.Airport Boulevard Austin TX 78751
Great place for groceries.Austin TX