"Best Airbnb ever!" Luxury studio apartment. Fully furnished, full kitchen, memory foam mattress bed. Desirable neighborhood location, close to downtown and UT campus.
Modern luxury studio apartment. Contemporary and elegant design with everything you need in a cozy (small) but comfortable space.
Located in the Hyde Park neighborhood in central Austin, a very nice popular residential neighborhood just north of the UT campus and only a few miles from downtown.
We're a block from Shipe Park, which features tennis courts, a playground, and a swimming pool during the summer. Easy and free on-street parking.
The loft features:
• A full kitchen with an induction cooktop, microwave, and sink with a disposal, and refrigerator.
• Queen size bed with memory foam mattress.
• Flatscreen TV (no cable, but there is a DVD/Blu-ray player and free streaming Netflix included).
• Leather couch and ottoman.
• High speed wifi internet access.
• 300 square feet (plus 75 square feet of closet / storage space).
• Two big skylights that open for ventilation.
• Linens and towels are included.
Interaction with Guests
We're available as needed to answer questions about the loft or about Austin.
• A bus stop is right around the corner for quick bus access to downtown or elsewhere.
• Easy, free street parking in front of the house.
• We're about 4 miles north of downtown Austin, easily accessible by car or bus.
• Just 1 mile north of the University of Texas campus (with a free shuttle bus stopping stopping nearby).
• A nearby bike shop rents bikes, or you can use SpokeFly (peer-to-peer bike rental in Austin).
Other Things to Note
* PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING: *
• It has sloped ceilings that are pretty low in the bathroom, so you may not be able to use the bathroom and shower comfortably if you're tall (taller than about 6' or so).
• The short set of stairs going up to it are *very* steep. It's only 7 steps, but they're very steep, so it's not recommended if you may have any difficulty with that. (The depth of each stair tread is about 6", with a rise of about 9" for each step.)
• It's very comfortable but it's a *small* space ("cozy" as realtors say). The photos should give you an accurate idea of the size of it.
• No pets, no smoking.
• Please keep the door locked (for security).
• No pets, no smoking.
We had a wonderful time staying at this modern studio loft. It was clean, inviting, and high tech! We loved every minute of it and would certainly stay there again when visiting Austin. :)
Kristy and David were amazing hosts for our weekend stay in Austin ! Kristy met us upon arrival and was so kind and made sure we had all the info we needed. She walked us through the loft and made us feel welcomed.
The loft itself was absolutely amazing ! Had everything we needed and more for a weekend stay. We would definitely love to come back and stay again for future visits to Austin.
David and Kristy's loft was the cherry on top of our weekend get away! it has the perfect modern touch, very cozy, quiet and really perfect for us! Full kitchen amenities, great cozy bed, two sky lights in the ceiling, big screen tv with netflix and a nice couch to go with it.
The communication was there-- via text or airbnb, we never had any issues getting in contact with Kristy.
The location of this loft made it easy for us to get around to different restaurants, bars, and it conveniently has a Walgreens not even a mile down for convenience store items!
Book a stay here... You won't regret it. It's pretty awesome :)
I had an absolutely wonderful experience. The hosts had thought of every little comfort for the apartment, and it was as comfortable as it was convenient. I enjoyed the modern touches, and the location was perfect. When I am visiting Austin again this is the first place I'll check.
Wonderful spot that has been very thoughtfully designed by the owner. I really loved this getaway. I only wished I had more time to hang out and enjoy all of its charms!
This loft was exactly as great as expected; super nice and clean. We fell in love with the neighborhood, and Austin in general. Though we didn't meet David in person all of our virtual interaction with he and Kristy both was great. Kristy was lovely when we checked in, and we're actually sorry we didn't happen to run into either one of them again in person.
Very convenient to our daughter's house. Truly beautiful ultra-modern loft with subtle entry way.
We're a married couple, both college graduates. I am a social worker in town and my husband is a entrepreneur/ business owner. We decided to list our spare loft on Airbnb after using Airbnb as a guest traveling overseas last summer.