Cosy and light apartment on the 2nd floor of a monumental building, built in 1885 (!), in the very populair neighbourhood 'De Pijp'. This neighbourhood is known for the vividness of it, and almost feels like a little village inside the city. The Albert Cuyp market is the most famous day market in Amsterdam. It will take about five minutes by foot to get to the center of Amsterdam. You will also be able to take the tram, stops are only a three minutes walk from the apartment. De Pijp is also known for it's shops, bars and muliticultural restaurants. The Sarphatipark and the Vondelpark are just around the corner. You will make it to the highway (A1, A2 and Ring A10) in just a couple of minutes.
The apartment is located on the second floor of a monumental building. The entrance leads to a large livingroom with big windows; showing a beautiful view on the street market. In the living room, you will find a large sofa bed. Next to the living room, you will find the bedroom, with a large double bed. We also offer 2 extra airbeds. The kitchen is fully equipped, with a micro wave, fridge, dish washer, washing machine and coffee machine. The apt has a bathroom with a toilet and shower. We provide bed linen and towels.
1. Check in: after 14.00 hrs (2 pm). Check in can be flexible as long as there are no other guests checking out before you. Please make a clear appointment with me about your expected time of arrival. Guests that arrive before that time can best leave their luggage at the apartment (or in a locker on Central Station) and start exploring the city.
2. Check out is at 12.00 (noon). For checking out the same service is offered: guests that leave the city later than 12.00 can leave their bags and hold on to the keys untel they leave (if there are no other guest in the apartment).
3. We will provide two sets of keys. If you loose a set, we will charge €35,- for replacement.
4. For Wifi you get the code.
5. If you'd like to hire bikes, as an extra service we offer the possibility to the use of our four bikes. The costs are € 5,- per bike per day. Please let us know in your booking if you would like to book our bikes too!
6. You can use everything in the kitchen and the bathroom.
At the apartment you'll find an extensive house manual with all the info you need about the apartment and the city!
Nos explico todos los detalles de la casa y que cualquier cosa que necesitáramos que habláramos con ella. La casa acorde a la descripción y el barrio genial.
Good experience .
Apartment was well located , close
to center by walking or by transport. The flat was clean. It's an apartment for 4/5 people more for friends than family . We are 5 friends and i recommended this flat for friends who want to discover, getting out and enjoyed the city of Amsterdam. Thanks Julia !
DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY!!! this was the worse experience ever.
(I'VE GOT PICTURES)
The toilet, bathroom, kitchen, walls, floor, all tables and surfaces were extremely dirty among many other issues:
- As soon as we checked in we saw the toilet and complaint it was dirty, she came again to "clean it" but it was left exactly the same, it was so dirty that it had marks in the inside as if it was not clean with bleach and a brush for at least 2 months, all surfaces of the toilet were grease and sticky, toilet sit full of hair, dust and marks, the floor hasn't been cleaned for weeks.
- We found a used shaving razor in the toilet, plenty of used toiletries
-We were given the wrong keys
- Old bed linen, old towels, no toilet paper
-Rubbish left inside the apartment, the bin was full and they recycling bin was full of pizza boxes from the previous tenants (smelly)
-The fridge was so dirty that we couldn't use it, food leftovers from the previous occupant, Kitchen cabinets full of empty alcohol bottles, dirty and sticky.
- Julia didn't care, i've ask her to come to see me and she didn't showed up, she say she was at the cinema both days, took very long to answer my messages and no solutions were offered.
-We couldn't manage the heating from the apartment, the controls were in another flat which we didn't have access to so we had to freeze or boiled as they pleased.
- Wi-Fi connexion was very slow and didn't work at times, we didn't have our own router, it was actually shared with the whole building, she is renting several flats in the same building.
- The area was not great, there is a noisy and huge street market, nothing nice, cheap stuff.
- Dirty mirrors
- One of my friends slept on a matters on the floor
- They just painted the corridor at the entrance and we all end up with white marks on our jackets and bags, there was no signs, dirty stairs, the front door was dirty, dusty, not appealing at all.
- The pictures have nothing to do with the actual look and feel of the flat.
- I could not find a single bottle of cleaning products or even a mop, she clearly only hoover the flat and checked us in.
- in all honesty the size of the flat is good for 4 ppl for a couple of days, Location is ok and easy accesible if we had a clean flat this review would've been a lot different but it was so disappointing to pay 200 euros per night for a filthy dirty flat and no take responsibility for it, we offered Julia to meet up and compensate us somehow maybe with a small refund and she never showed up!!
ADVICE DON'T STAY HERE EVEN IF IT'S FOR FREE!!!
Julia è stata come sempre un'host all'altezza del nome, mi è venuta incontro in tutti i sensi, ed è stata super disponibile, anche il suo amico Robert che ci ha illustrato la casa è stato molto gentile e ci ha dato buoni consigli sulla città. L'appartamento è piccolo,ma non manca niente.Non è molto centrale, ma i bus sono puntualissimi e le fermate vicine a casa (anche a piedi si raggiunge il centro in 15 min) il quartiere è davvero caratteristico e molto popolato, grazie al mercato ed a vari locali, ristoranti e negozi molto interessanti. Che dire, ero già innamorata di Amsterdam, ma viverla in un appartamento come questo mi ha dato la sensazione di sentirla ancora più vicina, non sarei mai voluta partire!
Julia's apartment is exactly as you'd see in the pictures - bright, spacious yet extremely cosy, in other words, a home away from home. Her place is very centrally located - the famous Amsterdam street market (Albert Cuyp market) is just downstairs, and Amsterdam central is a 10-15mins tram ride away.
Will certainly be hoping to be put up there again if I stop over at Amsterdam.
check in and check out were uncomplicated and the apartment was great ! the neighbourhood was very interesting with a lot of small bars and shops
We had a great time in the apartement! Piet, thanks a lot for your hospitality, your nightlife-tipps – and the beer of course!
This host has 433 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hi! I am Julia, your host in beautifull Amsterdam.
My boyfriend and I are passionate travellers ourselves, so we understand the importance of a good vacation home. In (phone number hidden) and 2013 we have travelled to Italy (Roma, Milano, Lago di Garda, Venezia, Riccione, San Marino), Spain (Ibiza, Mallorca, Madrid, Barcelona), England (London, Newcastle, Carlisle, Ipswich), Austria (Vienna), Germany (Berlin, Dusseldorf, Koln), Belgium (Antwerp, Bruge, Brussel), France (Paris, Lille), Morocco (Agadir, Tagazoute, Marrakech), Slovenia (Lubljana), USA (NYC, Atlanta, Hourston, Chicago), Belize, Croatia (Zagreb, Zadar, Pula), Serbia (Beograd), Ukraine (Kiev, Kharkov, Odessa), Russia (Moscow) and India (Bombay, Goa) and we have many many more places on our wish list :-)
We love hosting and meeting people from other countries and we try our best to make your stay as comfortable as possible. If you need any information about the city, we'll be happy to provide. Being hosts has really made us learn more about our beautiful city and it's history and we're happy to share this with you!
So if y like tstay in one of our apartments, don't hesitate to send us an email and we will get back to you!