About this listing
La Pinay is located in the idyllic countryside of Lacave (located between Rocamadour & Souillac).The house is on a cliff carved into solid rock & decorated with a mix of brocante & modern elements.The terrace & garden offer a beautiful valley view.
The house has 3 floors equipped with wi-fi and convertible heating and air conditioning.
On the basement is the kitchen, dining area and shower/toilet. There is a microwave oven, small refrigerator with freezer, coffee maker, toaster, water boiler, 1-plate induction cooker and a complete set of kitchenware and dinnerware.
On the 2nd floor is the living room where there is a flat screen television with satellite channels and a selection of books for adults and children and toys.
On the top floor is the bedroom which sleeps 3 persons. There is a king size bed (190x140) and a single bed (190x90). The bedroom can be divided with a curtain. There is a small dresser with hairdryer.
Outdoor is the garden and a dining terrace with barbecue where home-cooked meal can be enjoyed while watching the beautiful sunset over the valley.
Swimming pool and jacuzzi (open from May to mid-September) access is at the nearby hotel "Le Pont de l'Ouysse" at no extra cost. The hotel is 300 meters away only.
The house is totally independent and has its own entrance.
Interaction with Guests
We are available onsite to answer questions and be of whatever help that we can. We speak French and English.
La Pinay is overlooking the beautiful hills of Lacave and located just a few steps away from Belcastel Castle, one of the most beautiful castles in Dordogne.
Lacave is at the crossroads of three departments (Lot, Correze and Dordogne) and three regions (Midi-Pyrenées , Aquitaine and Limousin), the Dordogne is an ideal base for touring and visiting numerous spectacular and historically important sites within a 1-hour driving radius.
- Rocamadour (10 kms), a cliffside pilgrimage town listed as one of the “Great Sites" of Midi-Pyrénées region
-Stone villages: Sarlat (38 kms), Carennac (27 kms), Loubressac (33 kms) and Collonges-la-Rouges (37 kms), all of which are classified amongst the most beautiful villages in France
-Fortified castles: Castelnaud (45 kms), Fenelon (25 kms), Castelnau-Bretenoux (39 kms), Montal (41 kms)
-Pre-historic sites : Lascaux (49 kms), Les Eyzies (60 kms)
-Caves : Grotte de Lacave (2 kms), Gouffre de Padirac (24 kms)
-Gardens: Jardin d'Eyrignac (30 kms), Jardin de Marqueyssac (40 kms)
-Museums: Automata and Mechanical toys in Souillac (10 kms), Champllion in Figeac (56 kms)
-Animal Parks: Animal Park in Gramat (20 kms), Reptiland in Martel (20 kms), Monkey Forest and Eagle Park in Rocamadour (10 kms)
The area offers a wealth of fun activities for all ages like walking, cycling, kayaking, horse riding, fishing, golf, tennis, hot air ballooning, rock climbing, spelunking, canyoning and paragliding.
For the gourmets, this little corner of Southwest France is home to the black truffle, a rare and prized delicacy (truffle markets are open in winter) It is also the land of foie gras (duck liver), a typical French delicacy made from fattened goose or duck liver, along with Rocamadour cheese, walnuts and Cahors wine. Visit to truffle farm and duck feeding demonstration is by appointment.
Shops, supermarkets, banks, doctors, pharmacies, gas stations and other amenities are in the town of Souillac (10 kms), which has a local market every Friday morning.
The closest airports within a reasonable drive are in Brive/Vallée de la Dordogne (30 kms), Toulouse (180 kms) and Limoges (150 kms). Trains to Paris and to the South are found in Souillac (11 kms) and Brive-la-Gaillarde (46 kms). We are in very rural surroundings so your own transport is essential. We can arrange for you bicycle hire.
Other Things to Note
- The rate is per night inclusive of bed linens, towels (except swimming pool towels), wi-fi, water, electricity and access to the swimming pool and jacuzzi at hotel-restaurant Le Pont de l'Ouysse.
- Guests will be charged the city tax of 0.33 Euros per person per night (children under 13 years old are exempted) payable upon arrival.
- Cleaning fee: Cleaning is optional. A deposit of 30 Euros will be due on arrival and will be refunded on departure after inspection of the cottage
- Minimum stay: 2 nights from November to April and 7 nights (arrival on Saturday) in July and August
- The swimming pool and jacuzzi at hotel-restaurant Le Pont de l'Ouysse are open only from May to mid-September.
- A basket of wood for the fireplace at 8 Euros is available upon request in advance.
- The tenant is responsible to have their own insurance such as medical treatment, loss or damage of personal belongings or cancellation of the reservation.
- The house must be returned in the same state of cleanliness and orderliness as upon arrival.
- Smoking inside the house is strictly not permitted but of course guests can smoke outside the house
- Pets are accepted but with a cleaning fee
From Jul 2 - Aug 27, 2016 the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Bonjour! I have been hosting in La Pinay since June 2014.
I am a mother to 2 girls, Amélie (8 yrs. old) and Louise (5 yrs. old). My husband Stéphane is a chef and together with his family, runs a hotel-restaurant named Le Pont de l'Ouysse (in Lacave) and a bistrot named Bistrot Chambon (in Brive-la-Gaillarde). I grew up in Manila, worked in Dubai and now living in Lacave. I enjoy gardening, travelling, photography and of course hosting. I love to meet new people and have been lucky enough to host many lovely guests of different nationalities - French, Dutch, Belgian, German, American, Canadian, Australian, New Zealander, Argentinian and Slovakian.
I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you soon at La Pinay. A bientôt!