About this listing
A clean, sunny, large room on the first floor in an upmarket location, with a queen sized bed and ensuite bathroom. Breakfast included. Apart from the room, the rest of the house is private.
This listing is for a large, comfortable room with plenty of sunlight, an armchair and bedside table. Enough wardrobe space to hang some clothes. Complimentary use of special bolsters and mat for yoga.
Air conditioning and laundry is available at an extra charge.
PLEASE CHECK OUR OTHER ROOM LISTINGS IF THIS ONE IS BOOKED. We have four rooms and each can accommodate 2 people.
> ABOUT THE PROPERTY
1. A large, clean, comfortable, private and quiet room in our home, with an ensuite bathroom that has running hot and cold water. The apartment is in a gated community with 24hr security, in an upmarket residential area. There is an elevator, and parking space is available on request.
2. As hosts we love to help our guests find the best experiences here...from food to music and shopping to sightseeing. We are in and out of the house all day - if you need any information, please ask!
3. The base price mentioned is per room for single occupancy.
4. Apart from the room shown in the listing, please note that the rest of the house is private.
> NEARBY ATTRACTIONS
1. We are very centrally placed in the upscale Koregaon Park area, close to everything from food to shopping and nightlife!
2. You would be hard put to find a better area to stay in on your visit to Pune. Five star hotels are a block away and you have easy access to transport.
4. We are a five minute walk from Koregaon Park, the Osho Ashram, the Nature Cure Centre and the Goethe Institute.
5. All the major hospitals are within a 2 km radius of our home
6. Rickshaws are available right at our doorstep. Private taxis can be booked via Uber and other mobile apps on your phone.
7. We are just a short ride from Main Street and the City, close to the Tribal Museum and the Race Course.
8. Fifteen minute drive from Pune Lohegaon (PNQ) airport
9. Ten minutes by rickshaw to M.G Road, the shopping district
10. Very close to the railway station, restaurants and sights.
> LOCATION: NEIGHBORHOOD DESCRIPTION
This listing is in a secure gated community in the upmarket Koregaon Park area, with tree lined avenues and comparatively little traffic. It is a residential area, though the biggest hotels are just around the corner.
Well lit at night, and safe to walk around.
Cafes and restaurants are very close by, as well as shops to provide all necessities.
The Botanical Institute is down the road and a short walk will bring you to the river.
1. Clean linen provided, 100% cotton
2. Shower gel and shampoo provided
3. WiFi, Hairdryer, Iron
4. Hot and cold water in Shower.
5. Tea and Coffee making facilities in the room.
6. Filtered water for drinking
> MEALS & CHECK-IN
Breakfast is included in the price, 8:30-9:30am
Check in at 11:00am
Check out at 10:00am
Early check in possible on special request (up to 3 hours before check-in time).
> EXTRA CHARGES FOR OPTIONAL SERVICES
1. Air-conditioning is available in two rooms at a charge of Rs. 200 (~$4) a night.
2. Laundry available at Rs. 250 (~$4.50) per load.
3. Osho robes can be rented at Rs. 200 (~$4) each
4. Suggested tip for the housekeeper: Rs. 100 (~$1.50).
You will receive keys to your room and the house on arrival. If you would like your room cleaned, please leave it open between 9-12 am.
Breakfast is served on the common dining table between 8.30 and 9.30 am.
The rest of the house is private, but I am generally around and about to answer any queries and guide you with onward travel plans.
Interaction with guests
We like to have a convivial breakfast and enjoy the prospect of interacting with our guests during this time.
Other things to note
Questions and Answers:
Q 1. Can I check in early?
A 1. I am fine with early check in up to three hours before check in time (11 am) provided there are no other guests already staying in the listed room. Please mention your expected time of arrival at booking, for a seamless check-in.
Q 2. Can I check out late?
A 2. Again, late check out is fine, for up to three hours if no guest is expected.
Q 3. Can I store my luggage at your place till I leave?
A 3. You are welcome to pack and keep your luggage in the hall for later daytime pick up on the day you leave, provided arrangements are made with the maid or host.
Q 4. Can I smoke?
A 4. Smoking is allowed only on the balconies. Not all rooms listed have balconies.
Q 5. Is the home safe?
A 5. Our home is very safe. We are located in an central and upscale area of town. We are also in a gated community with 24 hour security. The roads are well lit and fine to walk on .
Q 6. Do you have Wifi?
A 6. We have Wifi, which can be slow sometimes depending on the server.
Q 7. What size is the bed ?
A 7. The bed is Queen size with an excellent mattress and can fit two very comfortably .
Q 8. Can I do a load of laundry?
A 8. Yes you can, at an additional charge of Rs. 250 per load. The maid will give you a laundry basket on request and will do your laundry. Since our laundry is sun-dried it is advisable to give it at least a day before you need it (two days during the monsoon). Your linen will be changed once a week.
Q 9. Is there air conditioning?
A 9.There is an air conditioner in the listed room and it can be used at an additional charge of Rs 200 per day.
Q 10. What do I need to bring with me?
A 10. We provide clean cotton sheets, blankets, towels, hand towels, toothbrush, soap, shampoo and lotion, along with Tea / Coffee / sugar and filtered water.
A small first aid kit is available on request for minor injuries and ailments.
Q 11. Is there a curfew?
A 11. No. You can come and go as you please. Just switch the light off in the hallway on your return if it is late at night.
Q 12. Do you have a hairdryer and an iron?
A 12. Both are available on request.
Q 13. Can you book cabs, train tickets, air tickets for me?
A 13. I can give advice and guide you on the best options, but do not offer concierge services.
Q 14 . I am a local resident / my girlfriend is a local resident . Will I be welcome ?
Sorry we do not encourage bookings by local residents .
My other listings are:
- Twin Room
- Large room with Balcony https://www.airbnb.co.in/rooms/809044
No drugs or smoking allowed.
No pets allowed.
Use of kitchen/fridge available on request.
No visitors in private areas of the house.
No visitors allowed after 9 pm.
By Indian law, a photocopy of first page of passport and visa with stamp of entry is required immediately on check in.
No local residents from Pune accepted as guests .
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 79 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Life is too short to explore all the things I am interested in! Arts, crafts, design,travel, walking, people, spirituality, reading,music you name it I have something to do with it. Jill of all trades, for me every day is a new world, a new experience, a new opportunity to connect.
I like people who are interested in others and the world around them, enquiring minds and friendly feelings.
If you like Tolstoy, Queen and Vermeer, Arundhati Roy, Bhimsen Joshi and Sudhir Patwardhan, Greece, Italy, and Turkey, fresh baked bread, chicken curry, and waffles we will get on just fine!
Other listings in the same location are : https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/809044
Our independant 2 bedroom apartment is listed here:https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/800805