Want to stay in a cozy and tasteful apartment in one of Amsterdam's most happening neighbourhoods? I welcome you to stay in my home and make your time in the Dutch capital one to remember.
Easy does it.
I travel a lot and know how hard it can be to find the right accommodation. Amsterdam is particularly bad sometimes. Overpriced and trashy hostels, miniature hotel rooms and limited availability can really make your trip a nightmare.
Therefore I'd like to offer my stylish and cozy apartment to other travelers while I am away.
The apartment is located on the border of Oud West / De Baarsjes neighbourhoods and is excellently connected to the airport (Schiphol Amsterdam), Centraal and Zuid Stations and the city center.
In the neighbourhood you will find:
* One of Amsterdam's best coffee shops
* Various large supermarkets + a daily market
* Some of Amsterdam's best specialty coffee bars are close by. If you're really into coffee visit my blog The Coffeevine for all recommendations.
* A large variety of shops and food outlets
* Stylish bars and restaurants
* The famous Vondelpark is about 7minutes walking distance
* Leidseplein Square is about 15-20 minutes walk or roughly 5-7 minutes cycle away
2 Tramlines (7 and 17) and 2 buslines (15 and 18) directly serve my neighbourhood
In the apartment you will find:
* A tasteful and bright interior
* A fully equipped kitchen
* Separate bathroom and toilet
* A Master bedroom with flatscreen TV towards the quiet back of the apartment
* Wifi internet
* A spare bedroom (currently used as walk in closet) to store your suitcases or to provide space for a 5th guest
* Fold out sofa in living room also sleeps 2 people
* A lovely balcony with afternoon sunshine and a hammock
* An old school JVC ghettoblaster to connect your iPod
Plenty of parking outside the door, however being Amsterdam this is very expensive. Cheap parking is easily reachable by bus and located at the Olympisch Stadion.
If you're looking for a homely place to stay in our lovely city, then this is it.
I look forward to welcoming you in my home.
Interaction with Guests
Where possible, I will do the check in and check out and provide as many tips on the city as possible. If I cannot be there in person, I will make sure that the check in process is smooth and easy.
It's vibrant, really up and coming and very well connected. The airport is close as is the center. The area doesn't get that many random tourists, which is nice because it is more local than other neighbourhoods.
Excellent tram and bus connections can take you anywhere in the city in minutes. The airport is only 20 minutes by train + tram and Central station is at the end of tram 17 which passes my street.
Other Things to Note
My house is always clean and well keps. I ask my guests to treat it with the same respect. So far I've only made really good experiences. I hope this streak continues.
A compulsory 5% Amsterdam tourist tax is included in the price of the rental.
* Please leave the house as you found it.
* Please take your shoes off before entering the apartment
* All broken crockery/appliances or other missing items will be charged to the guest
* Please respect the neighbours by not playing loud music or making a lot of noise past 11pm
* You can use all equipment available in the apartment
* You can use basic condiments and foodstuff such as salt, pepper, Ketchup, coffee etc however items in the fridge/freezer or in the closed cupboards and on the exhaust may not be used
* You may not use any clothing or other personal items
* You may read available books/magazines, use board games and listen to CDs that can be found in the living room
* You must close the windows, turn off all lights/appliances and lock the door whenever your leave the house
Super tjekket lejlighed i pænt kvarter. Fin plads til 2+1+1
Vi følte os godt modtaget med rejseinfo fra lufthavnen/ nøgler og de bedste butikker i nærområdet. Også vejledninger på interiør.
Bare 4 km til centrum, let at gå eller tage sporvogn.
Alex was very easy to communicate with and the apartment is very convenient for a flat in Amsterdam. It's close to public transportation and far enough away from the bustle of the city center to act as a respite in a city that is so alive. The flat consisted of one master bed that fit two, one sofa couch that could fit up to two, and one double layered air mattress in a second pop-up bedroom.
A nice appartment in a nice neighbourhood. I particularly enjoyed the fact that a lot of sunlight shines into the appartment, should be really nice in summer! Too bad we couldn't enjoy the appartment to the fullest as we were outside wandering the city most of the time.
Extra plus: close to public transport and the Vondelpark
We were happy to stay at Alex's appartment, very nice neighborhood. We never met Alex in person, but the conversation was easy. Thank you Alex!
Alex's Cozy Flat in Amsterdam is a very nice place 15 min from the center of Amsterdam. The Place is very clean and has everything you need. Alex is a very open and friendly person. We can only recomend the Flat, we had a great time!
Un logement très confortable, soigné et propre dans un quartier tranquille d'Amsterdam, à15 mn en tram du centre-ville près des musées, vous en rêviez? Alex l'a fait. Nous le recommandons vivement, nous étions 5 et avons passé deux nuits, cela nous a permis de nous reposer après de longues ballades dans Amsterdam et des visites.
Encore merci Alex.
we had a wonderful time at Alex pace! It´s a lovely, clean and tidy apartment and Alex is a great host!! We would definitely come back!
I've been on Airbnb for a few years now and have so far had lots of great experiences both as a host and as a traveler.
I would love to welcome you to my adopted home city and help you get the most of your time in Amsterdam.
My house is always tidy and welcoming. If you're looking for a nice place to stay, this is it!