About this listing
Want to stay in a cozy and tasteful apartment in one of Amsterdam's most up and coming neighbourhoods? I welcome you to stay in my home and make your time in the Dutch capital one to remember.
The apartment sleeps four on three seperate beds.
I travel a lot and know how hard it can be to find the right accommodation. Amsterdam is particularly bad sometimes. Overpriced and trashy hostels, miniature hotel rooms and limited availability can really make your trip a nightmare.
Therefore I'd like to offer my stylish and cozy apartment to other travelers while I am away.
The apartment is located on the border of Oud West / De Baarsjes neighbourhoods and is excellently connected to the airport (Schiphol Amsterdam), Centraal and Zuid Stations and the city center.
In the neighbourhood you will find:
* One of Amsterdam's best coffee shops
* Various large supermarkets + a daily market
* Some of Amsterdam's best specialty coffee bars are close by. If you're really into coffee visit my blog The Coffeevine for all recommendations.
* A large variety of shops and food outlets
* Stylish bars and restaurants
* The famous Vondelpark is about 7minutes walking distance
* Leidseplein Square is about 15-20 minutes walk or roughly 5-7 minutes cycle away
2 Tramlines (7 and 17) and 2 buslines (15 and 18) directly serve my neighbourhood
In the apartment you will find:
* A tasteful and bright interior
* A fully equipped kitchen
* Separate bathroom and toilet
* A Master bedroom with flatscreen TV towards the quiet back of the apartment
* Wifi internet
* A spare bedroom with an additional airbed
* Sofa in living room also sleeps 1
* A lovely balcony with afternoon sunshine and a hammock
* A Sonos sound system
Plenty of parking outside the door, however being Amsterdam this is very expensive. Cheap parking is easily reachable by bus and located at the Olympisch Stadion.
If you're looking for a homely place to stay in our lovely city, then this is it.
I look forward to welcoming you in my home.
The apartment has one master bed in the main bedroom, a comfortable air bed in the spare bedroom and a sofa in the living room that also acommodates 1 person.
Guests are welcome to all areas of the apartment but are also asked to remain discreet and not interfere with personal belongings like clothing or personal items.
Interaction with Guests
Where possible, I will do the check in and check out and provide as many tips on the city as possible. If I cannot be there in person, I will make sure that the check in process is smooth and easy.
It's vibrant, really up and coming and very well connected. The airport is close as is the center. Only 5 minutes walk will take you to the heart of the Jan Pieter Heijestraat, Kinkerstraat, Jan Evertsenstraat and Overtoom areas that are full of bars, restaurants, coffee bars and some good shops.
Excellent tram and bus connections can take you anywhere in the city in minutes. The airport is only 20 minutes by train + tram and Central station is at the end of tram 17 which passes my street. Leidseplein is about 15 minutes walking distance, Dam square would take about 25 minutes.
Other Things to Note
My house is always clean and well keps. I ask my guests to treat it with the same respect. So far I've only made really good experiences. I hope this streak continues.
A compulsory 5% Amsterdam tourist tax is included in the price of the rental.
* Please leave the house as you found it.
* Please take your shoes off before entering the apartment
* All broken crockery/appliances or other missing items will be charged to the guest
* Please respect the neighbours by not playing loud music or making a lot of noise past 11pm
* You can use all equipment available in the apartment
* You can use basic condiments and foodstuff such as salt, pepper, Ketchup, coffee etc however items in the fridge/freezer or in the closed cupboards and on the exhaust may not be used
* You may not use any clothing or other personal items
* You may read available books/magazines, use board games and listen to CDs that can be found in the living room
* You must close the windows, turn off all lights/appliances and lock the door whenever your leave the house