About this listing
Adjen is a characteristic houseboat located in a quiet and very central canal, 5 minutes walking from Leidseplein and Vondelpark; just a few steps away from the intense cultural and entertainment life that the city of Amsterdam offers. This cosy apartment was recently renewed and refurnished.
Owners are living in this houseboat for periods of time throughout the year, therefore guests will find all the comforts of your own house. The house boat is completely furnished. Guests have the disposal of 2 bedrooms, with a double size bed each, bathroom with shower, well lighted living room with the possibility to add a sofa bed and a fully furnished kitchen. Digital TV, DVD player, Wi-Fi internet access and stereo aux cable for Ipod/Iphone.
With a marvellous view on a quiet canal, the houseboat is ideal for families and couples and for whom wishes to live the authentic Amsterdam lifestyle in a comfortable and unique environment. A deposit of 250€ is required and should be paid at arrival.
Interaction with Guests
I live in Amsterdam from more than 15 years and I am happy to give you the right tips. I am quite communicative so please don't hesitate to ask for anything you should need: from flowers for a surprise for your girlfriend, up to bike and boat rentals arrangements, chef in house service or any kind of idea you should have ;)
The neighborhood is very quite and residential, but only a few steps away from the wonderful Vondelpark and the busy Leidseplein (Paradiso, Melkweg, Sugar Factory, Cinecente, Bull Dog coffee shop).
There are many nice restaurants and cafés just around the houseboat, plenty of choice
The location is privileged. Within 3 minutes from the door step you are at one of the many public transport connections to move easily in town.
However the location is so central that we advise to walk or rent a bike to discover the city as it is supposed to be.
Other Things to Note
Please note that for arrivals later than 21 hrs. we ask an additional fee (€25) to be paid cash on the spot for the receptionist.
Please pay attention to the following house rules:
- The rental property is a smoking property. fully equipped and furnished as is let with the following furnishings:
Sleepingroom nr. 1 (doublebed including beddings and towels for all the guests), wardrobe and a chair.
Sleepingroom nr. 2 (doublebed including beddings and towels for all the guests), wardrobe, tv, dresser and a chair.
Living room: large table with 6 chairs, sofa(bed), library with books and miscellaneous, small TV table, TV flat screen remote control, digital TV box, DVD player remote control, various plants.
Kitchen: fully equipped, please leave it clean as you find it.
Bed and bath linen are included in the price.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Please do not throw anything else than toilet paper in the WC pot! The houseboat has a water pump system that could get seriously damaged by not following this advice! The receptionist will explain you what to do in case of malfunctioning.
- Please do not make noise in the street outside the houseboat. Absolutely forbidden after 22:00 (neighbors may call the police)
- The rubbish can be put into the green containers aside the street anytime of the day. Please make sure to put it “into” the containers (by opening the bar on it) and do not leave it just next to it. You could get a fine for that !
- Please separate rubbish (paper, glas and plastic) in 3 different bags. We will take care of throwing it in the right containers. Thank!
- Please do not over-use central heating. Turn it down when you leave the apartment! In the living room you need to control the central heating only from the display on the wall and not by opening/closing the handle on the heater itself!
- For security reasons, do not leave open windows when you are not in the house.
- Last but not least we kindly ask you to co-operate in the respect of the neighborhood and the houseboat.
Before departure please be sure to do the following:
Take out all trash to the dumpster
Strip the beds, place all dirty linens
close all windows
do not forget personal belonging
We wish you a wonderful stay “on the water”!
About the Host, Mario
Hi there, I'am Mario, I'm Italian, married with a Dutch woman and with 3 lovely children. I work in the tourism sector since more than 10 years now, managing my own travel organization based in then Netherlands. For work I live between Amsterdam and Sicily, my birth place and main destination of the tailor made tours I organize for my guests.
In Amsterdam I have my first listing of a cozy houseboat in one the central canals of the city; in Sicily I have my second listing of a Boat & Breakfat on a charming 35 ft sailboat, moored at the historical harbor of Palermo.
The 3rd listing is actually the place where my family lives all year round, except during summer. We like to think that some nice family with kids will want to enjoy our apartment when we are away.
Come and enjoy your time in Amsterdam in a very original and authentic way. The city needs no presentation for its beauty, but the vision from the water is fantastic and the atmosphere unique, any season of the year! We love to share it and we look forward to have you as guests!
If you are heading more to the south and want to discover Palermo, one of the most popular mediterranean cities, consider this unique experience of spending a few days on a charming, romantic and cozy sailboat, moored just a few steps away from the main touristic, cultural and authentic spots the historical centre of Palermo has to offer.
Only for short period of times, mostly during the summer, our large family apartment, located right in the middle of the historical centre of the city is available for nice families who want to experince how is to live in Palermo as a local.
Either north or south I guarantee you a very warm welcome and support to discover the places where I live! Hope to meet you soon in person!