About this listing
Taste the wonderful experience of the life on the water of the Amsterdam typical canals.
I will be happy to host you and give you precious tips about living as a local in this fantastic city!
Adjen is a characteristic houseboat located in a quiet and very central canal, 5 minutes walking from Leidseplein and Vondelpark; just a few steps away from the intense cultural and entertainment life that the city of Amsterdam offers. This cozy apartment was recently renewed and refurnished.
The owner is living in this houseboat, but very often on business trip for periods of time throughout the year, therefore guests will find all the comforts of your own house and guaranteed privacy.
- A fully furnished kitchen, bathroom with shower*, well lighted living room with the possibility to use an extra sofa bed. Digital TV, DVD player, Wi-Fi internet access and stereo aux cable for iPod/iPhone.
*The bathroom has a walk-in shower, with no cabin, therefore a little attention is required to keep the floor dry after showering.
With a marvellous view on a quiet canal, the houseboat is ideal for families and couples and for whom wishes to live the authentic Amsterdam lifestyle in a comfortable and unique environment.
A security deposit of 250€, directly handled thorugh Airbnb, is required for possible damages or necessary extra cleaning.
Interaction with Guests
I live in Amsterdam from more than 15 years and I am happy to give you the right tips. I am quite communicative so please don't hesitate to ask for anything you should need: from flowers for a surprise for your girlfriend, up to bike and boat rentals arrangements, chef in house service or any kind of idea you should have ;)
The neighborhood is very quite and residential, but only a few steps away from the wonderful Vondelpark and the busy Leidseplein (Paradiso, Melkweg, Sugar Factory, Cinecente, Bull Dog coffee shop).
There are many nice restaurants and cafés just around the houseboat, plenty of choice
The location is privileged. Within 3 minutes from the door step you are at one of the many public transport connections to move easily in town.
However the location is so central that we advise to walk or rent a bike to discover the city as it is supposed to be.
Other Things to Note
Please note that for arrivals later than 21 hrs. we ask an additional fee (€25) to be paid cash on the spot.
Please pay attention to the following house rules:
- The rental property is a smoking property. fully equipped and furnished as is let with the following furnishings:
Sleepingroom nr. 1 (doublebed including beddings and towels for all the guests), wardrobe and a chair.
Sleepingroom nr. 2 (doublebed including beddings and towels for all the guests), wardrobe, tv, dresser and a chair.
- Common area
Living room: large table with 6 chairs, sofa(bed), library with books and miscellaneous, small TV table, TV flat screen remote control, digital TV box, DVD player remote control, various plants.
Kitchen: fully equipped, please leave it clean as you find it.
Bed and bath linen are provided by the owner.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Please do not throw anything else than toilet paper in the WC pot! The houseboat has a water pump system that could get seriously damaged by not following this advice! The receptionist will explain you what to do in case of malfunctioning.
- Please do not make noise in the street outside the houseboat. Absolutely forbidden after 22:00 (neighbors may call the police)
- The rubbish can be put into the green containers aside the street anytime of the day. Please make sure to put it “into” the containers (by opening the bar on it) and do not leave it just next to it. You could get a fine for that !
- Please separate rubbish (paper, glas and plastic) in 3 different bags. We will take care of throwing it in the right containers. Thank!
- Please do not over-use central heating. Turn it down when you leave the apartment! In the living room you need to control the central heating only from the display on the wall and not by opening/closing the handle on the heater itself!
- For security reasons, do not leave open windows when you are not in the house.
- Last but not least we kindly ask you to co-operate in the respect of the neighborhood and the houseboat.
Before departure please be sure to do the following:
Take out all trash to the dumpster
Strip the beds, place all dirty linens
close all windows
do not forget personal belonging
We wish you a wonderful stay “on the water”!
From Dec 7 - 8, 2015 the minimum stay is 2 nights.