Single bed in private room. Located in the heart of Sheffield city centre. Within walking distance of both the University of Sheffield & Sheffield Hallam University. Close to Devonshire Green, as well as many bars, restaurants, independent shops & boutiques. Shared access to bathroom and kitchen. Fast WiFi internet. Discounts available for longer stays. Bookings will only be accepted through the Airbnb website. I do not offer viewings, I am often busy or away, so I manage everything online.
A single private room available in my home, the room contains a single bed, a small computer desk, chair, clothes basket. Bedding is provided, and clean towels are on the shelf in the bathroom. I have also fitted a blind and blackout curtains.
You would have access to the smaller bedroom, and you would be sharing the bathroom (which has a bath, sink and toilet. PLEASE NOTE: I have a bath tub but there is NO SHOWER) and kitchen (oven, gas hob, fridge, freezer etc.) with myself and/or anyone else who happens to be staying in my home at the time. Help yourself to tea, coffee, sugar, herbs and spices in the kitchen. I provide toilet paper and liquid hand soap in the bathroom. Cleaning supplies are also available in both the kitchen and the bathroom so that you can clean things after you use them. If you require anything else then you need to provide this yourself i.e. shampoo, toothpaste, toiletries, food and drinks. There are plenty of shops within walking distance for any supplies you might need during your stay.
PLEASE NOTE: You would NOT have access to the two other rooms in my home... I have a second larger bedroom which I sometimes list on airbnb (if it is available, then you would be welcome to book this larger room which is listed separately to the room you are currently viewing). I also have a third room that I use to stretch and practice hula hooping in, and I will often sleep in this third room if I have guests in the larger bedroom.
Interaction with guests
If I am here and not too busy, then I am happy to come and meet you at the train/bus station when you arrive. I may or may not be here during all or part of your stay, as sometimes I am away travelling, working and training circus arts for extended periods of time. Access to keys will be arranged if I am not here when you arrive. I charge a cleaning fee for each booking so that I can cover my time, or pay someone else to change the bedding and clean the apartment in between reservations, and also be here to give guests a key on arrival. Besides using airbnb, I like to invite circus friends and other guests from around the world to come and stay in my home. So it is quite likely that there will be others around at the same time that you are here.
Other things to note
I have taken time to complete my personal profile, describe my home, the amenities available within my home, and I have also verified my ID. Airbnb is built on trust, so it is nice to know a bit about anyone I am inviting into my home, and I appreciate when guests take the time to complete their profiles and give me information about the reason for their visit. If you have not verified your ID, added profile information or indicated the reason for your visit, then please do not be offended if I ignore or reject your reservation request.
OVERVIEW: I really don’t like having to lay out rules, especially as the vast majority of guests behave in an appropriate manner, show respect for my home, and are an absolute pleasure to host. However, from some past experiences, I have felt it necessary to identify the things that are really important to me. Therefore I ask that you please read these rules, and further instructions given in my listing on how to use things in my home, so that I can be a great host throughout your stay.
PLEASE NOTE: Failure to comply with any of these rules, or any of the instructions contained within this listing (and in the house manual), will result in the immediate cancellation of your booking without a refund, and action will be taken to recover any further costs incurred.
• Please ensure all guest information is correct, and upload a photo so I can identify you on arrival. I wish to know who is staying in my home at all times, and I may request to see a valid photo ID.
• No visitors or guests are permitted in my home at any time without my permission. All overnight guests must be approved in advance and are subject to an additional fee as noted in the price.
• No loud noise at unreasonable hours (after 10pm).
• I kindly ask that during your stay, you keep my home clean and tidy.
• Clean the kitchen after each use, look after my kitchenware, ensure that you thoroughly clean cookware, and do not leave dirty washing up in the sink.
• Keep the bathroom clean, and ensure that you clean and remove all soap scum and hair from the bath tub after each use.
• Make sure to turn off water taps properly when you're not using them, as well as lights and other electrical items when not in use.
• When you leave or enter the apartment, check that the door has completely locked shut.
• If you break or damage something, please let me know immediately and arrange for its replacement or repair.
• Please fully read and follow all further instructions given in my listing details and within house manual on how to use the amenities in my home.
• Take all your belongings when you leave, including any food in the kitchen, and any items you have in the bathroom.