About this listing
*** FEATURED AS ONE OF THE TOP 25 BROOKLYN APARTMENTS ON AIRBNB'S "Best of Brooklyn" LIST! ***
There's a waiting list of friends who want our apartment if we ever move out - but why would we? It's got:
• Charm to spare: hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, original moldings and fireplaces and that greatest Big Apple rarity - SPACE! There's a big living/dining room, bright kitchen, and beautiful bathroom. Plus, one of us a professional performer so there's even a mirrored studio for yoga! (It can also be used to host additional members of your party on a case by case basis - we've got an air mattress.) Every detail in the place has been lovingly considered. It feels open and fresh in the warm months and homey and inviting in the cold ones, providing a tranquil contrast to the lively streets below.
This listing is for our big bright bedroom, which is actually two rooms because it has a cozy study/studio attached to it. It's only available when we're out of town. Please note that this is a two-bedroom apartment, and it is possible that we might be hosting another guest in the smaller guest bedroom during your stay. The kitchen, bathroom and spacious living area and yoga studio are shared spaces. We consider carefully if each guest seems a good fit for our home, and we rent to those guests we ourselves would be happy to share the space with.
• Location: Just a four minute-walk from the G, ten from the A/C line, and 1-2 blocks from major bus lines, so it's very easy to get around.
- 6mn subway to Williamsburg (+4mn walk)
- 13mn subway to TriBeCa (+10mn walk)
- 15mn taxi to Lower East Side (unless it's
- 4mn subway to famous Brooklyn Flea
Market and beautiful Ft. Greene area with
gorgeous parks and fantastic bar/restaurant
scene (+4mn walk)
There are great coffee shops and restaurants (and a little grocer's with the most surprisingly delicious vegan baked goods) popping up all around us and we're convinced that our neighbors (a mix of African-American, Caribbean, and, well, hipster) are the friendliest in the entire city. Bed-Stuy is probably the most sought after developing neighborhood in the city right now - it had a rough-and-tumble reputation in the days when rappers Jay-Z and Notorious B.I.G. were growing up here, but it's come a long way and we've always felt safe and welcome.
• Our hosting style: We love this city and want you to as well! We take your well-being seriously. We'll give you as much privacy or guidance as you need to be happy and comfortable.
Some other goods: fast internet connection, ample street parking, amazing homemade Jamaican food downstairs, two super sweet cats. We don't have a TV, but we've got DVDs that you're welcome to enjoy. (we use our laptops for the latter.)
Please let us know if you've got any questions!
Other Things to Note
We love that this place has its original decor and atmosphere, and we hope you will love it too. However if you're usually more comfortable somewhere more modern and polished, it might not be for you.
We're laid-back and considerate and hope you are too. We've got to be fanatically clean in the kitchen to ward off six-legged friends, so please keep that in mind.
You must tolerate, if not enjoy, cats.