Amsterdam combines the modern with the old, business with art, and an active commercial harbor with the charm of Rembrandt's days. It's a colorful town with flower markets along the quays and music in the cobble-stoned streets.
Amsterdam has fifty canals which creates a romantic atmosphere by day and by night.
The houseboat Annema is situated in the centre of Amsterdam
in an area called "West". The "West" is a typical "volks" district which has in recent years been restored.
The Jordaan is a neighborhood just on the opposite side of the channel where the Annema is moored. It is Amsterdam's Greenwich Village. With its narrow alleys, leafy canals lined with 17th-century houses, quirky specialty shops, cafes and designer boutiques. The neighborhood was originally built for artists, craftsmen, and tradesmen, and the old character still remains, though gentrification has left its mark.
The Noordermarkt in the Jordaan, is a special place to visit. On Saturday from 10am to 3pm, this old market square hosts a Farmers' Market for "bio" (organic) products and a Bird Market. A popular flea market that overflows onto neighboring Westerstraat take over on Monday from 7:30am to 1:30pm; clothes that were fashionable a decade and more ago are, for some reason, highly esteemed. But also
The Dam, Koninklijk Paleis (Royal Palace), Nieuwe Kerk (New Church), the Anne Frankhuis , the Westerkerk….. are in a distance of a 5 - 10 min walk from the houseboat Annema.
Facilities of the Annema:
• There is a fully equipped open kitchen to the living room
• The two bedrooms have a good atmosphere
(double bed + two single bed (you can put them together))
• Big bath room with shower & WC
and a nice door which opens to the channel.
• In the living-room one chair-bed (simply to use, single)
• The water from the tab you can drink without any doubts.
• Hot water, kitchen and the heating system operates on piped gas.
• The boats are well insulated and centrally heated.
With a thermostat you just choose the temperature you want.
• There is cable television (email hidden) - stereo system with a CD-player.
• The shutters on all windows provide insulation and total darkness.
• There is good sanitation and a flush toilet.
• Bed - linen, blankets and towels are supplied.
• Wi-Fi-connection (YOU HAVE TO BRING YOUR OWN LAPTOP)
• The Annema has one terrace in front of the boat
and there is also the possibility to sit on the wood on the waterside of the houseboat.
• The size of the Annema is 13,00m x 4,30m (without terraces).
This houseboat has big windows overlooking the water.
When you come inside you just feel good.
The boat is built on a concrete base and is a mix between a house and a boat (houseboat).
• One minute walk from the Annema is an evening - shop and there is a bigger supermarket in walking adistantance of 5 - 10 - minutes.
• A bar, which sells one of the best croissant (cornetti) of Amsterdam, is just on the other side of the street (50 meter).
• A Tram-stop is around the corner
• You have a variety of restaurants near to the Annema, brown cafes, jazz club, comedy club or piano bar, all in short walking distance.
Discover Amsterdam, by boot, bicycle, tram or by feet,
forget the car.
Beautiful, clean, well maintained houseboat in an excellent location.
Thank you Natasha you are an excellent welcome host and congratulations Klaus on building a very comfortable homely houseboat.
The reservation was canceled 4 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Wir hatten eine schöne Zeit. Die Annema bietet viel Platz, ist gut ausgestattet und gemütlich. Sie liegt zentral, so dass man nach 5-10 Minuten Fußweg mitten im Stadtzentrum ist. Gegenüber gibt es eine nette kleine Bar, dort kann man bis spät abends draußen sitzen. Die Einrichtung war sehr sauber und gepflegt. Die Gastgeber waren freundlich und hilfsbereit, auch die Kommunikation im Vorfeld war super. Insgesamt ein paar sehr schöne erholsame Tage auf einem gemütlichen Hausboot mit einem entspannenden Blick auf's Wasser. Sehr zu empfehlen! Vielen Dank.
Beautiful boat house, it was perfect for the 3 days spent in Amsterdam, warm and cosy with a great location.
Couldn't have been better!
A beautiful House, i love the place, Natasha was very friendly. I recommen this place.
The Annika is a great houseboat with plenty of room. We had a wonderful time staying here.
We had a great time at the owner's houseboat. It's comfortable, with any kind of equipment needed and in a cool position. in the city center, with a supermarket in front of the street, and with a nice view on the channel which is really calm for the most part of the day. you can eventually see some swans swimming next to the house windows.
We will come back for sure in future. Awesome experience in Amsterdam.
The host canceled my reservation 40 days before arrival.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT