About this listing
Welcome to our home, with free Wi-fi, a large library and your own double bedroom. Only minutes away from Ponsonby, K'Rd, the Sky Tower and Victoria Park! Friendly French/Maori hosts and a kitten, this place is really welcoming and cozy.
Ideal location to visit Auckland and/or start road tripping in NZ.
Old 1950's house with high ceilings, nothing flash but we try our best to make you feel home and to have a good rest if you just arrive from a long flight :)
Comes with a playful fluffy cat in the house!
You will have your own room and your own keys to the house, including access to the kitchen and washing machine. Free unlimited Wi-Fi, lots of travel books and brochures available in the room.
We have a front porch with a bench for the smokers.
Interaction with Guests
We are a friendly and lay back French/Maori couple. We can help you out with tips for getting around the city or for your stay in NZ.
English is the preferred language of the house. Marine also speaks French and some Spanish if you struggle but T is only an English speaker.
Close to a park with free tennis court and you can borrow our rackets.
Closest supermarket is 10mins walking distance.
Trendy Ponsonby is around the corner and is the best spot for bars, dinners and night life. 'Ponsonby Central' is the best!
K'rd isn't far either for a more grunge, quirky atmosphere. 'St Kevin's Arcade' is a personal favourite.
CBD and all of AKL main landmarks are all within walking distance from our place.
- Bus 020 from our street will take you to Britomart or to Westmere.
- City Link bus does a CBD loop for $1 and drops you off 600m from us.
- Buses to the north shore are only 5mins away from the house.
- Cheaptaxi and Uber would be our recommendations for private transport.
- You can walk to Ponsonby, K'rd, Victoria Park, Sky Tower, Viaduct etc.
Other Things to Note
- Please let us know what time you think you will arrive.
- The bathroom is shared with us.
- Unlimited Wi-Fi
- We do not have a private parking but a lot of free car park spaces in the area.
- We LOVE playing board games but we are highly competitive!
- No indoor smoking.
- Guests should be polite and friendly.
- Guests should check with us first before bringing or inviting other people into our house.
- Please turn off lights when you are not using them.
- Please do not leave dirty dishes in your room.
If you wish to share a meal with us we are more than happy to, we only ask that you contribute in some way to the meal (eg: taking turns if you are staying several days or providing some groceries for the meal).